League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How do you build Yorick? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1679856)

Whi 01-06-2012 12:01 AM

How do you build Yorick?

1. Skill sequence
2. Summoners
3. Masteries
4. Runes
5. Items

And Is manamune required for yorick? I never ran out of mana without it.

brossef 01-06-2012 12:06 AM

i dont get manamune, i go spirit visage cooldown boots, triforce then defense items, best bot build ever.

RealWolf M 01-06-2012 12:13 AM

triforce, manamune, spirit visage, brutaliser, gunblade, odyns, frozen heart,

There are many solid choices for item paths on yorick, it all depends on HOW you want to play him. For example, triforce isn't very good if you don't land your Q very often, while gunblade isn't worth it if you don't need hte extra sustain but need tankiness instead

Whi 01-06-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealWolf M (Hozzászólás 19376804)
triforce, manamune, spirit visage, brutaliser, gunblade, odyns, frozen heart,

There are many solid choices for item paths on yorick, it all depends on HOW you want to play him. For example, triforce isn't very good if you don't land your Q very often, while gunblade isn't worth it if you don't need hte extra sustain but need tankiness instead

Do you max Q first? or E first?

larkhill 01-06-2012 12:24 AM

first off, im going to assume u go bot lane with yorick. he's not nearly as good top

1. R > E > W > Q

2. promote is a must. the 2nd is optional. exhaust/ignite are your best bet's. exhaust if ur worried about ganks or melee. ignite if ur worried about heavy sustain champs like mao, morgana or swain. he zones people out so well with his ghouls that flash is really unnecessary and he has his ult/E so heal is unnecessary.

3. i like 9/21/0 against aggressive comps. against a passive lane, i go 9/0/21 and simply out-sustain. 21 in offense is risky and leaves you VERY vulnerable early game, especially if ur new to yorick

4. defensive runes depending on who ur playing against. hp quints, a.pen reds are pretty standard. u simply survive long enough to get to lvl 6, where u basically win with constant harass and your ult making any 1v1 fight a victory in your favor

5. my usual build

kindelgem
spirit visage
boots (usually cd unless u go frozen heart)
phage
triforce or frozen mallet
thornmail/odyn's veil/frozen heart
sunfire

u never build a roa/manamune/archangels in dominion. by the time they charge up fully, the game is almost over. u'll lose mid game due to buying an item that still isnt charged. even if u rush it, u wont finish manamune til llike the 15th minute and games last only 20-25 minutes. from the 5-15 minute mark, ur basically forcing yourself to be behind and any good opponent will punish u for it.

RealWolf M 01-06-2012 12:33 AM

Don't listen to Larkhill, he is a dumbass.

SEriously, who would say "don't get manamune/archangels/roa in dominion.

I can list a number of champions on which they are decent items.

Yorick is one of them, he can easily charge a manamune to where its dmg/gold is ridiculously better than any alternative. Indeed, going tear first (if you can survive hte lane with that, depends on your opponent), into an early manamune->triforce->tanky leaves you with a large amount of damage output while being able to be very tanky thanks to being gold efficient.

As for skill order, it depends on the lane.

W if you feel the aoe is necessary. E if you desperately need sustain. Q is best, BUT Q is very dependent on the lane. If you can get close easily and land a Q, by maxing it you do a RIDICULOUS amount of damage. BUT if you can't land it, or you take too much harrass trying to, its not as valuable as the other 2.

Whichever option you choose stick with it though.

Masteries wise, never go 21 into utility, its just dumb. 9/21/0 is good, or my other favourite is 0/21/9 which gives you the runic mastery which is useful since your bot, gives you HUGE ms (which is one of the most important stats in Dominion, right up there with cdr), and lets you be nice and tanky.

But seriously, Larkhill, go learn to do mathematics, and then learn that those 3 items are SITUATIONALLY AWESOME. If you really want I can list a ton of heroes who can make good use of them

Whi 01-06-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larkhill (Hozzászólás 19377023)
first off, im going to assume u go bot lane with yorick. he's not nearly as good top

1. R > E > W > Q

2. promote is a must. the 2nd is optional. exhaust/ignite are your best bet's. exhaust if ur worried about ganks or melee. ignite if ur worried about heavy sustain champs like mao, morgana or swain. he zones people out so well with his ghouls that flash is really unnecessary and he has his ult/E so heal is unnecessary.

