League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Myths (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1439052)

brainlizard 11-02-2011 10:58 AM

Dominion Myths

I see this **** all of the time on these boards:

-Ninja-capping champs are OP
-Balance on Dominion sucks
-It's an AD fest
-No teamwork
-Can't carry
-Casters blow
-No Skill

Frankly, these are simply the opinions of bad Dominion players. At my elo (+30 wins), I see a huge variety of champs, balanced teamcomps, teamwork, and ZERO ninja-cappers. Even Rammus is always played as a highly-mobile bruiser instead of some garbage ninja-capper.

Furthermore, want to carry? Nekrogen spelled it out for everyone: go dominate botlane.

ActionButlerGO 11-02-2011 10:59 AM

+1

Prometheius 11-02-2011 11:08 AM

Agreed with everything.

Ninja cappers suck balls. I've only seen teams with dedicated ones lose horribly after my Dom Elo went up.

Casters are absolute beasts at bottom.

Dom takes more teamwork than SR.

Mailius 11-02-2011 11:15 AM

It is unusual to have a ninja capper but ones who can do it right are extremely annoying to deal with. I've seen very few that actually try doing it "correctly" rather than running around willy-nilly trying to back-cap points which is indeed very ineffective.

It is harder to carry than in SR (where if you're an AD carry, well you can carry because everyone is one place for the team fights generally). While in Dom even if you're owning bottom lane, you still can't really influence top other than pulling a person away from it. It's still not "impossible" to carry on Dominion though.

Other than that I agree with your points completely.

jushiroh 11-02-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainlizard (Hozzászólás 16731712)
the opinions of bad Dominion players.

Quote:

At my elo (+30 wins).

Quote:

bad Dominion players.

Quote:

elo

Quote:

Dominion

That ranked dominion

Prometheius 11-02-2011 11:43 AM

Thornmail is the WORSE defense item you can ever get unless you're Rammus or Shen. Do NOT touch that **** vs AD, unless you're fighting a Yi.

Warrrrax 11-02-2011 11:58 AM

Wait...how is Thornmail so bad exactly? If enemy has pure AD champs, it would seem that this is a decent counter.

You can't just stand there and watch them die from attacking you, but it certainly negates their lifesteal and applies a good deal of damage to them...meanwhile cutting your damage taken by 40% typically.
How is this so bad? And what would you recommend that is so much better?

Anniie 11-02-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prometheius (Hozzászólás 16733241)
Thornmail is the WORSE defense item you can ever get unless you're Rammus or Shen. Do NOT touch that **** vs AD, unless you're fighting a Yi.

Are you on drugs? Just wondering.

Ikruti 11-02-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mailius (Hozzászólás 16732264)
While in Dom even if you're owning bottom lane, you still can't really influence top other than pulling a person away from it. It's still not "impossible" to carry on Dominion though.

That however is probably one of the best things you can do. As Ryze in bottom lane I've forced the enemy team to send three bottom just to deal with me. That creates a 4v2 imbalance at top, and let's face it, if your team can't win a 4v2, you were destined to lose that game anyhow.

And the ability to keep that type of pressure bottom during the whole game is amazing for how it imbalances the enemy team. So I sort of disagree in your assessment, doing just what you said is a very large factor in the game.

Anniie 11-02-2011 01:08 PM

That's why I like Soraka. Pushes like a boss and if you have the opportunity to build heavy AP, your ult heals for significant amounts possibly turning the tide of a battle anywhere on the map.