League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tryndamere's recent nerf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1733132)

Mgshadows 01-20-2012 06:27 PM

Tryndamere's recent nerf

I love playing TT, it's so much easier to grab a 3v3 group of friends then a 5v5 group. I barely play SR. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard tryndamere was nerfed in the sejuani patch. I am thankful to riot for the nerf, but I personally think they took the wrong approach to him. He is a carry so his damage is suppose to be high, I think it's his utility that makes him so strong on TT.

-His E is imo his strongest ability on TT, because the map is so small so the only thing keeping trynd from ganking another lane are the walls in the jungle.

Of course if you over extend with a trynd on the other team, you deserve the E+W combo all the way back to base. But being able to go through walls with his E means sometimes just going past half way on bot lane means you won't be able to get away from trynd (Obviously excluding CC) simply because he gets to bot lane so fast from top that an mia isn't enough warning to save you. Because of this when I play champions with CC I usually have to save them in case trynd comes in for a quick gank because it only takes him maybe 3-4 seconds to get from top to bot lane and most CC have fairly long CDs.

I do not know how well trynd is on SR so I don't know how hard of a hit he'd take there if his E was nerfed to no longer go through walls. I do not think it would would impair him nearly as much on SR as it would on TT but again I can't know for sure.

I'd love to hear opinions about this idea, if you think it would be too big of a nerf on SR, or if you think it would balance him better for both maps. Maybe it's too big of a nerf even for TT, but I do think that it is the biggest reason he does as well as he does on that map just because of how the map is layed out.

Regenisis 01-20-2012 06:53 PM

Trynd

I definitely agree with this. I love playing on TT but when I do play against a Tryndamere, unless they end up playing poorly they just end up laying waste to everything and then surviving everything that's thrown at them. Most of the champions I play don't have much in the way of CC or at least enough CC to survive a Trynd attack and I end up having to save exhaust just to survive. It isn't the damage or fury that bothered me the most but the fact that he could just go through walls at will. One second he's on the opposite side of the map from me and the next he's practically on top of me. I really don't want to change the champions I play just to have to try and counter a Tryndamere that might not even be in the game.

Koldheartedjsp 01-20-2012 07:44 PM

maybe ward red or pay attention to the map. Its nobodies fault but your own that you didn't notice tryn disappear from the minimap and was ontop of you before you noticed

Mgshadows 01-20-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

maybe ward red or pay attention to the map. Its nobodies fault but your own that you didn't notice tryn disappear from the minimap and was ontop of you before you noticed
I didn't say he disappeared from minimap, I said he went from top to bot too fast for me to return to my turret. When I play TT I barely ever leave red unwarded.

Koldheartedjsp 01-20-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joiana (Hozzászólás 19988912)
I didn't say he disappeared from minimap, I said he went from top to bot too fast for me to return to my turret. When I play TT I barely ever leave red unwarded.

then you have bad reactions or you're pushing. If you're not pushing there is absolutely no reason he should be able to spin through the wall and instagieb bottom

Mgshadows 01-20-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

then you have bad reactions or you're pushing. If you're not pushing there is absolutely no reason he should be able to spin through the wall and instagieb bottom
You should read my original post more carefully, I said even just past half way down the lane, not overly pushing. And with his 4 sec slow all he needs is to get you at your side of the lane's jungle entry to get a kill on you, unless you're a tank. He's going to be a higher level than you because he's soloing top so getting the kill isn't hard for him to do.

Trynd and Master Yi are the only 2 champions that I have a problem getting away from if I've pushed past half way if I see them at red, but Yi only if he uses his ult, and the mia will give me plenty of time to get back before he even gets to red, unless he uses flash. So 2 fairly long CDs for a gank.

Koldheartedjsp 01-20-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joiana (Hozzászólás 19989130)
You should read my original post more carefully, I said even just past half way down the lane, not overly pushing. And with his 4 sec slow all he needs is to get you at your side of the lane's jungle entry to get a kill on you, unless you're a tank. He's going to be a higher level than you because he's soloing top so getting the kill isn't hard for him to do.

Trynd and Master Yi are the only 2 champions that I have a problem getting away from if I've pushed past half way if I see them at red, but Yi only if he uses his ult, and the mia will give me plenty of time to get back before he even gets to red, unless he uses flash. So 2 fairly long CDs for a gank.

then somethings wrong. Pushing passed their bottom brush to red is to extended. Also your top is having huge problems and clearly doesn't know how to handle tryndamere

Mgshadows 01-20-2012 08:58 PM

I didn't say pushing past their bottom brush to red, I said past halfway, thats anywhere past half way through the lane's brush. And yeah, sometimes we have games where our top can't handle trynd, sometimes we have games where our top can handle trynd, either way he'll have levels on bot lane unless he's completely retarded. And for trynd jumping to bot grabbing a kill and running back to top doesn't take that much time so as long as he's got minions around mid on top, he'll be fine regarding top lane.

Koldheartedjsp 01-21-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joiana (Hozzászólás 19990836)
I didn't say pushing past their bottom brush to red, I said past halfway, thats anywhere past half way through the lane's brush. And yeah, sometimes we have games where our top can't handle trynd, sometimes we have games where our top can handle trynd, either way he'll have levels on bot lane unless he's completely retarded. And for trynd jumping to bot grabbing a kill and running back to top doesn't take that much time so as long as he's got minions around mid on top, he'll be fine regarding top lane.

like i said, there's soemthing you and your team is doing wrong if he's able to do that

if you're so worried about him doing that face tryndamere yourself and keep him from doing it

Restiur1 01-21-2012 07:40 AM

Try nunu , his E its better than the slow from tryndamere and do more dmg like 500+ if you get good AP