League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 14

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Unexplainable Lag Thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1359387)

Trenith 10-13-2011 05:03 PM

The Unexplainable Lag Thread

I've noticed there has been a substantial amount of threads regarding weird cases of indescribable and rather picky lag, delay, and other weird quirks. I wanted to go ahead and make a thread listing all the weird symptoms of lag people have been having and see what else people are experiencing.

I have been experiencing a lot of these just recently. I noticed it today.
Discuss.

*Note* Not all symptoms may apply to you, or may only happen at certain or random times.

In-Game Lag Symptoms
  • Sluggish character movement. It feels delayed, almost like you are walking on ice.
  • Cooldowns are randomly coming off cooldown before intended, yet are not yet castable.
  • Your character alone will freeze for several seconds, then begin doing the moonwalk (seems to ALWAYS occur before the first minion waves spawn).
  • The game timer will do as it pleases.
  • You can no longer see your creep score, level, or kills on the scoreboard, and instead see scribbled white boxes.
  • Minion animation will be glitchy.
  • Absolute loss of control of your character for random periods of time, although the game appears to be resuming as normal.
  • Crashes/disconnects of all flavors.
  • Game-wide freezes that affect all players for random periods of time.
  • (New) Skill shot spells that would normally miss hit you, in some cases dramatically. I just started noticing this happening a lot.

Client Lag Symptoms
  • Game locks up when finding a match, displaying no ability to join the match and not allowing you to quit out.
  • The client will search for a match endlessly, with no success.
  • Logging in takes an infinite amount of time.
  • (Unconfirmed) Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

I feel like this isn't an internet issue for people because I've been reading a lot of victims' pings are fine. My computer is a beast and I get a constant steady frame rate. I've changed nothing about my computer to cause something like this.

A Kawaii Loli 10-13-2011 05:09 PM

Signed.

Trenith 10-13-2011 05:11 PM

Added problems I've also been having with the client.

Anyone else seeing anything?

ApolloGood 10-13-2011 05:13 PM

The same stuff is happening to me, but not the scribbled white boxes. My latency is really low, but everything is delayed and warping.

EDIT:
Also, when I join games, I will load to about 80%, and then the window closes, the the application is still up in my taskbar, and when I click it, it says "Reconnect to Game." I can reconnect fine, but the lag make the game unplayable.

A Kawaii Loli 10-13-2011 05:15 PM

Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

Trenith 10-13-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmackHoe (Hozzászólás 15823429)
Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

Added, will put a question mark next to it and will remove if others are getting it.

Exsnypre 10-13-2011 06:03 PM

singed

Trenith 10-13-2011 06:13 PM

Just got done with a game where every single person locked up for one minute.

Jaramin 10-13-2011 06:20 PM

Add me. Been having these problems yesterday a bit, and today it's unplayable. I would add crashes to the mix after several disconnects/reconnects.

Ridley 10-13-2011 06:25 PM

Yup, happened to all five of us in an AI game (I refuse to play normals or ranked until this issue has been fixed >_< )