League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Mid goes to the... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1680403)

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-06-2012 07:36 AM

Mid goes to the...

Fastest?
Slowest?

I've heard slowest often, but I'm not sure that makes as much sense; when I play Lee Sin, I run 1% MS from utility, 4.5% MS from Quints, and Ghost. I usually grab mid then rocket to top. Is this bad? Should I let slow guy grab it, knowing that he won't ever make it top in time to help us?

Edit: I do worry about not going top instantly, because too often my team doesn't know they can click the freakin' turret once to stall the cap.

IICrowII 01-06-2012 07:53 AM

Depends on your team comp. The key is that if your opponents' mid is faster than yours, you don't want to engage until your whole team is present. This also goes in your favor - if your mid is faster than the opponents' then you want the engagement to be mostly resolved before the slow poke arrives.

So, if your team can control space well enough to prevent the opponent from bullying you off the point and taking it while you're still not committing, then the little bit of extra initial point control you get (or that you deny from the opponent) for rushing mid with your fastest champ pays off. Otherwise putting the speedy guy mid and engaging once he arrives is best.

Ascleph 01-06-2012 07:57 AM

Mid belongs to the one that got the least to offer in the initial poke fest thats top.
It usually gets taken by the greedy ******* that thinks the gold is going to make a difference, while he lets top suffer from being handicapped by him.

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-06-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

The key is that if your opponents' mid is faster than yours, you don't want to engage until your whole team is present. This also goes in your favor - if your mid is faster than the opponents' then you want the engagement to be mostly resolved before the slow poke arrives.
The way I thought of it was that if the enemy team sent their fastest three, they have a 3v2 advantage to start. But your mid and slow third would arrive near the same time (before their slow mid), giving you a 4v3 advantage briefly. Playing normals, I'm beginning to think the 3v2 advantage the enemy receives from my staying to cap mid is too great. Perhaps I should rush top and begin poking in most cases - been playing Lee a lot, and his poke isn't bad. In premades, however, I might trust my top told hold 2v3 until it becomes a 4v3.

Quote:

It usually gets taken by the greedy ******* that thinks the gold is going to make a difference, while he lets top suffer from being handicapped by him.
I always thought of it as score hogging, but I suppose it works out the same.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH 01-06-2012 08:11 AM

Long term goals in mind: Mid goes to whoever needs the 100g the most.
Short term goals in mind: Mid goes to whoever is the least effective at poking in the 4v4 top fight or whoever can make the biggest entrance when they show up late to the 4v4 top.

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-06-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH (Hozzászólás 19384210)
Short term goals in mind: Mid goes to whoever is the least effective at poking in the 4v4 top fight or whoever can make the biggest entrance when they show up late to the 4v4 top.

Hmm, I'll keep this in mind. I used to think of it that way - "when I show up top, I'll be able to turn the tides."

Stimuz 01-06-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH (Hozzászólás 19384210)

Exactly. Everyone always says fastest should get it or slowest should get it but really what matters is who benefits the most from the gold and/or the level up before reaching top. If we're talking fastest vs slowest though I'd go with fastest since having someone with boots arrive late will allow them to pick off low HPers pretty easily then back out. Vayne with boots comes to mind, she always cleans up a couple kills coming in late, as does talon.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH 01-06-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi (Hozzászólás 19384601)
Hmm, I'll keep this in mind. I used to think of it that way - "when I show up top, I'll be able to turn the tides."

I bet you stopped after one too many games where you'd be on your way top and the windmill was already taken and lost, lol.

I guess if you don't trust your random teammates to correctly win or stall the top fight, you should send the fastest person mid, with the intention of making it 4v3 as quickly as possible.

Warrrrax 01-06-2012 09:54 AM

I'd say fastest. Nobody can cap top before a reasonable speed team arrives except for Rammus.

Therefore you want your guys to arrive in a Block, not a string bean approach. Every RTS you have ever played has taught you that formations always beat the string of dudes, and this is no different.

Hence if your fastest dude caps mid, he will be able to enter combat much much faster up top than if the slowest does it...which guarantees a 3v3 that quickly becomes a 4v3 when their midcapper joins the fight.

iamtehLoLrus 01-06-2012 10:05 AM

I always felt it should be whichever champ benefits most from entering a fight when others have their attention drawn. Assassins and similar champs who dont want to be focussed but want to pick on the weak. That way they enter in a situation most favorable to their skillset.