League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "best" ranged champion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1413202)

Nethlion 10-27-2011 09:05 AM

"best" ranged champion?

Hey guys, just started playing yesterday. So far, very fun game. Now, I've been trying to do some research on ranged champions, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spots, or I'm not searching the right things.

I like ranged roles, as I've done in all mmos/games I play. I'm looking to see what are the "best" ranged champs to use in game. While I know you really can't rank any one champion as the best, since each champions skills are good for different occasions, I was wondering if there was a general list of the top ones to play with. I bought Ashe right off the bat after watching a gameplay video of this game from MMOhut, and she's satisfying me so far. I'm only level 3, so I have a long way to go before I can unlock higher champs, but I'm mainly looking for a guideling as to what to look out for in the future.

Any help on the subject is appreciated. Now, back to the search.

Edit: Just thought of some added info. I love to attack fast, and focus on critical chance/damage. The quicker they die, the better.

Luminexi 10-27-2011 09:43 AM

Based on what you prefer I would say you're looking for Tristana, Ashe, or Caitlin. All very good choices, I personally prefer Caitlin for a hard carry and Ashe for a good initiation with her Enchanted Crystal Arrow and carry.

TheNavs 10-27-2011 09:46 AM

Tristana is great for an almost machine-gun like effect when you build her attack speed up, and her longer range makes for decent survivability.

But also check out Vayne - she can do MASSIVE damage in midgame if you build her with some AP, and her movement bonus means she can chase down almost anyone, which can be very satisfying.

Daerkannon 10-27-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNavs (Hozzászólás 16447619)
But also check out Vayne - she can do MASSIVE damage in midgame if you build her with some AP, and her movement bonus means she can chase down almost anyone, which can be very satisfying.

I think you mean AD, but yes. Vayne is a "hard carry" which is to say she starts off soft and squishy and can end up killing the whole opposing team (tanks included) later on if left to her own devices. (Hint if you're playing against her: don't leave her to her own devices)

TheNavs 10-27-2011 09:56 AM

Oops, yes, I did. Thank you for the correction.

Watusa 10-27-2011 09:57 AM

Tristana is also a very safe carry that you can actually pick up REALLY cheap (just like the page on facebook).

Kogmaw is also very satisfying to play but you have to be careful with him as he melts easy.

Ihartcheese 10-27-2011 10:00 AM

Graves. Hes got soo much grit.

Sunaseth 10-27-2011 10:17 AM

If you like relying on auto-attacking and stacking on-hit effects, go with Teemo. He's fast, but squishy, using a blow-gun and mushroom mines to kill things, with skills that increase his movement speed. Not quite a crit-chancing champ, but he has so many on-hits that add damage and deal DoT, he can mow down champs like Poppy that would otherwise laugh at hard-hitting and fast autoattacks that rely purely on AD. You have to know when a good time is to initiate combat, so you'll want someone who's a bit beefier than you to run in and start taking aggro, but when built right you can solo the dragon at level 12 and those mushroom-mines also double as free sight wards, minus some vision range.

Typically I play him with mercurial treads, malady, wits end, madred's bloodrazor, and frozen mallet being built in order, then guardian's mail or something similar after that. Starting with a doran's blade that gets sold whenever you've got need for a new slot. For skills, first point in blind shot, get one of everything at first, then max toxic shot. Since toxic shot deals additional up-front damage and DoT it works rather nicely.

Nethlion 10-27-2011 10:32 AM

I do like the idea of dot's added into the mix. I loved dotting everyone up in wow with my warlock and watching them die over time >.> I'll have to look through all these guys, thanks so much for the help thus far guys!

TwistWrist 10-27-2011 10:33 AM

Really don't need to build much attack speed on Trist.