League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1793757)

Draydan 02-06-2012 12:25 PM

What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

This thread is not QQ. Its a suggestion to discuss which champs arent reliable versus usual team comps of Dominion.

Anyway. I noticed that some champions have much worse win chance than others in Dominion.
Of course if player is good he can wtfpwn with any champ but its all about large numbers, not the exceptional games.
Its NOT about coordinated premades, its about SoloQ

I wanted to ask you - what champs do you see as bad in Dominion?
What champs do you ask you teammates not to lock?
What champs do you Qdodge if teammate locked them?

Champions that people mentioned so far:

Confirmed by most of comments:
Shen
considered weak on SR and doesnt have outstanding utility in Dominion. His tricks usually require coordinated team with him
Veigar
no time to farm Q, no dash, low cast ranges. Also weak vs ADs which are kings of Dom
Ashe
most of Ashes that I've seen cannot carry.Good Ashes had very good team, maybe it let them shine. Ashe lacks dashes and her only hard CC is better be saved for far point defence

Champions that work in good hands and with decent team (doubtful in BlindPick SoloQ):
Warwick
seen several good, seen alot of bad. Maybe healing reduction hurts WW too much. Also weak CC for 1v1.
Garen
strong champ but most of Garens do not carry their team to victory. Idk why, his Spin should shine on defence. His downside is that his shield has to be farmed to be fully functional.
Teemo
tho sometimes Teemo players pwn, more often they are below average. I suppose he has some specific optimal build, that is not widely known yet. I tried several build on Teemo but after ~1500 I failed most of time.
Some people say that On-hit\AP Teemo pwns in good hands. Well, stat says that most of players arent good.
Trundle
It seems that his kit lacks a bit here and there. Soft CC, 1 target debuffs and innate passive that is nerfed by Dominion.
But, as someone mentioned - TRUNDLE IS PERFECT COUNTER TO RAMMUS! :)
Lux
Personally I think that Lux is decent in Dom, with long-range AoE pokes and 2 CC. But people have different evaluations on her.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jars (Hozzászólás 20655624)
lux gets murdered by any champ with a lot of mobility. aka every champ on dominion. kassadin alone makes her non viable

Lets discuss this!
I do not call champs OP or UP, I just want to know what champions should be avoided in Dom. For now.

TL;DR Lets discuss Champions that arent good enough for SoloQ Dominion.

jars 02-06-2012 12:31 PM

teemo
veigar
lux

downvotes from people that can't handle the truth

Draydan 02-06-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jars (Hozzászólás 20655009)
teemo
veigar
lux

could you please post more about the reasons?

Also I've seen Lux being pretty much useful with those long-range skillshots

Bonabon 02-06-2012 12:43 PM

Shen.

DonkeyTheBard 02-06-2012 12:47 PM

Shen, Corki, Janna

these are 3 i`m trying to make worth playing in dom matched .

jars 02-06-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draydan (Hozzászólás 20655193)
could you please post more about the reasons?

Also I've seen Lux being pretty much useful with those long-range skillshots

everyone that plays teemo sucks even if he might be a good champ(he's not, since he adds very little to fights)
without the super carry factor veigar is basically a worse stunbot than annie, who isn't that great either.
lux gets murdered by any champ with a lot of mobility. aka every champ on dominion. kassadin alone makes her non viable

ActionButlerGO 02-06-2012 12:50 PM

With the possible exception of Shen (since he's just in a generally bad place altogether) I can't think of any champ who is completely useless on Dominion.

Ashe can perma-slow enemies at range and Hawkshot into the jungle to catch incoming teamfights ahead of time.

Teemo and Warwick are as good as the people playing them. I've seen lots of bad Teemo's, but I've also seen plenty who were able to make significant contributions to their team. Same with WW.

Garen is a basic tanky dps champ. He can take a beating and is great for teamfights on or near friendly points with his silence and his chasing ability.

tl;dr: The four OP mentions may be outclassed by other champs, but are, by no means, trash tier.

Draydan 02-06-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO (Hozzászólás 20655678)
With the possible exception of Shen (since he's just in a generally bad place altogether) I can't think of any champ who is completely useless on Dominion.

Ashe can perma-slow enemies at range and Hawkshot into the jungle to catch incoming teamfights ahead of time.

Teemo and Warwick are as good as the people playing them. I've seen lots of bad Teemo's, but I've also seen plenty who were able to make significant contributions to their team. Same with WW.

Garen is a basic tanky dps champ. He can take a beating and is great for teamfights on or near friendly points with his silence and his chasing ability.

tl;dr: The four OP mentions may be outclassed by other champs, but are, by no means, trash tier.

Well, its not just my opinion, how I already wrote. Its observations in 550+ games.

Ardailec 02-06-2012 12:58 PM

The champs you picked OP aren't bad, you just ran into bad players. The fact that you nominated Warwick just highlights this.

The current meta right now is TankyDPS/Attack Damage Casters are king. Who do they counter? Usually the squishier, but very powerful carries.

Veigar is in an unfortunate position because in order to be strong he needs to farm minions with his Q. Unlike Nasus who has a similar mechanic, he's as soft as a feather pillow. Also, unlike say Xereth, who also does not have an escape and is soft he has a much smaller range.

On the AD side we have a similar issue. What AD carry has no flash, dash, or passive movement speed? The answer is Ashe, Kog'maw and Twitch. Looking at those three however, Ashe is understandably the weakest due to Kog's range and Percent based damage and Twitch has his Stealth.

Finally, there is Mundo. Mundo...is in this weird place right now. In an era where Most if not all Bruisers have a form of gap-closer Mundo has his Cleaver and his Ultimate, which is nerfed due to the crystal aura. He cannot build straight damage or he'll just die, but he cannot build straight tank because He'll be ignored until everyone else is dead. And so far trying to hybridize with him hasn't really proven effect.

TL:DR, Veigar Ashe and Mundo due to power creep and unfriendly mechanics in Dom.

Draydan 02-06-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkeyTheBard (Hozzászólás 20655557)
Shen, Corki, Janna

these are 3 i`m trying to make worth playing in dom matched .

I had some success with Corki. He can put out significant damage and has nice ranged poke for defence\siege.

I've seen only a few Jannas but it seems that her Dominion potential is good. Her ulti is ideal for point fights.