League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   League of Legends Counter Pick List (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1573266)

BFG 12-08-2011 12:40 AM

League of Legends Counter Pick List

Hey guys, bumping and editing an old post here; I've been keeping this list up to date for just about a year now and have had a lot of positive support come back from the community. If you're looking to gain an edge in Draft Mode/Ranked Queue check out this Counter List! I update very frequently and leave my email address on the page for any suggestions. It is by no means a perfect list, and by choosing these champions does not guarantee wins; however, I have put a lot of time into it and it really means a lot for me to be able to contribute to the community in such a way. My elo has gone up and down throughout this season but I have always been very good at strategy and theory-crafting. I really just want to thank the community as a whole for supporting me and this list this whole time, and I look forward to continuously assisting and pleasing you folks in the future.

Enjoy Summoners!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...oUVZLM1E#gid=0

LancerXXX 12-08-2011 01:16 AM

Maokai: Morgana. BV, Hexdrinker, MR.
The ****??? Maokai's counter is Heimerdinger, or Swain. That is the counter to anyone who needs to get in close. And building MR against a tank? Seriously o.O

Janna: Kassadin, Akali. Gap-closer. BV.
The ****??? Why no Sivir? Why no boots? Why no Nocturne?

Someone has never played Karma before. How about any AD carry? Seriously, if you have any knowledge of Karma, no matter who they are, Karma > Melee. Hourglass? Really? Karma virtually does sustained damage, and is a pseudo-support. And you suggest an HOURGLASS???

Rumble: Gangplank, Nasus, Tryndamere. BV, Hexdrinker, MR.
You gotta be trollin' me, bro... That sounds like a list of champions that Rumble gets fed from. And BV, against a champion whose primary source of damage is a conal non-debuff DoT. And whose instant damage skill can be shot twice.

Karthus: Soraka, Morgana, Nocturne. BV, Hexdrinker, MR.
Umm... yeah. Another case of 'I know nothing about this champion so I will put random stuff here'. Soraka only counters his ultimate, and only in the first few levels. Morgana... does not counter him at all. Nocturne... now that's just becoming stupid. Why no Gragas? Why no Janna? Why no Tristana? Why no Ezreal? Why no Gangplank? The main threat of Karthus is not his horrible singing, but when he walks/Flashes right into your team with no fear of death, causing death and destruction around him, finishing it off by singing. By that point, Soraka will be too dead to pray against his terrible 550 + 0.6 AP song. Get rid of him, or poke him to death outside the teamfight, and GG.

That's all I can see right now, although there are probably many more problems.

BFG 12-08-2011 01:30 AM

haven't messed with it much besides add new champions, i appreciate feedback but this list wasn't mine originally.. many changes to come.

overall it's pretty solid though

DamnDirtyCat 12-08-2011 03:23 AM

Bump, this list is especially great for players new to Draft mode!

BFG 12-08-2011 10:38 AM

Bumpiddy bump, I always have the list up when I'm in champion select, and try to inform my team of good counters to champions the opponents choose.

julianjuvenile 12-08-2011 11:54 AM

just one comment: morgana does not counter kassadin effectively. i almost always outlane her as kass. that b*tch caitlyn is the #1 counter, then malzahar because he can farm and leave until he can kill you with his suppressive ult

ExecutionerKen 12-08-2011 12:29 PM

Mostly right but have serious problem.

For example, Kass should be the #1 counter against basically all mage,

Cait doesn't counter Wukong effective enough.

Morg doesn't have enough burst to take sion's shield down.

Hell, you put morg at #1 too much.

Cursed Reality 12-08-2011 12:39 PM

Solid guide, thanks.
Hopefully, you will be keeping it up to date.

BFG 12-08-2011 02:02 PM

change

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianjuvenile (Hozzászólás 18200290)
just one comment: morgana does not counter kassadin effectively. i almost always outlane her as kass. that b*tch caitlyn is the #1 counter, then malzahar because he can farm and leave until he can kill you with his suppressive ult

I fixed that, and added a note that ranged ad champs w/ cc are effective counters to kassadin

BFG 12-08-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursed Reality (Hozzászólás 18202012)
Solid guide, thanks.
Hopefully, you will be keeping it up to date.

I plan to keep it as up to date as possible :)