League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 17

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ghraath, The Fury of the Void (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1973834)

GjommyFuFu 04-02-2012 01:16 AM

Ghraath, The Fury of the Void

15 Attachment(s)
Before you do anything, please read this. I'm aware that some people will be viewing this thread. If you're coming here, please tell me what you think of it. If you're here to read the concept, I'd like you to leave 100% honest feedback. I can take it, trust me. If you have any suggestions that will aid in character depth, or to balance his stats or skills, let me know.
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Champion Review Thread here!! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2191347

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, 1000+ views! Yay!
2500+ views!! :o No way!
5000+ views. o.o Wow.
7500+ views!!! Serious!? :D
OVER 9000+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! views!!

*All similarities to other champs are coincidence and your paranoia getting to you. :P

Ghraath (Prounounced: Graa-th, like Cho'Gath, with an R in there.)

Ghraath is an AD, Melee Assassin, whose sole purpose is to surprise the enemy, render them useless, drop a mass amount of damage on them, and then safely retreating without harm.

Role: Melee, Fighter, Assassin

Overview:
Health: Average

Attack: High

Difficulty: Slightly Above Average

Spells: Low

Recommended Items:
Ninja Tabi, The Bloodthirster, Brutalizer, Quicksilver Sash, Trinity Force, Manamune
Attachment 457139Attachment 457140Attachment 457141Attachment 457142Attachment 457144Attachment 457143

Recommended Summoners:
Attachment 468870Attachment 468872
or
Attachment 468868Attachment 468872
or
Attachment 468868Attachment 468870

Stats:
Health: 395 (+80.00/lvl)

Health Regen: 7.0 (+0.5/lvl)

Armor: 18.00 (+3.25/lvl)

Magic Resist: 30.00 (+1.25/lvl)

Attack: 62 (+3/lvl)

Attack Speed: 0.701 (+2.5%/lvl)

Mana: 200 (+40.00lvl)

Mana Regen: 7.0 (+0.5/lvl)

Range: 125

Speed: 315

Ability Set:

Attachment 457145
Void Refuge (Innate):
When Ghraath's life is brought below 30% health he activates Void Refuge, shrouding himself in void smoke, granting him bonus armor and magic resist for 7 seconds. The armor and magic resist are equal to 30%/40%/50% of Ghraath's base attack damage. There is a one minute cooldown before Ghraath can activate this effect again. The scaling increases at levels 11 and 16.

Attachment 457146
Ruthless Howl (Q):
Passive: Every 5 attacks, Ghraath's basic attack deals an additional 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 per attack damage) physical damage.

Active: Ghraath let's out a howl dealing 50/60/70/80/90 (+0.7 per ability power) magic damage, silencing all nearby enemies for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds. Up to the next 5 of Ghraath's basic attacks deal an additional 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 per attack damage). The bonus effect diminishes after 5 seconds.
Mana Cost: 75/100/125/150/175 Cooldown: 8/8/8/8/8 seconds Range: 400

Attachment 457147
Void Entrapment (W):
Ghraath blinks toward target location, leaving a cloud of darkness from his original location. As Ghraath reaches target location, he swings his blades in a radius around himself dealing 30/50/80/110/140 (+0.4 per attack damage) physical damage to any nearby enemies.
Mana Cost: 50/65/80/95/110 Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds Range: 660

Attachment 457148
Frenzied Bloodlust (E):
Ghraath gains 20% increased movement speed and attack speed for 3/5/7/9/11 seconds. If an enemy is hit by Ghraath in this state, the target is slowed by 7/12/17/22/27% for 1 second. (This affect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 6 seconds.)
Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Cooldown: 26/23/20/17/15 seconds Range: ---

Attachment 457149
Exiled Terror // Terror of the Void (R):
Ghraath bursts into a cloud of darkness, falling into the void, stealthing himself for 6/12/18 seconds and stunning all nearby enemies near the activation point for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds. While in stealth he is granted the ability to use 'Terror of the Void' once for the duration of his stealth.

Attachment 457150
Ghraath can activate the ability to break from his stealth and channel for a split second, emitting a terror of the void in a long cone in front of him that deals 150/250/350 (0.9 per attack damage) physical damage to all units hit. (Using the ability will break Ghraath's stealth).
Mana Cost: 150/175/200 Cooldown: 180/150/120 seconds Range: 500

*Please note that, like most other stealths in League, it can be broken early if the caster auto attacks.

