League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Important Information Regarding IP Restrictions in Europe (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=17386)

Tecumseh 10-13-2009 08:35 AM

Important Information Regarding IP Restrictions in Europe

Hi all,

GOA has decided to channel access for players who are located in Europe to our dedicated servers and websites. There are several reasons for this decision:

• As with most multinational games, Riot and GOA hold publishing rights for different zones (respectively North America and Europe). GOA will be 100% focused on offering the best service for our region with full local support and events.
  • We have a commitment to bring a localized game and service to Europe in four languages supported by a large team. Goa is focused on ensuring that the European community has a strong voice to continue to help the game develop and evolve.
  • European servers will offer better latency for most players in Europe. This is particularly important for Southern and Eastern European players as well as others who also may occasionally have slower connections.

Please note that European players who already have an American account may still have, for a time, access to the American game platform. However, those players will not be able to purchase anything in the American game shop; neither with Influence Points or Riot Points.

All European players trying to register at the American League of Legends website or to access the American League of Legends website will be redirected towards their local European website, which will have the same content and level of information as the American website.

We are committed to offering you, our European players, an experience that’s tailored to your needs and expectations, and we believe that we’ll be able to do that more effectively through this route. We will deliver the highest quality of service, and look to you, our players, to provide us feedback on how we can make the European player experience and our localised services second-to-none, with unique events like the ongoing Rise of the Legends Beta Tournament.

GOA and Riot Games will of course continue to work closely in order to make LoL even better as we move into release and beyond.

Check out our forums for further details and discussion!

The GOA LoL Team

TwoFatNuts 10-13-2009 08:37 AM

oooo thats gonna make alotta people very angry....

prepare for the ****storm

Mjollnir 10-13-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecumseh (Hozzászólás 188717)
Hi all,

GOA has decided to channel access for players who are located in Europe to our dedicated servers and websites. There are several reasons for this decision:

• As with most multinational games, Riot and GOA hold publishing rights for different zones (respectively North America and Europe). GOA will be 100% focused on offering the best service for our region with full local support and events.
  • We have a commitment to bring a localized game and service to Europe in four languages supported by a large team. Goa is focused on ensuring that the European community has a strong voice to continue to help the game develop and evolve.
  • European servers will offer better latency for most players in Europe. This is particularly important for Southern and Eastern European players as well as others who also may occasionally have slower connections.

Please note that European players who already have an American account may still have, for a time, access to the American game platform. However, those players will not be able to purchase anything in the American game shop; neither with Influence Points or Riot Points.

All European players trying to register at the American League of Legends website or to access the American League of Legends website will be redirected towards their local European website, which will have the same content and level of information as the American website.

We are committed to offering you, our European players, an experience that’s tailored to your needs and expectations, and we believe that we’ll be able to do that more effectively through this route. We will deliver the highest quality of service, and look to you, our players, to provide us feedback on how we can make the European player experience and our localised services second-to-none, with unique events like the ongoing Rise of the Legends Beta Tournament.

GOA and Riot Games will of course continue to work closely in order to make LoL even better as we move into release and beyond.

Check out our forums for further details and discussion!

The GOA LoL Team

R.I.P Euro LoL.

Lomme 10-13-2009 08:43 AM

Too bad. This was such a great game. Guess I'm not playing.

HappyNihil 10-13-2009 08:43 AM

So, yes, I wasn´t paranoid at all.
**** you. This means that I wont be able to play with my US friends. Either Ill connect via VPNs or just go buy HoN.

To fellow europeans: learn to use proxies and VPNs and spoof NAT if neccessary. Google this or you wont be able to play on US servers anymore. Of course this wont be an issue for many, but its neccassary for those who want to stay.

Your worst move yet, Riot.

Tarion 10-13-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjollnir (Hozzászólás 188723)
R.I.P Euro LoL.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm unwilling to give GOA money based on past experience, so I guess I'm not going to be involved in LOL post-release.

Quote:

an experience that’s tailored to your... expectations
That's the worst thing you could possibly do, given that the majority of the players with any history with GOA expect slow patches, bugs, poor communication, outdated websites (For the lolz check out the final paragraph of their FAQ. Early 2009 you say? :/ ) and in short, an inferior experience.

I could understand this if you had managed to prove yourselves in the Beta, but as I understand it the issues I listed above are in the game already.

Couple that with the fact that I can't imagine anything worse than playing the game in 4 languages (I'm sorry, but in a team game, I'd hope for a single shared language. I can find that in the US servers, but not when playing with French/German/Third language (Spanish?) players)

EDIT: I would like to thank Riot for one of the most enjoyable Betas I've been in so far. I don't know how much more time I'm likely to have here, so I'm treating this as though at any point we're going to be kicked out and left to GOA.

HappyNihil 10-13-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryndamere (Hozzászólás 188757)
The matchmaking system on the European servers will matchmake you with people who have selected the same language as you when it's possible.

SO just to make it clear:

If I play on EU servers I wont be able to play with people playing on US servers, right?

Pendragon 10-13-2009 08:53 AM

The matchmaking system on the European servers will matchmake you with people who have selected the same language as you when it's possible.

Pendragon 10-13-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

If I play on EU servers I wont be able to play with people playing on US servers, right?
We will host international tournaments that allow players who are in different regions to compete with one-another. This is similar to how many MMOs (such as WoW) handles similar situations.

HappyNihil 10-13-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendragon (Hozzászólás 188762)
We will host international tournaments that allow players who are in different regions to compete with one-another.

So again to make it even clearer and actually get answer:
If I play on EU servers I wont be able to play normal (ranked or unranked or whatever every day games) with players on US servers, right?