League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumble in Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1765029)

lbgsloan 01-29-2012 07:58 PM

Rumble in Dominion

I was kind of looking at him since his animations are so fun, but I never see anyone use him on Dominion. Has anyone had success with him, or is his skillset just not that useful on Dominion?

BunnyMind 01-29-2012 08:34 PM

I don't think he's great for this map, personally.
He's not a good choice for bot lane because he can't really 1v1 anyone without a huge level/gold advantage and he's actually pretty awful at pushing considering flamespitter does 50% less damage to minions and requires him to stand still facing the enemy at close range making him easy to harass.

Otherwise, he doesn't really do a whole lot of damage without sacrificing the durability he needs to be able to not explode when he tries to use flamespitter. I can't really see anything he could do that couldn't be done by someone else better.

Fulgr1m 01-29-2012 08:42 PM

Got to agree with BunnyMind, in SR he's a great pick because he eats top lane champions souls. In CS while I do think his pushing potential is ok, he is much better going top due to how ridiculous the slow on his E is, and his ult can be devastating when trying to take and hold a point. Thing is though he's a very sustained damage dealer with in a game that more often than not sees 5 second skirmishes, and he has a very weak shield to try and sustain.

I feel that he can have a place in Dominion but right now I can't really figure it out lol

Sauron 01-29-2012 08:43 PM

I haven't seen him played effectively very often. I think its more of the fact that he's a bit farm-centered, that there's usually plenty of room to get out of his ult, and that he doesn't have good CC while being close-ranged. Surprisingly, Rumble does really well on Twisted Treeline.

I'm drawing a blank on the names of the few good Rumble players I've seen, though.

H├ękate 01-29-2012 08:44 PM

Maybe he could be a good tanky defender? *shrug*

Fulgr1m 01-29-2012 08:47 PM

Yeah certainly a good defender if you land your ult effectively. Easier said than done though lol. But don't underestimate the power of a 90% slow from him!

socillion 01-29-2012 08:57 PM

Rumble wrecks top on Dom, I'm not sure why nobody plays him.
His major strength is crazy aoe damage in team fights. There isn't much room to move around at Windmill, which usually lets you hit all 4 with your ult, often splitting their team.
He is also really good 1v1 vs anything but a built bruiser, and his kit lets him run away from anything. His shield gives him good mobility around the map as well as survivability (I level it 2nd, instead of the taser, because of the beefiness it gives him.)

It does take a while to learn to manage the heat mechanic.

My usual build is sorcs/mercs/tabi, haunting guise/hextech sweeper, rylais (giant belt first), and then some combination of deathcap/abyssal/thornmail/void staff/wota/more MR and armor.
I get the haunting guise so I can start with amp tome + ruby crystal instead of prospector's ring. WotA isn't really worth getting before deathcap.

MrShau 01-29-2012 09:26 PM

when I used rumble on bot (*pusher), people cries OP and nerf.

when I used rumble on top, people cries OP and nerf.

I have a fairly good success rate with him. The only way you can fail with Rumble is by not rushing Rylas but instead build woa (hp regen, life steal, spell vamp are weak on this mode) and go complete ap and not an off tank. The confusion of item build is kind of common since people mistaken dominion as classic, a lot. Then blames champion for not being viable, hur hur hur derp.

Panwar 01-29-2012 09:57 PM

I've had my ups and downs with him. I find it's best to go tanky.

You know who Rumble does mess with hardcore though is Rammus, and there are lot's of Rammus' in solo queue.

iProbie 01-29-2012 10:08 PM

I go ap tank on him with shurelya's for cdr and some team support
wota, abyssal, merc's/tabi, rabadon/rylai

the only downside I can think of with him is that he always overheats