League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   i think i've found a 'main' for bot--cassi (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1583732)

ricklessabandon 12-10-2011 10:11 PM

i think i've found a 'main' for bot--cassi

i've been playing around with different champs for a little while and i think cassi might be my new favorite (sorry maokai).

she seems well-rounded enough, but i was wondering if she has any bad matchups in bot that i need to watch out for. also, i'd be curious to know how commonly she's banned (if ever). does anyone play her very regularly that can comment?

TokinPrez 12-10-2011 10:15 PM

I rarely ever see Cass banned so your safe there at least for now...

Ran scrims with dominate dominion today and Cass was picked. I have to say she is really powerful overall and is capable top and bot. She pushes hard, strong damage and is not hit by cool down problems that plagues some other mages. Once she does hold a point she can burrow on there like a boss.

Is she the best bot champ? I doubt it but I think she is more then capable. I really would like to see more of her to be able to judge her abilities further.

Zazaku 12-10-2011 10:18 PM

I've never seen the match up but cait might just force her back easily. I'm a nub though with no exp on cass not exactly sure how great she is.

Chavez Obama 12-10-2011 10:18 PM

She is vulnerable to ganks and fast melee characters who can bum rush her. She does beat out lots of the common bots though, such as yorick, heimer and ryze.

T3kn0man 12-10-2011 10:18 PM

A few Casses I have seen have been amazing. In a map where denying is hard to do she can do it. Everyone that is smart knows that poison = bad as she will just tear you apart. And as mentioned once she has a spot she will hold it for a long time.

I think properly played she can contend with most bottoms but the problem she will face is that when ganks happen she will die. Build some decent defenses though and she will be tough enough.

mufins 12-10-2011 10:19 PM

Being one of the best if not the best mid laners in SR, her bot lane presence is pretty incredible. she can out push most champions and her harass has good range with short CD's. the only problem with her is the same I have with malz which is she doesn't have an escape. if you push bot lane too far, and a talon comes down to gank, you're pretty much guaranteed to die and lose bot tower. So I would say she's really good if not unstoppable until you play against a team that knows how to punish bot lane pushers that get too greedy.

Gragas would be a better choice imo. im sure nekro can you tell you all about him :b

IMSOJUICY 12-10-2011 10:25 PM

1v1 bot, it makes sense cass should be strong in dom. she is one of the strongest laners in SR after all.

ganks are a concern though due to her squishiness, since there's no ward coverage possible in Dom.

IS1429332aa9b633 12-10-2011 10:28 PM

She completely shutdowns Yorick.

Scrubsicle 12-10-2011 10:29 PM

I find Cass easy to deal with when I play either Jarvan or Maokai bot.

Jarvan is a tanky dps, so I can literally combo up to her and auto attack her to death before she can even do any significant damage.

Maokai's passive works wonders against her because of her constant spell spam. If you have any MR at all, you can just stand in the poison all day and heal yourself back with auto attacks.

ricklessabandon 12-10-2011 10:30 PM

yeah, i know she's good and that she's vulnerable to ganks (learned the hard way on that one...) but i was more curious about matchups against other bot champs. like, if she struggles against ryze for example, and if so what is the counter-play in those cases.

i've been eating heimer up so far--i just wish i saw other champs in bot so i could practice against them. :\