League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Toggle Smartcast (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2065224)

Brother Of Dux 04-26-2012 11:55 PM

Toggle Smartcast

I've seen this thread nuuuuuumuerous times, and I never thought I would make one myself, since making smartcast toggle on-off seemed like an actually good idea that was easy to implement and had virtually no downsides.

However patch after patch I've waited and for nothing.

I just want to know whether thats because Riot rejects this idea, or because they've been too busy to deal with a small problem like this, or whether they are already working on it.

boourns 04-27-2012 01:17 PM

Nope, it's a good idea that we just haven't had time to do yet. I personally think it would make smartcasting more flexible and accessible

Kikhan 04-27-2012 01:41 PM

For the most part I am use to it and dont need it but it makes spells like Victors E and Rumbles ult a little easier to use. Again I can still do it but, I occasionally screw them up.

Brother Of Dux 04-27-2012 06:08 PM

Yay!! can't wait for it :)

boourns 04-27-2012 06:28 PM

LOL, sadly I don't get to decide what does and doesn't get done by myself, so no promises!

Panzerfaust 04-27-2012 06:55 PM

I think the biggest issue with this would be making it be extremely visible whether or not smart casting is toggled on currently. Requiring you to remember... not going to work.

This will add another item to the UI, and you have to decide whether that is adding more potential clutter.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3 04-27-2012 07:28 PM

I think I have a better solution.

So, you want to use smartcasting primarily and be able to view the range of spells when need be, right?
If so, why not place smartcast on QWER and regular cast on Shift+Q, Shift+W, Shift+E, Shift+R (ironically, the default smartcast keys)?
The Shift+key is a little bit harder to press and takes a little bit more time, sure. But you will only be using it in situations when you have time for it (if you don't, then you can't take your time to aim, then you're better off with simple smartcast).

The only problem I see with this approach is that you somehow cannot assign regular casting to Shift+key in-game - you need to change input.ini manually.

Doesn't it solve the problem?

P.s. I've been using this config for over half a year now, and haven't had any problems with it.

LobsterKitteh 04-27-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Well Whatever (Hozzászólás 23699676)
I think I have a better solution.

So, you want to use smartcasting primarily and be able to view the range of spells when need be, right?
If so, why not place smartcast on QWER and regular cast on Shift+Q, Shift+W, Shift+E, Shift+R (ironically, the default smartcast keys)?
The Shift+key is a little bit harder to press and takes a little bit more time, sure. But you will only be using it in situations when you have time for it (if you don't, then you can't take your time to aim, then you're better off with simple smartcast).

The only problem I see with this approach is that you somehow cannot assign regular casting to Shift+key in-game - you need to change input.ini manually.

Doesn't it solve the problem?

P.s. I've been using this config for over half a year now, and haven't had any problems with it.

No actually I want to smart cast with some characters and I don't want it on others.

Let's say I play talon I want W on smartcast but the next game when I play singed I don't want my w on smartcast. Thing is if I played talon yesterday I don't remember I'm on smart cast until I throw goo at my feet with singed.

After that you need to toggle it back while laning which is a bit annoying because you have to go through menus.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3 04-27-2012 08:46 PM

Okay, I get it now, thanks.

KaXaSA 04-27-2012 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfaust (Hozzászólás 23698767)
I think the biggest issue with this would be making it be extremely visible whether or not smart casting is toggled on currently. Requiring you to remember... not going to work.

This will add another item to the UI, and you have to decide whether that is adding more potential clutter.

relevant:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaXaSA (Hozzászólás 10871506)
Attachment 430776
Green 'S' = smart cast on
Red 'S' = smart cast off