League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Badger Teemo, Badger Teemo, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=143762)

SprinkKnoT 06-23-2010 02:10 PM

[Guide] Badger Teemo, Badger Teemo, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

I. Introduction
II. Masteries
III. Summoner Spells
IV. Runes
V. Skill Analysis
VI. Skill Builds
VII. Item Builds
VIII. Gameplay
IX. Conclusion

I. Introduction
So, you want to play Teemo huh? That annoying little yordle that runs in hits you once and your health is down by like 3 bars? Well, I've been playing Teemo for a while, specifically Badger Teemo cause he looks the most awesome, and I feel that I have figured out some pretty tasty builds, both for AP and for DPS.

II. Masteries
For Masteries I tend to go 9/21/0. This is because Teemo is extremely squishy. He needs all the help he can get when it comes to not dying in a situation. I tend to not like 0/21/9 on Teemo because Utility pretty much increases regen and movement speed. Running out of mana never tends to be a problem because Teemo's abilities are fairly low cost and they aren't being spammed like most characters. And movement speed well, I'll explain later why you don't need the extra boost in that.

III. Summoner Spells
Summoner spells are a little based on you as a player. Depends on what how you play. I personally find Ghost + Exhaust to be the best. Here's a list of which spells are useful and which ones, not so much.

Useful or worth taking: Ghost, Exhaust, Flash, Ignite, and Cleanse.
Useable ( I suppose) but I wouldn't: Clarity, Clairvoyance, Heal, and Fortify
DO NOT TAKE: Rally, Revive, Smite, and Teleport

Here is why you do NOT want to take those last four:
Rally - Teemo is a hit and run artist. Run in hit them once and bam your out. When hes not playing hit and run he's chasing. When chasing you tend to move. What good is a movement less buff on something that's moving away?

Revive - Do I really need to explain? NEVER get anything that is only useful if your dead. Bringing Revive is like telling your teammates that you plan to die. Just don't bring it.

Smite - Teemo isn't a fantastic jungler from what I've noticed. This is because a majority of his damage is based of of dots. By continuously attacking your dots aren't allowed to reach their full potential so it pretty much wastes them. Leave jungling to Warwick.

Teleport - This one is probably the most confusing to most people as to why you would never want it. Well this is because teemo is fast, like ridiculously fast. End game I tend to have around 485 movement speed with move quick on. So getting across the map isn't a huge difficulty.

IV. Runes
Runes I have the least knowledge on out of all the things on teemo simply because I'm not level 30 :'( (still have like half a bar left). I Will probably edit this once I experiment but as of now this will be purely based off of what seems useful.

Quintessences: I would go Flat Hp because early game Teemo is squishy and needs a little bump to help live.

Red: This depends on which Teemo you plan to play
DPS: Armor Pen for obvious reasons
AP: Magic Pen so your dots hit for more

Yellow: I'd say flat dodge because dodge Is always useful especially with defense
masteries and Nimbleness

Blue: Probably the least important but I think CD/level so blind shot and mushroom is up more often.

V. Skill Analysis
Teemo's skills are extremely useful, every single one.

Q: Blinding Dart - Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom, dealing damage to the target unit and causing all attacks to miss for the duration. Deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.6/2.2/2.8/3.4/4 seconds.

This is a great skill. Does some good damage and blinds, which means any auto attack champ is useless at hurting you for 4 seconds. A great skill to get.

W: Move Quick - Teemo scampers around, increasing his movement speed until he is struck by an enemy. Toggle: Teemo's movement speed is increased by 20/25/30/35/40%. Should Teemo be struck while Moving Quick, he gets knocked out of Move Quick.

Move Quick is used for chasing, running away, getting across the map, getting in and out of combat quickly, etc. Anything that requires movement speed Move Quick makes you better at it. Just have to watch out when in combat, because any damage from other champions and towers will turn it off for about 7 seconds which could be bad if you can't get out of their range.

E: Toxic Shot - Each of Teemo's attacks will poison the target, dealing damage each second for 5 seconds. Teemo's basic attacks poison their target for 8/14/21/28/35 (+0.14) magical damage each second for 5 seconds.

The coup de grāce of Teemo. This skill simply turns your attacks into dots which means with one hit you can keep hurting the enemy making Teemo the ultimate harasser. The damage isn't incredible at any rank, but I have gotten many many kills from it killing a fleeing opponent.