Lore:
The Void is a place unlike no other. It is not our world, but one completely unlike our own. It is a place between dimensions home to the horrors and nightmares of Valoren. The Void calls out to those who seek knowledge, and Ghraath is one such victim of its immense power.

Ghraath was once a normal human. He lived out his live in a peaceful village of summoners, until his entire village and family were slaughtered by the haunting phantom, Nocturne. The horrid beast attacked his village one by one, in their dreams, catching them when they were hopeless. Driven by the love for his family, and his own selfish revenge, he sought the knowledge and power to defeat such a powerful creature. Through heartbreak and anger, he found himself answering to the realm of the Void. Stories and forbidden knowledge had led Ghraath to believe that seeking what the Void had to offer was the ideal choice to help aid him in his efforts. To his dismay, the Void and it's inhabitants had different plans for him.... The Voids power requires strong will and power to control yet Ghraath found his mind transfigured into something new and horrifying! The once human, Ghraath found his body change. His skin disintegrated and his mind fell into insanity. His once familiar features, scarred and disfigured into pure, concentrated evil.

Within his new form, Ghraath no longer deciphered solely revenge, but total dominance of the Void and to be seen as the true Darkness of the Void.
After many years of insanity and slaughter, the new-found evil now known as Ghraath, his power no longer restrained by the powers of the Void, was released upon Valoren. The great phantom Nocturne had been captured by the Summoners of the League of Legends, and was bound to this world, as a sense of torture. For Ghraath though, he required more as he willingly joined the League in exchange for a chance to show his dominance over Nocturne and to take his rightful place as true Darkness.

Possible Quotes:
"To seek true power, revenge is the quickest option. Darkness attacks the heartless and drives them with unimaginable power." - Ghraath

"Suffer as I have suffered and watch what TRUE darkness can do!" - Ghraath, in direct correlation to Nocturne.

Skin Ideas:
Default Skin:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...86511341_n.jpg
(Art made by HailTheNinja) * Rough copy

Armored Ghraath:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...36714624_n.jpg
(Art made by HailTheNinja) *Rough copy

Speech and Hotkeys:

*Ghraath speaks in a two pitched voice, one deep, and one high pitched and insane.

Upon Selection:
"I shall unleash TRUE terror!"

Movement:
"Of course."
"Darkness.. DARKNESS.."
"Nocturne cannot hide forever.."
"Watching me, are we, Summoner?"
"Come out, come out wherever you are.."

Attacking:
"Bleed! BLEED!"
"Feel the darkness seeping!"
"Taste fear..."
"SUFFER!"

Upon casting Ruthless Howl:
"Die!!!"
*Disturbing, high-pitched roar*

Upon casting Frenzied Bloodlust:
"Run and hide!"
"Run! You COWARDS!"

Upon activating Void Refuge:
"Back to the Shadows!"
"Too.. Much.. Damage.."
"Bask in Darkness!"

(Special) Upon killing Nocturne:
"I AM THE TRUE DARKNESS! NYEAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Taunt:
"GET OVER HERE! ...Or will I have to come to you!? Nyahaha!"

Joke:
"Oops... I voided again.."

Dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsH_bXlW90 at roughly 0:43 until 0:50.

Upon Death:
"No... NO!!"
*Bursts into a pillar of black smoke*

- - -

Like I said, I am open to any sort of ideas on balancing him, and such. So PLEASE leave your input.

And in payment for your feedback, please feel free to leave your OWN ideas, so that we can help each other.
- Gjom

Change Log:

May 5, 2012
- Ruthless Howl's passive change from 5/10/15/20/25 to 10/20/30/40/50.
- Ruthless Howl reworked so that there is a five hit cap on the additional damage after activation. Timer is still in effect.
(ie. For the next 5 seconds, Ghraath's basic attacks deal an additional 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 per attack damage).)
- Ruthless Howl's mana cost reworked from 75/100/125/150/175 to 55/85/115/145/175.
- Frenzied Bloodlust's trigger effect raised to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.

May 6, 2012
- Lore changed to make more sense, correlating with Nocturne's lore better.
- Base Movement Speed decreased from 341 to 315.

June 10, 2012
- Icons and pictures added for both the Recommended Items and the skill set. (Special thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN (hiveworkshop.com) for the icons.)

June 22, 2012
- Added Recommended Summoners to the concept.

HighTierMaster 04-02-2012 01:25 AM

The guy seems a bit weak, but I really don't know stats on these. What I'd like to point out are the insane amount of duration on his passive and E at higher levels.