3. i like 9/21/0 against aggressive comps. against a passive lane, i go 9/0/21 and simply out-sustain. 21 in offense is risky and leaves you VERY vulnerable early game, especially if ur new to yorick

4. defensive runes depending on who ur playing against. hp quints, a.pen reds are pretty standard. u simply survive long enough to get to lvl 6, where u basically win with constant harass and your ult making any 1v1 fight a victory in your favor

5. my usual build

kindelgem
spirit visage
boots (usually cd unless u go frozen heart)
phage
triforce or frozen mallet
thornmail/odyn's veil/frozen heart
sunfire

u never build a roa/manamune/archangels in dominion. by the time they charge up fully, the game is almost over. u'll lose mid game due to buying an item that still isnt charged. even if u rush it, u wont finish manamune til llike the 15th minute and games last only 20-25 minutes. from the 5-15 minute mark, ur basically forcing yourself to be behind and any good opponent will punish u for it.

Can I ask you why you build kindelgem into?

So im guessing you are going for 350boots/kindelgem/some hp pots early game?

Whi 01-06-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealWolf M (Hozzászólás 19377209)
Don't listen to Larkhill, he is a dumbass.

SEriously, who would say "don't get manamune/archangels/roa in dominion.

I can list a number of champions on which they are decent items.

Yorick is one of them, he can easily charge a manamune to where its dmg/gold is ridiculously better than any alternative. Indeed, going tear first (if you can survive hte lane with that, depends on your opponent), into an early manamune->triforce->tanky leaves you with a large amount of damage output while being able to be very tanky thanks to being gold efficient.

As for skill order, it depends on the lane.

W if you feel the aoe is necessary. E if you desperately need sustain. Q is best, BUT Q is very dependent on the lane. If you can get close easily and land a Q, by maxing it you do a RIDICULOUS amount of damage. BUT if you can't land it, or you take too much harrass trying to, its not as valuable as the other 2.

Whichever option you choose stick with it though.

Masteries wise, never go 21 into utility, its just dumb. 9/21/0 is good, or my other favourite is 0/21/9 which gives you the runic mastery which is useful since your bot, gives you HUGE ms (which is one of the most important stats in Dominion, right up there with cdr), and lets you be nice and tanky.

But seriously, Larkhill, go learn to do mathematics, and then learn that those 3 items are SITUATIONALLY AWESOME. If you really want I can list a ton of heroes who can make good use of them

Im just curious if Manamune is worth its gold. Dominion gives mana recovery not max mana. Since manamune is based on its max mana, im not sure it's good or not.

larkhill 01-06-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whi (Hozzászólás 19377267)
Can I ask you why you build kindelgem into?

kindlegem builds into a spirit visage to maximize the sustain on your E

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whi (Hozzászólás 19377267)
So im guessing you are going for 350boots/kindelgem/some hp pots early game?

yes.

if im up against a bot lane that will outpush me early and control the health relic, i might get a mana pot as well and rely on my E to sustain hp.

MrS8N 01-06-2012 08:21 AM

This is my order.. I don't think I've lost a game doing this and I'm consistently at the top or 2nd place while never leaving bottom.

Tear, Boots, Visage, Merc Treads, Brutalizer, Sheen, Phage, Manamune, Triforce, whatever else I need..

I always start with Tear. Downvote if you will, but it lets you put a ton of pressure on the enemy, they will shortly have to double up and you will still push like crazy or hold them. This creates an advantage for your team at top. By the time Manamune is finished I have like 700 bonus mana.

Runes are my standard AD runes.. arpen reds and quints, cdr/lvl blue, flat armor yellow. Masteries (I think) are 24/6/0.

Skill order.. 2 in E, 1 in W, one in Q (mostly for speed but also minion popping), then max E then W then Q picking up R when I can. The combination of blind shot AOE slow W and big hit physical heal E is nasty and it keeps you out of range until you get good damage for Q. I usually end the game with around 300 AD.

Early Tear lets you push non-stop for 10 or 15 minutes.. right from the start. The way Yorick pounds spells out is kind of ridiculous. When you are at 2/3 mana the enemy on bottom is usually trying to hide behind the turret or dropping down to get the heal buff. Yorick delivers a serious beating on the bottom with Tear first.

See someone coming? W them, back off and E, then run.