League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   defensive stats on dominion feel worthless! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1643701)

Zmorax 12-26-2011 11:17 AM

defensive stats on dominion feel worthless!

I kept trying to build a tank in dominion and even if i bought exclusivly tank items, tons of hp + armor + mr. I was dieying extreamly fast fighting someone 1v1 was very agrevating when istack defensive stats and still die in 5-10 seconds.

It so poorly design when the only option is glass cannons on every single character. The only thing thast seemed to make a difference was geting as much hp as possible.

Aria Sachou 12-26-2011 11:26 AM

Not really,
I got one Chain mail vs gangplank and an AD kog'maw.
Before I would get ripped by them
then after i got the chainmail I managed to kill them scoring a double kill
(I was On-hit AS kog'maw)

Talamare 12-26-2011 11:37 AM

Thornmail

FDru 12-26-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talamare (Hozzászólás 18961246)
Thornmail

Last whisper + runes + one other armor pen item = you now have a useless 20 armor item.

Pig Magus 12-26-2011 12:06 PM

HP is the most important defensive stat on dom. You also want items that increase damage so that you can win 1v1s.

My recommended defensive items are
Frozen Mallet
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Sunfire Cape (vs a lot of melee)
Force of Nature (after you already have tons of HP)
Abyssal Scepter
Rod of Ages

Melvear 12-26-2011 12:28 PM

building pure tank will get you killed except maybe on Rammus and Malphite, but even they would need some offence in their build. It's great that you can last a while but if you deal no damage, you're not going anywhere.

WaterD103 12-26-2011 12:31 PM

Like it or not, You die equally fast in SR even if you go full tank. Last whisper and Void staff are there too and shred your defensive stats equally well. Chars like Tristana and Kog will kill any target in a few blows regardless of your defensive stats.

gnmish 12-26-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterD103 (Hozzászólás 18962780)
Like it or not, You die equally fast in SR even if you go full tank. Last whisper and Void staff are there too and shred your defensive stats equally well. Chars like Tristana and Kog will kill any target in a few blows regardless of your defensive stats.

Actually you die a hell of a lot faster in Dominion, especially from physical damage.

Remember CS aura provides ALOT of armor pen (15% if memory serves) and 5% mPen.

Due to this, stacking HP has become the only really reliable way of building tank on Dominion, which is why they removed Warmogs, it was too good.

Yes Thornmail can do some decent damage return, but other than that you immediately lose 15 armor off its base stats as soon as you buy it and it does nothing else, I personally think a hugely overlooked item on Dominion is Warden's/Randiuns, it'll reduce your damage from auto attacking champs by 35% by passively CCing your attackers, and no armor pen item can change that fact. A brilliant tank item.

Hobocop 12-26-2011 03:06 PM

Frozen Heart still ends up being very strong because of the CDR and attack speed reduction aura, and Randuin's is fairly beast as well.

BunnyMind 12-26-2011 03:42 PM

It's a mere 5%/12% increase (which stacks multiplicatively, not additively) over what you can already get in Classic. Sure, AR/MR aren't as effective on Dominion, but saying they're ineffective is just plain silly.