League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=196905)

Karusan 08-05-2010 06:17 AM

Is Eve EVER getting a rework? I'm getting really frustrated at Riot.

Edit : 6/22/2011 : It's been over a year since I originally created this thread. I created it when I was annoyed at Riot for promising Eve changes, and making stealth in general more fun to play with and against for players. The roaming Meta made Eve absolutely hated in the game and turned her from queue-dodge tier after the jungler nerfs to OP overnight (again). Riot kneejerk reacted by completely obliterating her, and destroying a champ.

I am reviving this thread because I want everyone to see the empty promises Riot made over a year ago about fixing stealth and how we were told it's coming 'really really soon'.. last August.

Try to put aside the last few months where people abused the level 1 stun, and try to imagine it being your favorite champ getting destroyed completely. Imagine if Janna suddenly lost the knock-up component on her Tornado, or Soraka lost her Heal and it was simply a targeted armor buff. That's pretty much exactly what they did to Eve. With the empty promises they made way back when, and the fact they're STILL promising a stealth rework over a year later, can you blame me for not believing Riot has made any progress whatsoever?

All they'd really need to do in order to make her less frustrating is adding a way for you to see Twitch/Eve if you remain in a champ's direct line of sight for a second. like a frontal-facing Cone (like Annie's W). If you remain in the cone, you are visible and can be attacked until you leave the area. This gets rid of a lot of the frustration in having Eve camp outside your tower to stun you, and takes away a lot of her scouting, and puts in a more skillful mechanic of sneaking around to the back of champs to get the job done. If you want to chase down Eve, it's not as fruitless because you can keep her in your line of sight to stop her from going invis while you pound on her.

I'd really like a red to respond to this thread with their plans for the stealth rework, a concrete date, or I'd like my money back that I've spent on this champion and her skins. (Not a refund of my RP, I want my physical money back).

New Edit 12/16/2010 : I think Eve is now in a good place. I can pick her with (mostly) no trolls now that someone has finally proven her viability on the EU Server.

I knew Eve was awesome from the get-go and it's so amazing to see others finally see how powerful a champ she can be. Mostly just so I can say 'ha ha I was right all along!', lol.

Any remakes at this point will drastically change her to the point where she becomes not the Eve we all have started to love and have enjoyed playing since the very beginning.

Thanks for all the great discussion everyone's had and it's amazing to see how far she's come with a deceptively small buff a few months back.

I don't think she needs the remake anymore, but am still interested to see what Morello is planning for the stealth rework.

PewPewDed 08-05-2010 06:19 AM

tldr

mrdudefool 08-05-2010 06:19 AM

Uvladbro???

Fiolina 08-05-2010 06:26 AM

+1, curious about Evelynn as well. She's fun to play, even if she's not great.

Karusan 08-05-2010 06:42 AM

realgirl 08-05-2010 06:43 AM

Evelynn is not quite as bad as people think, she can solo the golem at level 1 and is a fairly competent anti-jungler. People just don't now how to use her.

Nikolapro 08-05-2010 06:47 AM

No.

Riot said that because she is pubstomping at low elo, she won't get buffed.

kyanos 08-05-2010 06:48 AM

the only change i'd want made to eve is to remove the fact she cant go stealth if she's taking damage... that sucks, twitch has an almost identical skill in effect and duration, he's a ranged champ and he's just as squishy. yet he can disappear in the middle of a fight if he wants to, despite the fact he's LESS likely to take damage while running away due to the fact he starts off at a distance

AntiHeadShot 08-05-2010 06:49 AM

TL;DR.

Evelynn is the equivalent to Night Hound/Stealth Assasin from HoN/DotA.

It's the stealth hero that newbs play and think it's good because they can stomp incompetent players who are to ignorant to buy detection which completely counters the hero.

Fiolina 08-05-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realgirl (Hozzászólás 2280672)
Evelynn is not quite as bad as people think, she can solo the golem at level 1 and is a fairly competent anti-jungler. People just don't now how to use her.

Evelynn is certainly not as bad as people like to say, but to say that she is without issues would be silly. She's definately a competent jungler/anti-jungler, and she is decent at ganks if the enemy doesn't ward/oracles.

However, she has some core issues.

Oracles and wards make her gank ability laughable, her ultimate is lackluster, giving her MS and AS (because she has awesome autoattack damage, right? It's useless unless you have Lichbane/Sheen.). Her Q is straight up terrible, with poor damage and poor ratios. Her passive is a joke. Ravage is a great move that completely overshadows her other moves.

Especially concerning is the ever-present stealth issue. Even if reworked to be a good champ, she would have a hard time ganking against competent players, while buffing her makes her a complete pubstomp.

Quite the problem.