GjommyFuFu 04-02-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTierMaster (Hozzászólás 22685727)
The guy seems a bit weak, but I really don't know stats on these. What I'd like to point out are the insane amount of duration on his passive and E at higher levels.

Weak in what regards? Because the amount of damage he can put out is actually quite substantial.
If you're talking HP, I wanted him to be on the squishier side, if he was too tanky, he would be basically be too over powered. Plus his passive helps him with his survivability.

The passive amount isn't as bad as it sounds, and the duration (if comparing to Blitzcrank's 10 seconds) didn't seem too bad to me.
I calculated the armor and MR he gets from his passive and it only gives him an additional (roughly) 56-57 armor. It's basically giving him a Negatron and Chain Vest for 7 seconds. (Bare in mind it's off his BASE attack damage. Not his full scaling.)

Horizøn 04-02-2012 12:39 PM

Bump, I really like this idea. You put alot of time and effort into this concept and I commend you for that. I don't really see anything wrong with this, but a friend of mine works on concepts for various things as a career, I'll have him take a look and give you some more constructive feedback. :D good work summoner.

GjommyFuFu 04-02-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizřn (Hozzászólás 22699360)
Bump, I really like this idea. You put alot of time and effort into this concept and I commend you for that. I don't really see anything wrong with this, but a friend of mine works on concepts for various things as a career, I'll have him take a look and give you some more constructive feedback. :D good work summoner.

Haha wow! Thanks. :D
I only spent two-three days on it, because I wanted to make sure that everything was fairly balanced. I'll admit there are some over powered aspects, but what champs don't? :P

Bloodsfury 04-02-2012 08:50 PM

If what im reading correctly it seems like he seems like a non tanky more burst cho gath, His Q seems like too much like cho gath's W just with a five hit extra damage. In my opinion I would rather see something like a slow+ bleed rather then a silence. After all one of his quotes is "BLEED, BLEED" Also his passive, it seems odd because if your a assassin ganky whatever, you need to be mobile, other wise your a mage. I think the passive could be something like a cloud that follows you that will increase your armor and what not ever so slightly, but add something like enemies who stand in the cloud cannot cast spells. That's just my two cents, I like the idea I really do. I can tell Cho'gath was a huge inspiration :P and for his special Notcturne already has one with graves, Whenever he kills a void character (Cho'gath, Malzahar, Kogmaw) he should say " I am the TRUE void, your just pathetic" hope it helps

GjommyFuFu 04-02-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplenuff (Hozzászólás 22715893)
If what im reading correctly it seems like he seems like a non tanky more burst cho gath, His Q seems like too much like cho gath's W just with a five hit extra damage. In my opinion I would rather see something like a slow+ bleed rather then a silence. After all one of his quotes is "BLEED, BLEED" Also his passive, it seems odd because if your a assassin ganky whatever, you need to be mobile, other wise your a mage. I think the passive could be something like a cloud that follows you that will increase your armor and what not ever so slightly, but add something like enemies who stand in the cloud cannot cast spells. That's just my two cents, I like the idea I really do. I can tell Cho'gath was a huge inspiration :P and for his special Notcturne already has one with graves, Whenever he kills a void character (Cho'gath, Malzahar, Kogmaw) he should say " I am the TRUE void, your just pathetic" hope it helps

Well see, his W is for the "Assassin" mobility. The Passive is just something that can give him more sustain in team fights that tend to drag on, as some times they do. It just gives him that boost when he gets a little lower.
I do like the bleed idea. I just added the silence, so it was kind of like Talon's E, but in a more offensive manner, and could hit multiple targets. The bleeding could definitely be worked in there.

Actually, you'd be surprised, but I never even THOUGHT of Cho'Gath. The only thought of him that passed through my mind was the fact that he was from the Void (And the Ghraath/Gath thing).

Also, the special chat thing would work as well. I would like to incorporate that, but I would like to keep the Nocturne one, seeing as his whole purpose of life is to destroy him. Haha

But thank you for your feedback.. I'll definitely be considering the bleed aspect and I will want the "Void interaction" with the speech.

GjommyFuFu 04-04-2012 05:26 PM

I see red. Dare I dream?

GjommyFuFu 04-05-2012 11:31 AM

Bump

Edit:
Simple content editing. (Some of the wording was a little off, so I fixed it.)

ColdSpyder 04-05-2012 05:23 PM

Really solid idea; I like how his stealth is his ultimate and only lasts a moderate time as opposed to Twitch or Eve who can use it every few seconds.
The mechanics are great, numbers seem good, but I'm not very good with the number scaling yet hehe.