League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Proper warding (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1343273)

Kresant 10-09-2011 07:59 PM

Proper warding

I've always been a strong advocate for warding and I ward every match while encouraging my teammates to do the same. I realized the other day that I throw wards down at random with no real thought about why I'm placing the ward where I am or at what time I should be placing wards. I don't mean to say I place wards in useless places. I understand the importance of placing wards where they will do the most good. For me this means if I'm solo top or bottom I generally try to place a ward in the river bushes at 4:00 that's when most junglers like to gank (normal games) some times earlier for ranked.

I also place wards in popular walking areas, but I don't know if there is a specific schedule/strategy higher elo players use for warding. I was wondering if anyone knew a link to a ward tutorial or had any advice for warding.

Basically, amidoingitright?

lehcim 10-09-2011 08:17 PM

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6602/wardguide.jpg

lehcim 10-09-2011 08:25 PM

Think objectives.

What can you accomplish with the use of your wards?

Taking towers.
Pushing lanes.
Stealing buffs.

Throwing a ward down at the enemy blue and one near dragon just to not push the bot lane is foolish. Yes, vision is helpful to the entire team. But making that ward worth your 75g key. Do you know if an enemy buff is up? Placing wards en route to said objective will allow you to have a way out of sticky situations if you do end up finding the enemy in their own forest.

I think many people place wards in hopes of an enemy running by eventually.
Think outside the box.

Funkel 10-09-2011 08:29 PM

lots of good things on that image but there are a few things that could deffinitly be added. like make sure to understand why your warding. obvious ward placement to prevent gank from a jungle will differ is the enemy jungler is nocturne (know the distance if his ult at 6 and 11 when it can be used to gank in laning phase) compared to udyr. also the ward placement is to prevent you from being ganked awhile also being able to be agressive in your lane. if your gonna place a ward and then allow yourself to be pushed all the way to your tower, why bother laying the ward in the first place. dont ever put it in the brush right next to the lane unless you feel you have to. if your are in top lane place it right on the corner of baron closest to you so you can see all the river and the opening to there jungle closest to your lane. this will give you good warning ahead of time to back up if you are pushed out and also give sight for possible counter jungling to help your team.

Sarise 10-10-2011 12:52 AM

When I am mid, I like to ward the two small bushes in the river as opposed to the two directly next to my lane. I don't always have the spare cash for that, but if I do it's very handy. Warding those bushes helps you see ganks coming from multiple directions, as opposed to the single direction that the immediate bush gives. You can usually tell if they're trying to come around behind you tower side, or in front of you enemy tower side. If you have that warded, you don't really need the side bushes warded. You'll know if they're there or not.

Beaumains 10-11-2011 09:58 AM

Everybody seems to be discounting wards in the brush; but I'd like to point out that warding brush effectively negates all advantage that it gives (unless it's Cait). It can be very difficult to push out from your tower if you can't see into the brush that's right in front of you, so to speak.

Nefarious Intent 10-12-2011 03:17 PM

wards are pretty much anti gank and anti roam.. so just ward the places they can gank u from, and the places u kno most gankers roam.