League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [ITEM IDEA] Spiritlooms (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1346845)

Jaykoboy 10-10-2011 05:21 PM

[ITEM IDEA] Spiritlooms

Okay, I'm not sure if you can post ideas for new items here...but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to post it. (Hint: You get a lot of flak for it in the champ concepts forum.) This is just an idea I had, but it's not extremely detailed. Just a basic idea. Anyoen who thinks they can improve it is welcome to.

Item: Spiritlooms

Initial Cost: 3,615 Gold
Build Cost: 900 Gold

Builds From: Madred's Razors
Wit's End
Stats: +40 Damage
+40 Magic Resist
+40% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: 15% chance on hitting a champion to do 100 bonus magic damage.
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal 30 extra magic damage.
UNIQUE Active: Increases your Move and Attack speed by 40% for 3 seconds, extending by 0.5 seconds with each basic attack, up to 14 stacks. Each stack also grants +1 Attack Damage and +1% Attack Speed. For the duration, your basic attacks deal 60 extra magic damage, not added to unique passive.

I think that's about it. Hope this doesn't get any flak...I'm so sorry if this isn't the place to put these sort of things. My humblest apologies.

-Jaykoboy, the Dragon's Hero-

EDiT: This has been nerfed countless times. I would prefer if you tell me more what to nerf than just downvote it. We might be able to produce a good, viable idea if you give me good input.

EDiT2: In the latest update, it also applies a slight damage increase with each stack and slight attack speed increase.

EDiT3: Also improved the active so that you don't do a total of 90 extra magic damage with your basic attacks while you have the active up.

EDiT4: Reduced chance damage done to champs by 100, to 100. This should solve the problem of champions, such as Yi, Teemo, and Kog being able to take on a huge team of champs on their own with attack speed boosted.

EDiT5: This is just an explanation as to why the second passive of Wit's End is not on there. I boosted the Magic Resistance by 10, but the dropped the passive altogether, so that way it's not completly OP for high attack speed champs.

EDiT6: Okay, with all the 'OP for certain champs' posts, I'm surprised no one mentioned Twitch. He's one of the fastest attackers in the game, and everyone seems to have forgotten him. The King of KS has lost his royal seat, then.

EDiT7: Due to many complaints about it being still OP, after countless nerfs, I decided to give it a gold cost.

EDiT8: Due to a recent complaint about the chance to deal bonus damage to champs being too low, I'm buffing it back up to the original 15%, although I'm leaving the damage dealt at the same level.

JustMyBassCannon 10-10-2011 05:35 PM

You're mimicking Youmoo's Ghostblade. Except with Magic Resist (where the hell did Madred's Armor component go?), Health, and a Magic Damage proc.

Jaykoboy 10-10-2011 05:39 PM

I switched the Armor component for Magic Resist. Sorry for the confusion. I also switched cooldown time to attack/movement speed. This is an item designed for people who like to play as DPS but are playing as one of the squishier ones, like Ashe. The magic damage is because a surprising number of tanks don't handle magic damage all too well. The attack speed...the only people who don't need attack speed are Supports, Tanks, and Mages (Unless certain ability's cooldowns or power is affected by yoru attack) so it's pretty much supposed to be for anyone who likes to get into the fight.

JustMyBassCannon 10-10-2011 05:48 PM

So, you took two item components (Armor and Cooldown) and just replaced them with other stats that AREN'T built from them (Magic Resist and Attack Speed)...

That's not how item ideas work. The items you build from add up, not subtract or completely change. The only item you can find in the store that gives you less stats upon upgrade is Madred's Bloodrazor, because it deals 40 damage per 1k HP your target has to make up for the missing 17 AD. Don't mention WotA, it gives 80 AP upon upgrade you can't forget about that aura.

Jaykoboy 10-10-2011 08:12 PM

Okay, I realize that it sort of violates the rules. And yeah, you're right. I could do better with the balancing and such. Give me a minute, I'm going to switch out some items.

Jaykoboy 10-10-2011 08:16 PM

There, I removed the Health bonus from it, switched out Kindlegem for Wit's End, and gave it a second passive that's almost identical to the Madred's Razors passive, except it applies that damage to champions.

Jaykoboy 10-11-2011 06:22 PM

Who went and downvoted it? If you're downvoting a concept, always (as in ALWAYS) post a reason to downvote it along with your downvote. If you just run through and downvote everything one person says to tick them off or make them miserable, that's considered unethical. Please...try leaving a good reason behind you.

Nea De Penserhir 10-11-2011 10:29 PM

There is zero reason or balance in having a 20% chance to deal 25% of someone's health as magic damage.

Razekal 10-12-2011 02:00 AM

Provides WAY too much on one item. and as Nea De Penserhir said, the 20% chance to proc 500 magic damage on champions is ridiculous.

Fal1en Ange1 10-12-2011 07:00 AM

One Word: Kog'Maw.

this item would make him WAYY WAY WAY too op, as well as teemo and any other auto attack champs.