League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jungle Poppy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=150958)

malphismia 06-30-2010 11:07 AM

Jungle Poppy

If you are considering trying this guide out, here are the pros/cons of jungling and poppy in general:

PROS:
-Q is %health + attack damage + bonus damage, takes down golem very easily
-Poppy's passive negates some of Golem/Lizard/Dragon's attacks
-very good ganker, jungling opens up ganking to all 3 lanes
-once you hit level 6, you can towerdive any lane with R ult
-2 solo lanes + jungler = faster experience gain for whole team

CONS:
-smite is required
-solo queue teams have people that can't handle 1v2 lanes
-fragile early game, need full tier 3 runebook to jungle with ease

Summoner Spells

Smite + Flash/Ghost

Runes

Marks: Attack Speed
Seals: Armor
Glyphs: Flat Mana
Quints: Flat HP

Masteries

Very important to stick to this build. It is not the orthodox build, but you will learn it is the better mastery build.

0/16/14 Highlights:
AR/MR masteries, Strength of spirit, 1 in Harden skin, 2 in Defensive mastery, Veteran scars
Improved Ghost, 4 in Awareness, 1 in Greed, 1 in Meditation, 2 in Utility Mastery (30% longer jungle buffs)

Utility Mastery is necessary, since jungle buffs last roughly 2.5 minutes and golem/lizard respawn every ~5 minutes, you can have the buff as much as possible.

Jungle Rotation

Fastest way to finish dragon:

Red pot + 5 HP pots

Start at Golem. Use smite (unless there are MIAs). Use (Q). Use Red/Fort Pot after 200 damage taken (Use it as a heal). Use an HP pot. Finish off Camp. Level 2.

Put second point into (E).

Move to Lizard. Use (E) to stun against wall. Use (Q) whenever available, and keep stunning against wall with (E). Use Hp pot. Finish off camp.

Move to smaller Golems. Smite is off cooldown. Use Smite. Use (Q) and (E) combo, remembering to stun against the wall of the camp. Level 3.

Recall. Buy Cloth Armor + HP pots.

Run to dragon. Stun against wall (Most important part of the process, prevents you from taking damage and dying). Poppy's passive allows you to actually negate some of dragon's attacks.

Use (Q) and (E) Combo, and Smite will come off cooldown mid-way. Kill Dragon at around 5:10 minutes.

Gank with the 2 jungle buffs and Red pot with time to spare.

Normal Jungle Gameplay

Buy Cloth Armor + 5 HP pots.

Start at Golem camp (or alternatively 2 smaller golems camp will give you level 2 and avoid all early ganks). Use Smite. Use (Q) each time it comes off CD. Use HP pot whenever possible.

Level up (Make sure you have Awareness mastery). Get (E) as second skill. Hp pot.

Go to smaller wolves camp (beside Golem). Finish off camp. Remember to use (E) to stun creeps against wall. Hp pot.

Smite is off cooldown. Go to Wraithes. Tell your mid to move away. Smite the blue one. Use (Q) + (E) combo. Finish camp. HP pot.

Go to Lizard. If you haven't leveled up yet (If your mid was near wraithes when you did that camp, your mid gets some of the XP too), finish off smaller creeps, then level, then finish off Lizard. HP pot.

Level 3. Upgrade (Q). Now you have the option of ganking with your 2 jungle buffs.

OR you can finish off the last camp (2 smaller golems) and get level 4, Upgrade (W). THEN gank. Your Stun + (Q) does huge damage and Lizard buff keeps them slowed.

Always gank when you jungle, always keep an eye on all 3 lanes whenever a gank opportunity arises. Cover the lanes if someone needs to recall.

Last but not least, don't spend your whole time in jungle till level 11 or something. You should be half-laning half-jungling by level 6 at the latest.

PROTIP: There is a buggy feature with (E) that when you charge a creep and are too close to a wall, you end up on the other side of the wall because of your charge length.
Use this as a flash when you get ganked jungling, to end up on the other side of the wall.

