League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   the maokai love thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1970368)

maxusmaximus 04-01-2012 02:46 AM

the maokai love thread

I've been playing a huge amount of him lately (I have lost only 1 of my last 15 games playing him) and i can't believe i dont see more of him. He is useful to just about any team comp and can easily take bot or top and still be useful. his versatility in team fights is huge and his ult, which is available for almost as long as u want and is up every 25 seconds, gives your team a huge 20% damage reduction!

i much prefer going top with him and build order is usually catalyst/roa/defensive boots/glacial/ health and other resists as needed.

who else loves playing him or having him on your team, show your love here!

AbsolutePK 04-01-2012 02:57 AM

Haven't played him yet, but have died to him a few times.

Stupid 20s cooldown ulti.

Huniz 04-01-2012 03:45 AM

I don't normally go bot, but when I do I choose Maokai.

CommodoreSkippy 04-01-2012 07:38 AM

Love this tree. He's the best bottom lane, in my extremely biased opinion. Usually, I'm there, but I've taken him top as well, either is just fine.

Catalyst to begin means I out sustain almost anybody. If they go for the health rune close and snare with W, pass them, then Q, then casually take the health rune instead.
Are they waist deep in your minions? Same deal, lock them into their range as long as possible and watch the little guys tick away the enemy health.

And don't even get me started on turret defense. Ult up and just dare the enemy to try and take it from you.

urmamasllama 04-01-2012 08:52 AM

I

AM

A

TREE

btw RoA tends to be kind of a trap because you have to rush it but maokai really needs to be tanking ASAP

i like to start with a prospectors than get tank stuff and later on ill get Rylais if the game goes long enough

Forestgreen02 04-01-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy (Hozzászólás 22654349)
Love this tree. He's the best bottom lane, in my extremely biased opinion. Usually, I'm there, but I've taken him top as well, either is just fine.

Catalyst to begin means I out sustain almost anybody. If they go for the health rune close and snare with W, pass them, then Q, then casually take the health rune instead.
Are they waist deep in your minions? Same deal, lock them into their range as long as possible and watch the little guys tick away the enemy health.

And don't even get me started on turret defense. Ult up and just dare the enemy to try and take it from you.

Just so you know Mantheon + Corki wrecks him. Yorick too I think, but I don't play broken-yorick so not 100% sure.

inFe eD 04-01-2012 09:05 AM

Meowkai es #1, throw acorns all day poke enemy team defend tower forever.

urmamasllama 04-01-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 (Hozzászólás 22656838)
Just so you know Mantheon + Corki wrecks him. Yorick too I think, but I don't play broken-yorick so not 100% sure.

on equal terms maokai is a standoff to yorick

they both sustain about the same

and i've kept this a secret for a while but mao has a cool trick to bust up pantheon

when he does his jump stun if you time your Q right it knocks him away and you don't get stunned or damaged that and he casts quite a bit giving mao passive procs

brainlizard 04-01-2012 09:39 AM

I play Mao often, but only top. Botlane has better options, imo.

CommodoreSkippy 04-01-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 (Hozzászólás 22656838)

I trash Yoricks and I fear no Pantheon. I don't see Corki that often, so I can't really say one way or the other.