League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best Rune Pages? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1883489)

Phreaky 03-03-2012 02:53 PM

Best Rune Pages?

Hi there I just hit level 20 where I can get the tier 3 runes.

I'm looking for help creating my rune pages for:

General AD carry

General AP carry

Jungler

I think I have AD carry down pretty good- flat AD marks and quints, armor yellows, flat mr blues

But for AP carry I'm not really sure what I should be doing... I know flat AP quints are best, but I'm not sure if I should do flat/scaling AP for the rest, or if I need armor/mr etc.

I know each jungler is different, but I'm kinda looking for a generic page that will work for most junglers. All I really know is that you need flat armor yellows.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

DerGregorian 03-03-2012 03:23 PM

AD = Marks and Quints or desolation, flat armor Seals and Glyphs with mr per level or CD reduction depending on who you're using.

AP = AP Quints, Magic pen Marks, Mana regen Seals and AP per level Glyphs or CD reduction.

Jungle = Most can get away with using the same AD page, Tanky junglers will want the mr per level Glyphs(Rammus, Malp, Mao)

defleppardruelz 03-03-2012 03:35 PM

most jungles use attack speed reds. and some use movement speed quints, but like the other guy said, you can jungle pretty much the same with the same ad carry page.

tricky trixter 04-17-2012 12:57 AM

i have to disagree with per/lvl mr glyphs, they dont start paying off til lvl 10
so its 13 flat or 13 at lvl 10 with 26 by 18, and no game is garunteed to 18

DarkenDragon 04-17-2012 06:32 AM

how I started off with is getting Armor pen marks, Magic pen marks, Hp regen per lvl seals, Mana regen per lvl seals, flat CDR glyphs. armor pen quints and magic pen quints.

if I were to make any changes now, I would go for armor seals, magic resistance per level glyphs, and HP quints

that should help start you off as you level and you can slowly modify them as you learn your champions

Ayestes 04-17-2012 11:00 AM

If I were to only have two pages, I'd probably go:

MagPen Marks / Armor Seals / MR Glyphs / MvS Quints
ArmPen Marks / Armor Seals / MR Glyphs / AD Quints

You could easily use the AD page for a jungler, leaving you a third page of which you can use to experiment for specific champions.

Crock3rs 04-17-2012 11:32 AM

For an AD Carry champion, you should try

Crit Chance Reds
Armor Yellows
MR/Mp5 Blues
Lifesteal Quints

When you get the lifesteal from quints, masteries, and a dorans blade, you get 8% crit, and 12% lifesteal. This is WITHOUT a vampiric septer, and can make your pokes and farm passively gain some serious bang for the buck.

Amaltron 04-17-2012 11:36 AM

General runes for an AD:

AD/Arpen marks
Armor/HP per lvl seals
Flat magic resist/magic resist per level/attack speed glyphs
Flat AD quints, armor pen quints, HP quints

General AP quints:
Mpen marks
Flat armor/mana per 5/hp per lvl seals
Flat magic resist/Magic resist per lvl/AP per lvl glyphs
Flat AP quints/Movespeed quints/ HP quints

That should be general enough.

R4dagash 04-18-2012 02:32 AM

I got very champ specific rune pages (17 by now) but because I play jungler most of our team's games I use mr/lvl very often. check my profile ingame^^ and also the ones of known players. if you are interested in some guides I'd recommend solomid.net

Aikimiller 04-18-2012 03:54 AM

Good, versatile runes to buy-

Armor yellows: these are good on pretty much everyone.
MS quints: again, good on just about everyone. Once you try them, you won't go back.

Reds: I'd get a set of flat AD, and a set of Magic Pen. You may want something more specific as you branch out further into different champions, but these two sets will cover the majority of champs.

Blues: I like MR/lvl- there is no champion that doesn't like a little extra base magic resistance, and so if you're on a budget, pick these up first. AP/lvl is also strong, but not as versatile, so I'd say get those as a secondary thing.