League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How to - Counter annoying Tryndamere (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1456106)

marklukejohn 11-06-2011 10:41 PM

How to - Counter annoying Tryndamere

INTRO
We all know that we either love or hate tryndamere(depends on if you're playing against him or as him). We think he takes no skill - right click to win. We think he is overpowered - spin in, slash fest heal , ultimate, heal, spin away. And we hate his criticals, 150 damage lvl 1.

Here's my opinion on how to counter him:
1. exhaust
a) it is hard to know if you're going to need exhaust for a trynd if you are playing normals. So i normally just take exhaust anyways, I love the slow and the ability to 1 on 1 people.
2. ignite
a) other people suggest this summoner. basically he can heal himself for ridiculous amounts and he can't lifesteal his way to victory. The problem is is that he still has undying rage
3. Burst and stun
a) burst him down and make him use his ultimate, or maybe you bursted him so badly that he just died.
b) when he ults, stun him when he gets onto you

A few tips,
1. Tryndamere will become unstoppable if you let him farm.
2. Tryndamere can always spinning slash away, so keep this in mind and keep your gap closers ready.
3. You and your teammates MUST coordinate, who you guys are going to focus. If the battle becomes drawn out, tryndamere will clean up your whole team. You're team needs to win the fight in 5 seconds or else GG.

Please write out your own counters to this annoying hero. I'm anxious to see other people strategies. People always talk about how only noobs can't handle tryndamere, yet they don't really tell us how to counter him. I understand 3 exhausts will make him do no damage, but there's 2 other people on the team too.

FearAzrael 11-07-2011 12:59 AM

You HAVE TO stop him from farming. There is no other answer, this is #1. He is highly susceptible to ganks (esp pre lvl 6). If you let him farm to his hearts content it is GG even if your team has a higher score/cs/towers.

Koldheartedjsp 11-07-2011 01:12 AM

teemo
nasus
frozen heart
randuins omen

LtVidic 11-07-2011 06:36 AM

As already mentioned, its all about stopping trynd before level 6! My favorite trynd bashing strategy is how my brother plays it almost every game... go top lane garen against him, start with boots+3pots and simply rush thornmail... once garen gets a little armor, trynd has no chance, especially once its complete.

ShowHBK 11-07-2011 07:13 AM

Executioner's Calling

Just to throw in my two cents...

In the event that you did not pick the right summoner spells to counter Tryndamere, do not forget about Executioner's Calling to shut him down in early game. It not only gives you life steal, but also will shut down Tryndamere's Blood Lust ability altogether with its on click effect... and to boot it is extremely cheep imo.

I have played Tryndamere in well over half my 1200 games and I would say that if i ever see an enemy Tryndamere i will almost always get Executioner's Calling just to watch him squirm. Half the people who do play him have no idea what they are doing anyways. You would be surprised at how many people will call BS when they have no idea what Executioner's Calling's click effect does.

However I might as well say that I do not recommend you buying Executioner's Calling if you are a caster

Fujiwara86 11-07-2011 08:24 AM

I played against a Trynd this morning. We had a good combo with me being Heimer and Malz. I would drop turret, turret, ult, rocket, grenade and Malz would silence so he couldn't ult....amazing.

Mesa the Phoenix 11-07-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujiwara86 (Hozzászólás 16936079)
I played against a Trynd this morning. We had a good combo with me being Heimer and Malz. I would drop turret, turret, ult, rocket, grenade and Malz would silence so he couldn't ult....amazing.

Tryn can ult through any form of CC.

<.<;;

DEVlN 11-07-2011 12:22 PM

Ignite is a very easy way to counter him, as long as you use it correctly. Don't be a noob and put it on in the start of a fight. wait till he ults and a couple seconds in pop it on. He wont be able to heal for bloodlust after the ult is over.

All other counters are pretty much mentioned already.

marklukejohn 11-07-2011 06:54 PM

Malzahar is a good counter to alot of champs with that suppression. I haven't picked hiim up yet though because of his squishiness.

Captain Kopp 11-07-2011 08:23 PM

how do you not have armor on your list...