League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Counters at top Lane (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1981613)

Ruiner09 04-04-2012 06:10 PM

Counters at top Lane

I'm just curious on who counters Yorick mainly.

But any counters about others champs are well welcome.

Please explain your reasoning on why/how they do.

Thanks for any and all help.

Mr Whoople 04-04-2012 06:46 PM

People with sustain and can get up close and bully him.

JediJemar 04-04-2012 08:31 PM

Riven but you have to play super aggressive at lvl 1

Boomslice 04-05-2012 12:01 AM

Yorick doesn't have any HARD counters. With that said, he is one of the single best laning phase champions in the game. The best chance is to survive laning phase and come out with a decent amount of CS.

Lee Sin and Renekton are two very good counters to Yorick, but as someone else has already said, you must play aggressive and you must get your sustain as early as possible. Yorick outlanes most champs because he out sustains most champs. (Source of this info: WickD's Top Lane Counter Pick Spreadsheet)

In my own personal experience from player plenty of Yorick games, is that you want to take huge advantage of when he has to back. Yorick runs out of mana quickly if he is being forced to use his spells. Champions that can sustain well force him to waste his mana. Take advantage of this point, push your lane hard to tower, force him to lose exp and gold, and meanwhile go counter jungle his team or gank another lane.

BennyQ 04-05-2012 07:36 AM

Pantheon can beat Yorick up pretty hard in lane if played right. Yorick will get zoned and is forced to spam w and e to farm because if he comes close Pantheon Q's then Jumpstun combo again and its just too much for Yorick to handle, making Yorick take frequent trips back and losing on cs and exp. This is my personal opinion but i may be wrong.

Quick Rawr 04-05-2012 08:05 AM

Yorick does have a hard counter - Trundle. His pillar and contaminate makes it quite difficult to gank/kite him. He heals each time that yorick summons a minion, he has great sustain in lane, and is not able to be bullied out of lane. I'd say he's a good match-up.

Austinja 04-05-2012 08:16 AM

I haven't faced a solo top Yorick but I'd assume my favorite Solo Top pick, Shen, would have a decent time negating his bursts with W, and a nicely time Dash + Q can hit Yorick right in the face and zone him out. Though, to the point above, Trundle sounds like a good matchup too (for once he's trolling with a PURPOSE!)

Ruiner09 04-05-2012 01:54 PM

I see what you guys are talking about. I was able to handle a Yorick at top with wukong only due to our jungle pretty much camping top.

Thanks for the replies

IamGundam3 04-05-2012 06:56 PM

I just know everyone in solo top can counter Wukong!!!

Lee sin Riven Rumble Pantheon Olaf and othes in solo top can counter Wukong!!!

Riot should buff Wukong in this patch!

TheDestined 04-05-2012 07:07 PM

Personally I think Tryn counters Yorick pretty hard. I always play him against Yorick and his Crits pretty much 1-2 shot his ghosts all day. Once he gets a vamp scepter, that and his Q keeps him sustaining and Csing much better than Yorick.