R: Noxious Trap - Teemo places a explosive poisonous trap. If an enemy steps on the trap it will release a poisonous cloud, slowing enemies and damaging them over time. Places a trap which detonates if an enemy steps on it, poisoning nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies take 350/500/650 (+0.8) magic damage and have their movement speed slowed by 30/40/50% for 4 seconds. Traps last 10 minutes.
Teemo's Mushrooms make him one of the most hated characters in the game. Basically Teemo places an invisible mushroom that when ran into does damage and slows. The best part you can place as many as you want and leave them everywhere. The damage doesn't stack however so you don't want to place them right next to each other. When ever this is up i Tend to run to the nearest bush that isn't filled with musrooms and place one in there, or I just place them in the nearest path that doesn't have one. Nothing is more fun then a low health enemy running into one and dying.

[Passive] Camouflage
- If Teemo stands still and takes no actions for 4 seconds, he becomes stealthed indefinitely.

Teemos passive is the only lackluster thing about him. Despite how useless it sounds it has its moments where it can save you or surprise the S**T out of an enemy. Just stand still and dont do anything for 4 seconds and your stealthed. Once you move you get an attack speed bonus and you are unstealthed. Not terribly useful, but not terribly useless.

VI. Skill Builds
There are two builds and the only difference is the first skill you get.
If solo I go:
1. E
2.Q
3.E
4.W
5.E
6.R
7.E
8.Q
9.E
10.Q
11.R
12.Q
13.Q
14.W
15.W
16.R
17.W
18.W

This way at level one you can still harass the enemy with a dot.
If in a lane go:
1.Q
2.E
3.E
4.W
5.E
6.R
7.E
8.Q
9.E
10.Q
11.R
12.Q
13.Q
14.W
15.W
16.R
17.W
18.W
This way blind shot can help your ally get First Blood right away by disabling an enemy champ.

VII. Item Builds
I have found two ways to build teemo, as DPS or as AP.
For DPS I like to buy, in this order regardless of being in a lane or soloing.
Boots + 3 Health potions
Stark's Fervor
Upgrade Boots (I'll explain the circumstances later)
B.F. Sword -->Black Cleaver
Last Whisper
Frozen Mallet
Infinity Edge

Explanation
-I get boots first so I can run in hit them once then run out early on.
-Stark's Fervor, through continued argument of community, does appear to be better specifically from what I've noticed just because it increase's everyone dps as whole. Also it gives much needed Lifesteal and health regen early game to make laning easier.
-Boots can be upgraded four ways, Berzerkers, Swiftness, Ninja Tabi, or Mercury Treads.
Get Ninja Tabi if you are having trouble surviving against attack based champs, Mercury Treads if they are disabling you a lot, Berzerkers if you plan to not get Wit's End, and get Swiftness if none of the above apply to our situation.
- Black Cleaver i've provides a larger boost to damage then Infinity Edge because it's passive makes a bigger difference unless built to a crit based build. Its large ad increase and passive that lowers enemy armor makes it a great item. An added bonus is that the decrease in armor helps your whole team out.
- Last Whisper is a great item. Attack Speed, damage, and the best is 40% armor penetration, which combined with Black Cleaver shreds an enemy to bits.
-Frozen Mallet is one of my favorite items on any DPS champ. It gives Teemo much needed survivability, a small damage increase. The best thing about it though is your attacks now slow which means Teemo can chase extremely effectively with his high a movement speed.
-Finsh off with Infinity Edge for an added damage increase and some crit chance so you do a great deal more damage to everyone.

The alternative to DPS Teemo is AP Teemo. AP Teemo is much less used but he hurts a lot in burst damage as dps hurts over time.
For items I get:
Boots + 3 health potions
Rod of Ages
Upgrade Boots
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Zhonya's Ring
Void Staff
Abyssal Scepter

Explanation
-I start with boots for the same reason as I did for DPS Teemo. Run and hit tactics early game.
-Rod of Ages you want to get as early as possible so its bonus raches its full potential quickly and early.
-See DPS Teemo for the types of boots and which situations to use it.
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter is the AP equivalent of Frozen Mallet. AP increase, Health, and a slow. All nice things to have.
-Zhonya's Ring is a staple for any AP build, I get it this late so its passive can really help alot right away. With this your AP should be around 300, Meaning your Blind shot should be hitting for ~550 and your mushrooms will be doing 800-900 damage each time they hit one.
-Void Staff is like Last Whisper, it grants 40% magic penetration meaning your spells hit for a lot more. Coupled with another 70 ability power this makes it a key item.
-Abyssal Scepter is a nice finish because it adds a little more spell pen and some more ap which can never be a bad thing. The extra magic resistance doesnt hurt either

Another comment about AP Teemo is that you will have A LOT of health. 3k I think with Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Having that much health and your blind will make you impossible to kill by DPS champs. Your mushroom and Blind shot will be hitting absurdly high. Even though AP matters little to your passive DOT, it will still be doing 80-90 damage a second after every hit so even if you can only get them down to 400, your dot might just finish them off. Your mushroom will will finish off a bunch of people with this AP build seeing how it will be doing over 200 damage a second after being run into, and if you a are playing Teemo right, mushrooms will be everywhere.

