League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Smurfing - Should it be bannable? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1856462)

Newatdizbrah 02-24-2012 12:52 PM

Smurfing - Should it be bannable?

I have been playing a few games now as a low level player personally, and found these "Smurfs" as they call them increasingly numerous.
I have grown to hate them, namely because it turns out either one of two ways -
1) They dont care because its not their main and throw the game away and insult us for being new
2) They're on the enemy team with offensive names and RP bought champions and pave us calling us noobs.

Imo this should be bannable under harassment, namely because it is harassment of lower level players for their cheap laughs.

Example: Smurf buys Ezriel and his buddy goes sona, both 2k+ elo, and pave the entire match and afterwards call the enemy team noobs.
A) They insult people because they havent been playing awhile
B) they ruin a match for people just looking to play.

Personally i think smurfing should be bannable, its extremely rude and makes the leveling system extremely difficult for lower level players.

spsp 02-24-2012 01:41 PM

You know a lot more terms than I did when I was low so I assume your a smurf too haha

Fleshpenant 02-24-2012 01:44 PM

its ignorant of you to associate smurfing with that specific behaviour

MoneyJr 02-24-2012 02:12 PM

Ban smurfs? No. Ban any account that violates the Summoners Code? Yes.

I have a low level account that has MAYBE 15 games on it. I use it to play with friends who are new to the game - usually AI games.

TehJackAttack 02-24-2012 02:15 PM

Realistically, it's just not feasible. What about shared networks, like college campuses, etc? Or households with multiple gamers. Who determines who is a smurf?

This is the same reason that IP bans would never be feasible (in addition to the fact they are easy to get around).

ADGarner 02-24-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehJackAttack (Hozzászólás 21361013)
Realistically, it's just not feasible. What about shared networks, like college campuses, etc? Or households with multiple gamers. Who determines who is a smurf?

This is the same reason that IP bans would never be feasible (in addition to the fact they are easy to get around).

Yes it would actually be much easier and more feasible to simply charge $5 for a new account with the equivalent amount of riot points included. Even if it's only a one time fee of $5 people still have some thing to lose if they're jerks and get banned.

Skimaster282 02-24-2012 02:45 PM

You're looking at the bad smurfs, what about the ones that will actually HELP you? You know, maybe teach you a thing or two that you didn't know before, and maybe even carry you to a victory?

avenger214242 02-24-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newatdizbrah (Hozzászólás 21358267)
I have been playing a few games now as a low level player personally, and found these "Smurfs" as they call them increasingly numerous.
I have grown to hate them, namely because it turns out either one of two ways -
1) They dont care because its not their main and throw the game away and insult us for being new
2) They're on the enemy team with offensive names and RP bought champions and pave us calling us noobs.

Imo this should be bannable under harassment, namely because it is harassment of lower level players for their cheap laughs.

Example: Smurf buys Ezriel and his buddy goes sona, both 2k+ elo, and pave the entire match and afterwards call the enemy team noobs.
A) They insult people because they havent been playing awhile
B) they ruin a match for people just looking to play.

Personally i think smurfing should be bannable, its extremely rude and makes the leveling system extremely difficult for lower level players.

they should be banned for being mean, not being smurfs

PS: a 2k elo player never play EZ

YukiSnowFox 02-24-2012 05:24 PM

i dont think they should be banned :/ with the price of getting a full rune sheet, it's easier for us to make one account for playing, say, AP Mages and another account for playing AD champions, so we can buy the runes for just that on that particular account. I know some people can, but I know that I cannot afford to keep buying RP to buy runes for one account. All I can do is save up my IP for runes, but then I can't afford champions. It also helps friends with newcomers, because they wont be playing with people waaaay higher than level 1 (as the people you are matched with is usually closer to the highest person's level).

Also, that is all conduct that would get them banned, no matter what account they are on. It has nothing to do with if they are on smurf accounts or not, and making you have to pay to make a new account on a FREE game is completely idiotic. You shouldn't punish the masses for the misdeeds of a few. I've very rarely run into people on smurfs that act in this manner. I more often run into those who are on their mains that do this.

Bëst Kat NA 02-24-2012 08:42 PM

you dont need to be 2k elo to dominate low level games LOL and why ez he sucks -.-