League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Friends, teach me advanced Dominion strategy! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1850681)

Static Blue 02-22-2012 04:38 PM

Friends, teach me advanced Dominion strategy!

After a long break, I've come back to League to find that SR has entirely embraced a passive/conservative style of play, and I've decided I'm too dumb/impatient to make it into the upper brackets. I'm playing Dominion exclusively now, usually in solo queue, but with a premade team when I can.

What I'm wondering now, though, is how the metagame has shifted post-giant-Dominion-tournament, and what sorts of high-level strategies are being bandied around. When I left, 4 top/1 bot was still dominant, and that still seems to be the case, but I've heard exciting reports of AD/Support bot and 4-man roaming, among other ideas. Is it still Yorick/Kassadin's game? Is it still 3-and-hold, or is aggressive pressure on top/bottom after 3 gaining traction?

For reference, the usual approach my play-group takes is plain-template 4 top 1 bot. We tend to favor either tanks or tanky DPS to hold windmill and our bottom against superior numbers while also aggressively pushing minion waves, supported by 1-2 global ults on poke-capable mages and generally rounded out with some flavor of assassin for stormshield.

So, how has the metagame changed, and is there any obvious way for us to improve our strategy?

Palladine 02-22-2012 06:39 PM

My four-man LAN team does a three-top, one bot with one roamer strategy. The roamer runs around in the jungle, sometimes it's me on Poppy, gets the buff when it's up, and helps wherever it is needed.

The other reason we do this is that our team does blind-pick almost exclusively at 1500-1600 ELO, so there's a lot of Rammus/Twitch/Shaco with Boots of Mobility backdoor-mid shenanigans going on. If the enemy team starts doing this, our roamer's job becomes to go chase the backdooring champion if he goes to mid, while keeping an eye for a big gank heading bot, or four enemy champions going top.

This works pretty well for us, and it's also somewhat of a defensive measure against ganks on bot, since the roamer can hit a speed shrine and be down there pretty quickly.

Viktoree 02-22-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladine (Hozzászólás 21292527)
My four-man LAN team does a three-top, one bot with one roamer strategy. The roamer runs around in the jungle, sometimes it's me on Poppy, gets the buff when it's up, and helps wherever it is needed.

The other reason we do this is that our team does blind-pick almost exclusively at 1500-1600 ELO, so there's a lot of Rammus/Twitch/Shaco with Boots of Mobility backdoor-mid shenanigans going on. If the enemy team starts doing this, our roamer's job becomes to go chase the backdooring champion if he goes to mid, while keeping an eye for a big gank heading bot, or four enemy champions going top.

This works pretty well for us, and it's also somewhat of a defensive measure against ganks on bot, since the roamer can hit a speed shrine and be down there pretty quickly.

I love roaming with Irelia

RealWolf M 02-22-2012 07:35 PM

roaming doesn't work.

If you roam, they 4v1, kill you, then do whatever they want cause they have numbers advantage

Makestro 02-22-2012 07:39 PM

you have to be careful roaming because if the other team knows you're doing it they could come in and counter you. One thing you can try to do is setup jungle ganks, if you pick off a straggler or 2 that's 20 seconds they have to wait for a fair fight, and allows someone to go gank bot without any worries.

EDIT: by setup jungle ganks I mean as a 4 man group, not by yourself

Prometheius 02-22-2012 07:39 PM

If you're going to Roam, you kind of want all four top roaming in a pack, not alone.

Terror96 12-18-2012 10:04 PM

What about now? after 10 months have passes..... i did SR this last like... year.. any new meta for soloque?? ty in advance im currently 29/28 so u can see i really haven't played a lot of dominion :)

CheeseBlade 12-19-2012 10:12 AM

4T 1B is still the dominant strategy. A lot of backdooring goes on as well, eve seems to be the best at it. there are a lot of good top combos your team can employ. Jarvan+lux is something i have had success with recently.

Genericke 12-19-2012 10:53 AM

Take revive.

Gank bot. Ignore the whiny bot laner who tells you he's fine and doesn't want you help, gank it anyways. Gank it A LOT. Windmill might seem like the most important point, but in reality bot is where all of the fun is at.

naotasan 12-19-2012 10:53 AM

I think this was moved from GD...

Didn't we solve this issue?