VIII. Gameplay

Solo Early Game
If you are soloing early game is all about farming and getting as many hits onto the opponent without getting hit yourself. Run in, hit them once, then run out. Your dot will do enough damage to get them to eventually b or to where you may be able to finish them off with a blind shot and a few more hits. Besides that at level 6 place mushrooms everywhere and if chased lead them into one.

Lane Early Game
If in a lane go with your partner and basically play as you would solo, but you have to wait till lvl 2 to get your dot. Work with your lane mate to decide when to try and kill. Teemo is incredibly squishy, so if targeted get back or Blind dart them and get a few hits before they start hurting you. Place mushrroms everywhere. Around the sides tend to be best because then you can see in the bush and that's the main area to gank since there are no minions to block.

Early Game In General
The key to early game Teemo is to harass the other team like crazy and place mushrooms everywhere. Remember to just run in and get 1 hit. That's all it takes with your dot to take them down a few bars.

Mid Game
Mid game basically is the same as early game except for ganks. Make sure to Blind shot their main DPS in a gank and focus whoever the team is focusing. Placing mushrooms in the enemies escape routes is also nice and annoys the enemy like you won't believe.

Late Game
By late game you are exceptionally squishy as DPS Teemo and need to play careful since the enemy has high damage by this time. If targeted run just out of their range then run back in once they have a new target. NEVER BE IN FRONT. AP Teemo has some more health so you can take a few more hits as him, but still don't initialize. As Either AP or DPS use Blind shot whenever it is up and use Move Quick to chase or escape.

IX. Conclusion
Regardless how played Teemo is an annoying Champion who can 1v1 with nearly anyone as long as you don't get to close. The key to Teemo is hit and run, I can't stress this enough. This is about all my knowledge of Teemo, If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. If confused about anything or disagree just post and I'll try to explain my reasoning or change it.

Ardor Calamity 06-23-2010 04:24 PM

Snaakee oooo snaake! Oooo it's a snaaake!

(Anyone who understands the title would also get this)

Also, nice and detailed guide you have there.

Temlam 06-23-2010 04:29 PM

maybe I'm wrong and i'd hate it if I was, teemos mushrooms do however refresh the damage when stepped on right?

Placing a line of mushrooms in a bush is good for this reason because with the slow they usually take 1-2 damage ticks before stepping on the next one.

I actually never tested it but i always assumed this was the case.

SprinkKnoT 06-23-2010 04:50 PM

Yes it does refresh the slow and damage. However I feel that if you place them like a wave apart from each other then its a more effective way to get damage and slow on them because then more ticks from the previous mushroom can apply. Of course it is still a good idea to place a mushroom whenever the skill is available regardless of whether or not mushrooms are nearby. Don't place on top of each other though.

OatmealCookie 06-23-2010 05:09 PM

Another Malady build? Why? It's been said again and again that Stark's is better in every way.

No offense dude, but your build is all over the place. Not to mention the final build is super expensive, and you'll rarely reach past the Frozen Mallet, if that.

You take a lot of IAS items before you build any kind of AD, Why? AD improves your damage much more efficiently, and doesn't require you to stand in one spot for too long. The IAS items and Wit's End imply you're doing an on-hit build, but you don't get Madred's Bloodrazor? Mana drain ain't that good, seeing as the majority of caster burst comes at the beginning of the fight before you even get an auto-attack off.

If you want pure damage, nothing boosts your damage output like rushing IE -> LW. Boots1, BF Sword, and Recurve Bow, you're already flying. Finish your IE, LW, go to town. That's the best way to build AS/AD.

If you want some kind of IAS build, you really need a bloodrazor in there, and get rid of malady.

You need to rethink what you want in your build, because as of right now, you managed to spend a ton of gold, and get really little benefit out of it.

LyraOrpheo 06-23-2010 05:20 PM

I thought guides were meant to guide players to become decent at a character. Why are you recommending Malady? specially on a character you so describe as "hit and run" :/

Stop running Malady Teemo. or malady anything.

Temlam 06-23-2010 05:26 PM

technically malady is much better for teemo than starks IF you have no other auto attackers on your team. It does happen. Honestly teemo usually isnt even close enough to give off the aura effect anyway if your other physical is a melee.

starks costs more. not to mention, if anyone on your team gets a starks...better to get malady 100%. Though honestly speaking, I'd probably opt for neither.

Carados 06-23-2010 05:28 PM

Actually, no, if you do the math, Malady will always deal worse damage assuming the target has a reasonable amount of damage and magic resistance.

SprinkKnoT 06-23-2010 06:43 PM

Tested a different DPS build going to adjust the guide to that.