League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do I counter Twitch? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1372156)

36t 10-16-2011 06:50 PM

How do I counter Twitch?

Now that his IP price has been reduced many people are buying twitch. I played several games today with a really good Twitch who dominates the game. What items/strategies should I use to counter Him? I'm not saying Twitch is op, I just don't know how to counter him.

waaxz 10-16-2011 06:53 PM

in lane, as jungler or in general?

90% of the answers will be oracle/visionward

ColossusCrusher 10-16-2011 06:55 PM

Pink Wards and Oracle's are the first thing to think of. The second thing is that he's stupidly squishy, so a good burster will blow him up (Pink Wards + Veigar = KABOOM). And never walk around alone. That's just begging for him to show up and tear you apart.

xXCFXx Avenger 10-16-2011 07:13 PM

oracles pink wards basically. but if he gets super fed. Get thornmail and lol at him. Twitch will literally kill himself attacking you. Its hilarious. stand twitch build gets him 1700 hp. x3 that is about 5000. So if you tank has 5500 hp twitch will kill himself AA. Do kill fast have your tank stop being lazy and atk him.

and yea and stun will F him up as well

Arguably Perfect 10-16-2011 07:36 PM

i just fire a lazer at him
thats it
lazer powa
luxftw

Muztardus 10-16-2011 07:41 PM

As someone who has played the universally reviled rat often with varying success I know what I hate.

1. Early pressure - Harrass him - you don't need to kill him, just push him back a bit and force him to blue pill. He's squishy and either he is tight and will B or he's loose and you'll likely pick up a cheap kill if he doesn't know what's good for him. Don't over extend. I've baited a lot of overconfident enemies into running past my lane mate chasing a kill only to get slowed and buttsecksed by my buddy or sometimes even ticked off by my passive DoT. If you push him out of lane he can't farm and if he can't farm, you set him back badly. A fed Twitch is a nightmare to play against but an underfed Twitch can be a major liability to his team.

2. Pink wards and oracle's - Two in the pink = a rat in the stink. Best used in combination with point 1. Use this to continue to harrass. Even if he's getting blown up when visable, the Rat can sit off the minion waves and passively draw in XP from his lanemate and minions killing minions. This can further cripple him. It's not the be all and end all, however as he can still pick up a nasty AS buff when he stealths and reappears meaning it's not enough to just wait for him to do a dumb thing... If he knows the ward is there he won't.

3. Don't loiter after an engagement. Once he has his running shoes on, don't loiter. He can move around quickly without being seen and can track you down after you've broken off from a skirmish. A player that hangs around at low health to farm before B-ing is an open invitation to take a free 300 coins. If he's not dead or visable on the mini map, he's behind you. Treat him like Karthus off cooldown. Get to your nearest tower and Blue pill. If you're at low health and he has any of his toys he'll cut you down before you know he's there and will be running back to base /all-ing "Trolololol" to get his next purchase from the gift shop and that usually means more butthurt for your teammates.

4. Gap closers and stuns - Remember when I said he's squishy in lane? That goes for much of the rest of the game too. Some people try to cover that squishiness with hp and what not but others will embrace the fact and build a fairly nasty glass cannon. A good counter-pick will have a gap closer and/or a stun. One of my other favourites aside Twitch is Xin and he is very good anti-Twitch, especially if built tanky: W-E-R-Q = dead rat. An heavily AD built Pantheon W-E-Q should also dispatch our furry friend.

5. Prioritise him - End game, I can be ticking off up to 1800 dps 10 second sustained damage (2.5 as, 90% crit, 300ish ad) and there's only so long that anyone can stand in that before they're brought to heel. If you can muster a similar amount of damage in a quick burst... Problem solved. Just don't blow all your team cc abilities on him... Then you've got nothing left to deal with the 4 other champs that are bashing you.

6. Thornmail - If he wants to bring the pain with massive amounts of autoattack AD, give him 30% of it back to suck on. Nuff said.

Hope this is helpful.

acosn 10-16-2011 07:46 PM

Thornmail.

LancerXXX 10-16-2011 09:47 PM

If that Twitch doesn't have a Wit's End and you have a Thornmail, he'll kill himself before he kills you.
In lane, get a Vision Ward or two.
In teamfights, get Oracle's Elixirs.

Redenbacher 10-17-2011 03:47 AM

Vision Wards for the laning phase.
Oracle for the rest of the game.
Thornmail for late-game AD/Crit Twitch.
MR for AS/On-hit Twitch (though I haven't seen one of them in a very long time).

Nightdancer ND 10-17-2011 03:58 AM

A pink ward is fine, if you want to get a free kill (if placed unnoticed to the enemies on the bot lane)

Otherwise not much is needed, if you keep in mind that he exists.
People overextend and got ganked. They don't have much map awareness in general.

Twitch pretty much powerless, if not feeded by trolls.