League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   (Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1354650)

Nhan Fiction 10-12-2011 03:32 PM

(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance

The guide is on Leaguecraft. Link below.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/ga...formance.xhtml

WarlordMichael 10-12-2011 05:17 PM

Not everyone is prey to their emotions, I guess it all depends on how calm you normally are there is a main point that I disagree on though

1. Never /ignore another player on your team, the costs outweigh the benefits

As an example of our players was having issues with me (calling me a feeder, noob tank etc) however I honestly dont care what other people think of me so I just kept playing as per normal however our "team leader" riven decided to /ignore her for some reason, late game we took baron and she went to get blue while he was trying to get a team fight running, annie mentioned she was getting blue but riven couldnt see if so he engages 4v5 and we all die (annie tries to stop them at base and gets killed we lose inhib and 1 nexus turrent and of course we no longer have baron) we do however still win in the end, but ignoring a player means you are basically taking responsibility for determining their position and readiness for battle yourself.

Below are just my thoughts on bringing your emotions into a game enviroment in which the majority of people are too young to understand they might be bruising your precious ego when they call you out on mistakes you make

Some people have fewer issues with their emotions, I come from a variety of games and guilds in which trolling players for doing poorly on vent is common, I pretty much take it as a your are doing badly mate try and improve soon, so I just calculate how to best achieve my next goal (getting farm, stopping a player snowballing, assisting one of our players at snowballing).

I cant honestly say there are no negative effects to me doing poorly I can say there are no negative emotional effects to me doing poorly though, I went 0/3/0 to start a game once this meant my 2 lane opponents had a significant gear advantage early meaning that me and my lane partner had a few issues getting started as we had some very strong opponents but by co-ordinating our efforts (she stunned and I knocked up) we managed to get a few kills in retaliation against our opponents, I ended the game 6/14/21 which isnt an amazing scoreline but we won and thats all that really mattered, the point is once you cede early kills you have to critically look at what you can do now to improve your game, as if you just react emotionally and try and attain a quick kill without a plan behind it you will end up 0/4/0 or even worse in a short period, if there is no way to get a kill then tower hug and farm at the tower only until you have enough farm/assistance to get the kill.

3. Honestly if you are going to react emotionally in what is simply a game just because you are doing poorly you may wish to look more deeply into yourself and figure out what your main issue is as this is just a game winning and losing isnt a huge deal (unless your in a tournement I guess as then it would be more of a big deal)

Nhan Fiction 10-12-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarlordMichael (Hozzászólás 15775408)
3. Honestly if you are going to react emotionally in what is simply a game just because you are doing poorly you may wish to look more deeply into yourself and figure out what your main issue is as this is just a game winning and losing isnt a huge deal (unless your in a tournement I guess as then it would be more of a big deal)

The emotions we direct toward our game do play a part in what we contribute individually toward winning, and then you factor in how each of your allies are feeling emotionally and this plays a huge factor in the end result as well.

Nhan Fiction 10-13-2011 06:31 AM

>^..^<

BrownSin 10-13-2011 07:29 AM

emo lawl

WestminsterNinja 10-13-2011 07:38 AM

I always ignore people as soon as I feel like they are going to start trolling above the standard amount of trolling. It's an unnecessary distraction.

Captain Kirigaya 10-13-2011 02:15 PM

Well Spoken.....if only people will take what is says and apply it to the game.

>.>

Nhan Fiction 10-13-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestminsterNinja (Hozzászólás 15798412)
I always ignore people as soon as I feel like they are going to start trolling above the standard amount of trolling. It's an unnecessary distraction.

True.

Mambazo 10-13-2011 05:14 PM

i /ignore tons of people when i see signs of trolling, because I'm a hood mother****er and I don't play that ****.I'd rather not get a report in return for responding to trolling so i put a stop to the whole situation before it even starts.

TwchTvSlitelohel 10-13-2011 05:48 PM

Trolling pisses me off to no end. I shoulda screened this game, but I joined a ranked solo queue game and three of the other four players picked heal/revive as their skills in character select...I had to quit and take an ELO hit just to avoid this ****. I try to not give trollers a chance.