League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "noob u can't go mid ad;troll;noob;******" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1707279)

xXCFXx Avenger 01-14-2012 09:55 AM

"noob u can't go mid ad;troll;noob;******"

why is this the response i get when i try to go mid lane Sivir. I don't understand why ppl are so crazy about following the meta, its rly not that hard to beat. i rarly lose mid with sivir (spell shield ftw) and when i do its because the enemy jungler is super fed/good. The current meta is not like God's gift to LoL its just what people are doing currently. So why are people so opposed to me going mid Sivir?

Nucleo 01-14-2012 10:05 AM

I'm sick of people blindly following the meta. I got chewed out because I banned Zilean instead of the usual Trynd/Rammus/Shaco/Morg/Kass/Lee Sin every **** game.

ANlMUS 01-14-2012 10:14 AM

I hear you. I run into players that can't think outside the meta-box nearly all the time. My lane partner and I frequently go Sona+Soraka bot with all offensive runes/masteries (both with mana manipulators for starting item) and we own our lane 9 times out of 10. God FORBID doing anything other than AD+Support.

Don't listen to the daddy-players in this game; play how you want to play.

Tauross 01-14-2012 01:10 PM

In normals thats great, do whatever, its normals. I go support shaco bot and win/loose but have fun.
In ranked its a different story.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its cuz people still have the Stigma attached to Sivir being bad.

Kyrie Friegraf 01-14-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tauross (Hozzászólás 19706843)
In normals thats great, do whatever, its normals. I go support shaco bot and win/loose but have fun.
In ranked its a different story.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its cuz people still have the Stigma attached to Sivir being bad.

Sivir's probably better in Ranked since there's always going to be an AP carry mid who harasses with like one spell.

Rg Toad 01-14-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister (Hozzászólás 19707858)
Sivir's probably better in Ranked since there's always going to be an AP carry mid who harasses with like one spell.

But it is the shortest from tower too tower, so they can escape easily and if you just push them to their tower, your getting set up for a gank your self, while he can easily farm under your tower. Etc etc I personally favor the old double caster Meta, but this one counters that one :(

Also the Meta is generally only stuck too in that you have the Tanky dps guy a jungler an AD carry, AP carry, and someone who doesn't need farm a.k.a. the support, all the time people will switch up and throw their support and AD carry top, or put a ryze vs a rumble, riven, Olaf, or gp, and some AD carries *can* go mid though I'm pretty sure that Sivir actually has a large weaknesses that a support sort of covers, her lack of a easy get away move, and she isn't defensive and lacks sustain.(that last part about Sivir herself is all based on paper junk I'm not even 80% about it, she may very well play out alright, or she might not man you can never be 100% sure.

SpaceToad 01-14-2012 03:41 PM

It was me

Quote:

Originally Posted by avenger2142 (Hozzászólás 19699809)
why is this the response i get when i try to go mid lane Sivir. I don't understand why ppl are so crazy about following the meta, its rly not that hard to beat. i rarly lose mid with sivir (spell shield ftw) and when i do its because the enemy jungler is super fed/good. The current meta is not like God's gift to LoL its just what people are doing currently. So why are people so opposed to me going mid Sivir?

I think it was me that said, Sivir is a bad choice for you to go mid. Even though we won that game, it still was a poor choice and the only reason we won was because we had 3 good players and they only had 2 good players(got to love low ELO). Why, is AD bad mid? Because your AP carries need levels more than gold and your AD carries need gold/items more than levels. So, you are hurting your AP carry even if you are doing well. Plus, you should be able to farm much much much better with a support in bot lane than alone in center lane. If you are who I remember, you played well, but your CS was pretty poor.

The meta is still king, because if two equal teams play each other and one plays the meta and the other team does not, the meta team will win without a doubt.

xXCFXx Avenger 01-14-2012 04:09 PM

i forgot to include that the only reason i do this is to have max carry potential to get me out of elo hell

jcJUAN 01-14-2012 04:27 PM

Dunno why someone could be mad for see a mid sivr on his team even now when she is nerfed she still have a good CC with Rycochet skill (Is not anymore a toggle skill T-T) and some champs could be great mid liners even if they dont seems mid liners Pantheon for example is an incredible mid liner and Ashe in mid line is so agresive you cant Farm with me as Ashe

Ronin ES 01-14-2012 04:31 PM

Really it comes down to optimization and unknowns. If someone doesn't know you or your ability to play sivir, they are going to want you to go bottom lane with a support and send an ap mid because that optimizes levels (most important for ap champs) and farm (most important for ad carries) for the 2 carries on the team. With that said, I have been outplayed mid by a few ad champs and sivir's kit in particular with spell shield fits well as a counter there. But, really the meta is the meta because it is optimal most of the time and when you are in solo q, most people are going to want the highest possible chance at victory.