League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ask Shyvana (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1659249)

Ask Shyvana 12-30-2011 12:15 PM

Ask Shyvana

Hello, Summoners.

It seems that some of my fellow champions have taken to opening advice threads for you all. Well, I have nothing but respect for the Crownguard family, especially its members who are in the Demacian military. But, if you ask me, Luxanna's social status really distances her from the trials and concerns of the everyday people. As for LeBlanc... the day we take advice from a Noxian aristocrat is the day we might as well just throw society out the window and degenerate into their social squalor.

So, I decided I could spare a few minutes from my day to answer any questions you Summoners may have. Feel free to ask whatever you want, though if it's about me, I trust you know better than to dig too personally into my life.

1Eredale 12-30-2011 12:45 PM

Greetings, miss Shyvana.

Since you rose the subject of everyday life in your own message, I would follow up on that and ask you - what is your everyday life while you aren't battling in the Fields of Justice? Where do you live, what do you eat, the places where a commoner may meet you? ...How do people react when seeing you? (That is in no way an offence, though I may have went slightly overboard with that.)

Sincerely, former summoner Eredale.

Ask Shyvana 12-30-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Eredale (Hozzászólás 19135358)
Greetings, miss Shyvana.

Since you rose the subject of everyday life in your own message, I would follow up on that and ask you - what is your everyday life while you aren't battling in the Fields of Justice? Where do you live, what do you eat, the places where a commoner may meet you? ...How do people react when seeing you? (That is in no way an offence, though I may have went slightly overboard with that.)

Sincerely, former summoner Eredale.

Hello, Eredale.

First of all, no need for the Miss. With what I do for a living, honorifics just feel wrong. Not that I'm complaining about it, mind you. Quite the opposite.

I have a small house in a neighborhood where many Demacian soldiers choose to live. I could afford more, but I'm rarely home. I spend most of my time in the barracks or on the training fields. I occasionally help train and tough up the new recruits, or just go through their drills to keep myself sharp. I also generally eat at the barracks. So, a commoner is most likely to find me there. The guards generally allow commoners in if they want to do a drill themselves. If you want to meet me there, be prepared to work for it.

But, I suppose you were curious about what I do when I'm doing things not related to the military. I frequent a diner near the market on the north end of the city center. It's as good a place as any to unwind, and the market is right there, if I need to buy anything. As a half-dragon, my diet is mostly meat, so if you're looking for me there, look around the stands selling red meats.

How people react... people tend to either be comforted or terrified by me. I get annoyed when people act scared of me, but for everyone's sake, I've learned to control my anger. It just boils down to whether or not people trust me. If they do, then they know that no petty thug is going to try anything when I'm around. If they don't... well, the tales people spread about the wrath of dragons don't help comfort those people when I'm around.

Since I joined the League, more people are approaching me. They usually just want autographs, or to tell me how 'awesome' something I did in a recent match was. Sometimes, they to ask about half-dragons. I can't say I always enjoy being disturbed when I'm trying to go about my day, but it's far less annoying than people crossing the street to avoid me.

Whyther 12-30-2011 02:45 PM

Shyvana, what other four champions would you most want on your team on the fields of justice?

Ask Shyvana 12-30-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goliathMoirail (Hozzászólás 19139957)
Shyvana, what other four champions would you most want on your team on the fields of justice?

Firstly, Prince Jarvan IV. We have fought many battles together, so we each know how the other will react in any situation. And, with all he has done for me, it's only right that I ensure that as little harm comes to him as possible on the fields of justice. If any Noxian tries to cross blades with him, I will unleash all my fury on them, without remorse.

Second, Garen Crownguard. There is no greater honor than fighting alongside the revered Might of Demacia. His bravery and courage in the face of the enemy is quite the sight to see, and makes him an invaluable ally. When a group of us has to hold the line, I know Garen will never be the weak link that breaks our vanguard.

Third, Luxanna Crownguard. My opening remarks probably seemed critical of the girl, but make no mistake. Even mages have to make it through basic training, and Luxanna keeps up with the best of them when it comes time for drills. Besides, on the Fields of Justice, you need more than brute strength to win. Luxanna's ability to bind someone down from a distance makes it easy for me to rush in and splatter the enemy's burning guts across the field.

Fourth, the barbarian Tryndamere. I realize Demacia hasn't had the best of relations with his people, but on the Fields of Justice, such issues are best put aside. I've seen his raw, unrelenting rage send even a grown Cho'gath run to cower behind his tower. How he uses his fury to go so far as to refuse death itself is something I can relate to. We have a similar style of attack - all in, without hesitation, without fear. Were I to be surrounded by a horde of enemies, given only one ally to fend them off with me, I know of few people who could do the job better.

Finally, Vayne. She is often too quiet for my liking, but her skill can't be denied. When I saw her condemn Shaco to our own tower, then put three bolts in his skull before he could pry himself off, I knew that she was a champion who could handle anything the League threw at her. From a tactical perspective, she has ranged weapons, and her ability to get in and out of a fight quickly makes it harder for ranged champions on the enemy team to 'shut me down', as you Summoners put it. I've seen enemies hold off their attacks at the mere sight of her. Anyone who can instill so much fear just by being in the fight is someone I want on my side. And if the enemy tries to call her on the fear she instills, she can back it up with a rain of bolts. Plus, even though she is too quiet, her style is one I can respect. Quick, direct, unrelenting death.

