League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Solo top champion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2042997)

Shacgster 04-20-2012 02:10 PM

Solo top champion?

So I play alot of solo top, primarily as riven, pantheon, jarvan, and udyr. I am looking at buying another solo top champion, and was wondering what people thought. I am looking more for a fighter that kinda plays like riven. I want melee, I hate ranged. Right now I'm looking at buying one of these.

vlad
kennen
hecarim( never seen him solo top, but he is very hard to kill, at least late game)
nautilus
skarner
brand
wukong

If you guys don't mind telling me your thoughts on them, or if you think someone else would be a better pick tell me! I don't want just the name of the champion, but why you think that, a little explanation for your choice.

Queen Sejuani 04-20-2012 02:17 PM

Vlad is strong in lane but... I am incredibly biased in him because he falls off terrible mid and lategame.

Kennen top is good

Hecarim, I don't know, never really saw any, but I think he'd be better in jungle.

Nautilus sucks at top.

Skarner's ok top, but way better in the jungle.

Brand sucks at top

Wukong pretty good top.

If you'd like fighter people at top I suggest:

Renekton: A really good character for top and really strong in lane, there is only few that can beat him.

Jax: A little weak early but starts to get really strong after lvl 7

Olaf: Currently one of my mains for top. Ridiculous sustain, Ridiculous trading with true damage, and an ult that makes you immune to CC for a short period of time. Really strong pick for your whole team.

Yorick: One of the best tops, his damage is not that good but after a few levels he starts to get some damage. Also has really strong sustain. The thing with him is that he mashes his ghouls onto you and the damage adds up.

Shen: ZOMFG SO BROKEN

Warwick: Huge sustain, good damage, his ult is a kill secure in lane+ ignite + q.

I probably missed alot but those are some good picks.

winchesterSX3 04-20-2012 03:30 PM

i really like to play dr mundo top, once lvl 6 he needs a gank to be killed...
also theres garen. his passive lets him hide in the bushes and heal and just become a bully with his q having the other solo have to use pots and call in ganks, and then theres malphite. build lots of armor and once lvl 6 his ult can secure a tower dive kill if you got a good jungler

Shacgster 04-20-2012 03:37 PM

mundo is always banned, and i dont really like the play style of garen, but malphite hmmmmm..... any other ideas people?

Shacgster 04-20-2012 03:38 PM

what about rumble? no one ever considers him anymore

KevinNeverDies 04-20-2012 04:06 PM

Nasus. If your in a 1v1 lane, you don't even need to focus on killing. Just farm Q all game.

Morth Congael 04-20-2012 04:11 PM

As solo top, I like Gragas, He has health and mana sustain from his passive and drunken rage, his body slam makes him close to ungankable, and his ultimate is great for getting people out from under towers.He's also a melee champ, which you said you liked. ;)

TFponyman 04-20-2012 07:25 PM

i like talon goin top. The lane can be a little tough at first but once your lvl 6 the ult can save you from most ganks. Just melts squishy mages, carrys and supports.

tiser 04-20-2012 08:04 PM

i usually play talon or olaf, talon coz u can kill mostly of the champs in lane but u must b very carefull not good for taking damag, olaf might b better since u want a fighter, few can beat olaf in lane is easy to avoid ganks

Keirndmo 04-20-2012 08:34 PM

Rumble Nasus or Renekton.
3 great bruisers.
I'm not even gonna mention Olaf top just because he's a freakin' amazing jungler and shouldn't go top.