League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Xin Zhao - The correct pronunciation (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=160600)

Mineomancer 07-10-2010 01:21 PM

Xin Zhao - The correct pronunciation

Ok, so I've confirmed the correct pronunciation of Xin Zhao for anyone that is interested - since I've seen so many horrible mispronunciations floating around. I asked my Chinese girlfriend.

Its Shin ("x" in Chinese is pronounced "sh") Jao ("zh" in Chinese is pronounced "j" while the "ao" is pronounced "ow" like "Ow, why did you poke me with your spear?")

So, Xin Zhao = Shin Jao

On a side note, really looking forward to what this champion has to offer.

Best!

-Mordekai

Edit* Should probably be in the General forum, my apologies!

Kadanuumuu 07-10-2010 01:23 PM

Shin Jao really fail at coolness.

ilovetolmao 07-10-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadanuumuu (Hozzászólás 1904235)
Shin Jao really fail at coolness.

That's not the proper way of spelling it. Xin Zhao is "hanyu pinyin" which is spelling it out with english characters. It doesn't work well if you don't know how to properly pronounce it though, because it's still a little different from the way you would actually spell the sound out.

Actually it doesn't have tone symbols, so i'm not sure if its called hanyu pinyin, but its spelled the hanyu pinyin way.

Chaoticon 07-10-2010 02:55 PM

Coool....or you could go to the spotlight thread and it says the correct way to pronounce it. Nice try on your Chinese girlfriend though.

Matuk 07-10-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mineomancer (Hozzászólás 1904220)
Ok, so I've confirmed the correct pronunciation of Xin Zhao for anyone that is interested - since I've seen so many horrible mispronunciations floating around. I asked my Chinese girlfriend.

Its Shin ("x" in Chinese is pronounced "sh") Jao ("zh" in Chinese is pronounced "j" while the "ao" is pronounced "ow" like "Ow, why did you poke me with your spear?")

So, Xin Zhao = Shin Jao

On a side note, really looking forward to what this champion has to offer.

Best!

-Mordekai

Edit* Should probably be in the General forum, my apologies!

While this is correct, all you need to do is look at the Champion Spotlight that Phreak put up. They seem to pronounce it "Sin Jao"
While this doesn't quite match Chinese pronunciation, we must also remember that this champion is their creation. O.o

Brussel Sprout 07-10-2010 05:31 PM

I'll be calling him china man.

nj ********

lool, if i don't put a space in between it censors me, wtf?!?

LordEdge19 07-10-2010 05:54 PM

Unfortunatly, he's from Runeterra and not china, and his creator decided that his name is prononced Sin Jow, thus his name is prononced Sin Jow.

Elyselle 07-10-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEdge19 (Hozzászólás 1907110)
Unfortunatly, he's from Runeterra and not Japan, and his creator decided that his name is prononced Sin Jow, thus his name is prononced Sin Jow.

Stop trolling

Out Played 07-10-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elyselle (Hozzászólás 1907177)
Stop trolling

No, YOU best be trollin.

Vaanelo 07-10-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brussel Sprout (Hozzászólás 1906870)
I'll be calling him china man.

nj ********

lool, if i don't put a space in between it censors me, wtf?!?

cause it's racist word. same as calling blacks ******s.