Anrel 12-30-2011 05:01 PM

Dear Shyvana,

I must say first and foremost it has been an honour summoning you to the fields of justice, your prowess and might fit the tactics I employ perfectly and with you as my chosen my champion, I rarely see a loss! I'm keen to see your mind is just as strong as your presence on the battlefield and as beautiful as your features.

So my problem is thus, I have been saving my earnings for quite some time now, and it's come that I must make a choice. I have three options in mind to put this money toward, one is for convience, another is to improve myself and the third is for pleasure. The choices are learning how to drive the famous hex-tech conveyance, this will help in day to day life and make things a lot easier, the other is to learn piano, something I've wanted to do for sometime, since I find it a beautiful instrument, there would probably be little gain out of this however. The third is of course to spend all the money on a long holiday, possibly visit some friends abroad. What would you pick, given the choice?

I look forward to any advice you are willing to give,

Many thanks

Summoner Anrel

Samiam22 12-30-2011 05:04 PM

Dear Shyvana

Why exactly do you wear those dragon things on your hands? What purpose do they achieve?

Summoner Abyss 12-30-2011 05:07 PM

Dear Shyvana,
I'm a big fan of your work being a fellow Demacian, and as such being a summoner I tend to summon you or your comrades every possible chance.

My question is i notice you have a nice array of armor you wear for fighting, What one is your favorite, and are they enchanted so that you can change and not ruin your armor?

Ask Shyvana 12-30-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anrel (Hozzászólás 19145671)
Dear Shyvana,

I must say first and foremost it has been an honour summoning you to the fields of justice, your prowess and might fit the tactics I employ perfectly and with you as my chosen my champion, I rarely see a loss! I'm keen to see your mind is just as strong as your presence on the battlefield and as beautiful as your features.

So my problem is thus, I have been saving my earnings for quite some time now, and it's come that I must make a choice. I have three options in mind to put this money toward, one is for convience, another is to improve myself and the third is for pleasure. The choices are learning how to drive the famous hex-tech conveyance, this will help in day to day life and make things a lot easier, the other is to learn piano, something I've wanted to do for sometime, since I find it a beautiful instrument, there would probably be little gain out of this however. The third is of course to spend all the money on a long holiday, possibly visit some friends abroad. What would you pick, given the choice?

I look forward to any advice you are willing to give,

Many thanks

Summoner Anrel

Hello, Anrel.

I'm glad I merge well with your style. It's infuriating when a Summoner who doesn't like a relentless attack strategy tries to make use of my skills. Thankfully, now that I've been a member of the League for a while, most Summoners know what I'm all about, and don't try summoning me if they prefer a more passive strategy.

I would choose improving myself. If you saved all that money, you shouldn't waste it. Memories are nice to have, but skills are far more valuable. Now, I hate laziness, but learning to drive the conveyance is a skill itself. I wouldn't utilize the conveyance, but any skill is a skill worth having.

On the other hand, I'm no musician, and with Sona being the only musician I know, I can't exactly talk to anyone who can educate me on the subject. But, as far as I know, learning to play an instrument makes you more talented in just about every other area of life.

So, between the choice of learning a tangible skill, or learning an artistic skill that could also improve you in more useful areas... I'd choose the instrument. The conveyance option is just too lazy for my liking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samiam22 (Hozzászólás 19145785)
Dear Shyvana

Why exactly do you wear those dragon things on your hands? What purpose do they achieve?

Hello, Samiam.

The 'dragon things' are gauntlets. You'll notice both of the are lined with razor sharp teeth. As a half-dragon, I have sharp claws, but they're nothing compared to a fistful of steel. One swipe with these, and I'll show the world everything you had to eat that day.

Since I'm sure you'll ask where I got them, they were a gift from Jarvan IV. He had them commissioned for me when I joined the Demacian military. Many people and dragons alike want me dead for what I am. He gave them to me to encourage me to not try to hide what I am, but to embrace it, and use it to strike fear in the hearts of anyone who'd have me dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summoner Abyss (Hozzászólás 19145853)
Dear Shyvana,
I'm a big fan of your work being a fellow Demacian, and as such being a summoner I tend to summon you or your comrades every possible chance.

My question is i notice you have a nice array of armor you wear for fighting, What one is your favorite, and are they enchanted so that you can change and not ruin your armor?

Hello, Abyss. Nice name, I must say. Intimidating.

Good, I'm glad you prefer to summon Demacians. “Victory for our allies, defeat for our enemies, and justice for all.”

My favorite armor depends on my mood. The one you Summoners refer to as 'classic' is an armor that proudly pays tribute to who and what I am. 'Ironscale' is an armor I wear when maintaining the most human shape I can take, so it's what I use when I'd prefer to show that, though I am a half-dragon, my loyalty lies with humanity and Demacia. 'Boneclaw' is a primal armor, one that I use for intimidation. It's the opposite of Ironscale - it's what I use when I want my enemies to know exactly what I am, what my father was, and what happens to anyone who dares cross blades with me.

They are indeed enchanted. When half-dragons shapeshift, only the tightest fitting clothes can survive the transformation. In dragon form, it becomes enveloped in our bodies. Loose, or thick, clothing is shredded. Since armor is thick, it would be destroyed if I tried to shapeshift while wearing it. So, Jarvan IV commissioned the College of Magic to enchant my armors and gauntlets, allowing them to grow with my form.

Jaykoboy 12-30-2011 07:22 PM

Chartreuse?