League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 13

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Catalyst -> Banshee's is amazing on Ashe (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=138685)

xbombr 06-17-2010 06:22 AM

Catalyst -> Banshee's is amazing on Ashe

Seriously, I tried this out for once since I never started with a catalyst on Ashe before. (Usually I started with like sword-pot or something along those lines, but I'm not very experienced with her....so yeah.) and it's amazing. The catalyst gives you that early game hp and mana that Ashe lacks. Then you work on your boots and a damage item, then upgrade to Banshee's when needed. If the other team is trying to focus you with CC, this can definitely save your life as should be obvious. Ashe is a common target if she's out of position (or even if she's in position sometimes) and getting them to blow some of their CC on you when they're probably in danger now because you're (hopefully) playing with a somewhat competent team and you've slowed them via volley or frost arrow. It also helps if something unexpected happens and someone comes up from behind or something.

Anyway, I'm definitely adding it to my build, especially if there are casters around since it can definitely save your life and helps you last much longer in lane and teamfights.

The point of this topic is that I don't see many Ashe players do this and they really should. Maybe it's my ELO, but I see mostly pure glass cannon Ashe builds even when I play with my friends that have like 350-400+ wins.

wildfire393 06-17-2010 06:38 AM

This is THE way to play Ashe.

TigerTunes 06-17-2010 06:55 AM

it depends on what you are going to do with your ashe

catalyst is nice if u want to farm.
and there are some other items if u prefer to gank

macsauce 06-17-2010 07:16 AM

Buy all mp5/level blue runes and flat HP quints.

Then you don't all need to be scrubs and buy catalyst, chalice, regrowth, etc. You're about 50x better off to rush that IE or BT.

TigerTunes 06-17-2010 07:36 AM

agree with yuor statement
also nice is sotO

The Promise 06-17-2010 07:47 AM

I really don't know why people don't believe me when I say that Catalyst rush is the best early game for Ashe by a wide margin.

Congrats on figuring it out on your own!

Crayon Puppet 06-17-2010 08:10 AM

I actually like to go soul shroud for CD reduc and hp followed by Soto. You never have mana problems, gives you very good surviability, and it becomes a nightmare for teams to push against shameless volley spam which will inevitably put stacks on your Soto.

wildfire393 06-17-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsauce (Hozzászólás 1614467)
Buy all mp5/level blue runes and flat HP quints.

Then you don't all need to be scrubs and buy catalyst, chalice, regrowth, etc. You're about 50x better off to rush that IE or BT.

Yeah, I'm entirely satisfied by the ~100 HP I get from quints as my only survivability. I also thoroughly enjoy dying a lot. You should be able to tell that neither statement is true, and they are intrinsically linked.

Catalyst not only gives you mana to spam Volley pretty much every time it is up while leaving you ECE mana, harassing and farming like crazy and giving you kills that would otherwise get away, but it also provides a large HP boost, HP recovery, and as Banshees, another powerful defensive stat and one of the best passives in the game. Eschewing this is just asking to die. A lot. Chalice and especially Philo Stone are completely wastes, but Catalyst and Banshee's are insanely good.

Eat dat chammich 06-17-2010 12:48 PM

I play Amumu and I hate when Ashe gets Bashee's...for what its worth.

wildfire393 06-17-2010 12:52 PM

There are a few cases where Banshee's is not really worth getting. If their entire team consists of super-spammable abilities, sometimes with multiple targets, it isn't as worthwhile, and you should either upgrade the catalyst to a Innervating Locket (kind of stains, but if you're playing a heal team you can get more heal stacks out of your volley spam) or sell it for another survivability item (Aegis is a fine choice because it gives you all three defensive stats, buffs your team, and increases your damage)