Fluffy1 06-30-2010 11:41 AM

question: why brutalizer and armour pen when dev blow(your main damage) aswell as charge(secondary damage) are both entirely magical damage, would magic pen be far beneficial?

malphismia 06-30-2010 12:58 PM

I get AD because it helps Poppy farm, and she needs every bit of help she can get. Brutalizer more for the CDR since it's the only AD/CDR item. (Nashor/Deathfire Grasp more for AP poppy)

Usually the magic pen/redux items come with un-necessary stats, like AP.

Here are your options for MR reduction/penetration:

-Runes (I use 9 mark + 2 glyphs = 10 magic pen)

-Haunting Guise (20 MR pen) + AP, HP
-Sorceror Boots (20 MR pen)
-Void Staff (40% MR pen) + AP
-Abyssal Sceptre (20 MR reduction) + AP, MR

I can see Haunting Guise as a early-mid item, but I can't see it fitting before all my current early-mid items (sheen too important, vamp sceptre needed to keep health up, phage needed to slow).

Sorc boots on poppy, not really.
Void Staff, % MR pen, only for teams that stack MR.
And abyssal sceptre good if you're teamed with other mages.

You can go AP Poppy, and it would synergize well with Mpen items. DeathFire Grasp, Nashors, Lichbane. But AP doesn't complement jungle builds.

Hozartis 06-30-2010 06:46 PM

Interesting guide. Can't wait to test this out. ^^

DramaticBear 06-30-2010 09:43 PM

I actually think this is brilliant, seeing as how poppy has a hard time farming, can't harass well, and is easily harassed back. The only downside is getting a group of people to let you.

malphismia 07-01-2010 01:17 AM

^ You'd be surprised. This week, heimer is free, so I've been able to jungle and they offer to take 1v2 lane.

And I haven't been ganked at golem as much as other obvious junglers. Most of the time the other team assumes you're afk, since they've never seen jungle Poppy :D Until she comes from behind charging, stunning, and profiting.

malphismia 07-07-2010 10:54 PM

UPDATE:

I'm finding spell vamp on Poppy is pretty boss. When you're hitting golem for 600-800+ damage with spammable Q, spell vamp is going to heal you right back up. Think I might be leaning towards AP Poppy rather than AD Poppy now.

Although I'm not sure how AP poppy farms without attack damage to hit minions. Any pointers?

Daegen 07-07-2010 11:11 PM

Jungle Poppy huh? I'll try this out as well + 1

gaysensei10 07-07-2010 11:15 PM

let m stert by seying u guys r meenies n my old accnt wuz banne thx alot idiot meens

let me wern u

tmat is one of dah werst on hammrelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dis is not somthin u heer frum me oftn so pey attent???????????????

ok
dis is a hammrelf build
1. get dah booties!!!!!!!!!!!
nevr upgrad dees its just no point aftr levl 3

den get dah perts for a void rod!!1
dun meke it do dats a west
den get two (count it 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
chalic of mana
dis is imprnt at steyin gfiting wit dem
den u has to SMASSSSSSSSSSSSSH dem into a weell and into nash n he will do da rest
cuz nash is mah bud

olololol rofl u sscrubs

why do i weste time wit u bads get on my level
o wait im not freek im good lolrofl
jk freek is dah best hammerdinger lol
not u thou

Grimmhammer 07-08-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaysensei10 (Hozzászólás 1870522)
let m stert by seying u guys r meenies n my old accnt wuz banne thx alot idiot meens

let me wern u

tmat is one of dah werst on hammrelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dis is not somthin u heer frum me oftn so pey attent???????????????

ok
dis is a hammrelf build
1. get dah booties!!!!!!!!!!!
nevr upgrad dees its just no point aftr levl 3

den get dah perts for a void rod!!1
dun meke it do dats a west
den get two (count it 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
chalic of mana
dis is imprnt at steyin gfiting wit dem
den u has to SMASSSSSSSSSSSSSH dem into a weell and into nash n he will do da rest
cuz nash is mah bud

olololol rofl u sscrubs

why do i weste time wit u bads get on my level
o wait im not freek im good lolrofl
jk freek is dah best hammerdinger lol
not u thou

Don't ever do this again...

Maybe you could repeat this... In an earth language perhaps?