League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Jungle Book - A community based jungle guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1331689)

TildeMerand 10-07-2011 06:03 AM

The Jungle Book - A community based jungle guide

Summoners! Bored as hell and came up with an idea.

ITT: Post some things you know about Jungling! Be it tricks, faster routes on X champs, better items for X champs, Runes, ganks on lanes/Roaming, double jungling ideas, champs that aren't considered junglers, but can do it well...

I want to compile a giant list of all the things we as a community know about Jungling. I will update this post with all the info you guys happen to post about.

Let us begin!

As Warwick, i've discovered that I have alot more success with a Vampiric Scepter going into the jungle than cloth armour 5 pots. I start at blue and seem to be succesful.
Another trick to avoid being ganked (Solo Queue only) is to wait by your Wraiths in the bush closest to them and have your team wait by blue. This way, you can't be caught off guard while standing in the blue bush and you can see if anyone will try to jack your Wraiths while you're not looking!

Your turn, Summoners!

List:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfAZN Ownage (Hozzászólás 15520954)
Just a tip. When you do wraiths at an early level, make sure to smite the big one, or take it down first. It's life steal makes it a little difficult at level 1.

Absolutly! The less damage you take in those early jungling moments the better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher (Hozzászólás 15522385)

IMPORTANT: Before trying a new jungler ALWAYS make a custom game to test your route. Watch Stonewall's videos on YouTube (they're fantastic). Once you know that your route works, test it against bots to get a feel for it (although this is risky because your lanes will probably be stomping too hard for good gank practice). Once you've done that feel free to go into normals.

Last thing: jungling is complicated and can be tiring if you find yourself doing it too much, so don't forget to take breaks and play the other roles you know (in my case solo top and AP carry, but I can AD carry if we need it).

Probably the best advice you can give any novice jungler!

cloroxchewables 10-07-2011 07:32 AM

0/9/21 masteries for junglers seem to work for me the best except for lee sin i run 21/0/9 on him
The 3% movespeed increased buff duration and the cd really helps in the jungle. The 3% move speed while it doesnt seem like that much can give u that extra edge when coming to gank when noone has boots.

Oriental Teabag 10-07-2011 07:57 AM

Just a tip. When you do wraiths at an early level, make sure to smite the big one, or take it down first. It's life steal makes it a little difficult at level 1.

lCantGetNoSleep 10-07-2011 08:35 AM

I don't like the vampiric sceptre start because it offers no benefit other than supposedly a faster wriggles, although the jungler should almost always spend all their gold at the start anyways. The other two item paths have much stronger benefits:

Cloth armor + 2 health pots + ward (you don't need 5): Gives you extra security with early ward to prevent their jungler from ganking your lanes.

Longsword + health pot: Warwick can improve his slow jungle time.

ColossusCrusher 10-07-2011 08:41 AM

Disclaimer: All junglers mentioned here are the ones I can use to varying levels of success.

If you're IP poor, a good setup for jungling is 10 ArPen, 12% Attack Speed (use reds and quints), flat Armor yellows and either AS or scaling MR/lvl blues (I use MR/lvl) with 21/0/9 Masteries (I ignore crit damage). This works pretty well for the traditional melee DPS junglers (Noct, GP, Olaf, Xin, Shaco, Udyr, even Malphite), whether going for a level 4 or 5 route.

If you are jungling someone with a bit of sustain such as Xin, Noct or Olaf and are doing a Vamp Scepter level 5 route, a good idea is to invade your enemy's wraith camp. Smite the big one and kill two small ones so that the respawn timer doesn't activate - they will kill one but then have to wait for a longer amount of time. Smite should come back in time for when you do your wraiths (assuming enemy wraiths, wolves, wraiths).

If you're Shaco, the first thing you'll realize about him is that his boxes kill buff monsters almost too fast for you to smite them, so you can sneak around to the enemy red and steal it before they know what's going on.

IMPORTANT: Before trying a new jungler ALWAYS make a custom game to test your route. Watch Stonewall's videos on YouTube (they're fantastic). Once you know that your route works, test it against bots to get a feel for it (although this is risky because your lanes will probably be stomping too hard for good gank practice). Once you've done that feel free to go into normals.

Last thing: jungling is complicated and can be tiring if you find yourself doing it too much, so don't forget to take breaks and play the other roles you know (in my case solo top and AP carry, but I can AD carry if we need it).

If you want to ask me anything in game, or just run some tests, feel free to add me (just reference this thread please). My username is ColossusCrusher, so that should be pretty easy to remember. :)

TildeMerand 10-07-2011 06:17 PM

bump

Ovalusc1 10-07-2011 06:19 PM

Always pick smite,
and don't gank over-extended lanes.

Dorsia 10-08-2011 04:11 AM

not only do you have to watch your jungle path, but you have to watch all 3 lanes. if you see one of your own lanes being pushed, go help out. if you see a gank at top lane don't stop to get red buff. by the time you are done the enemy will have gotten a gank or healed up. go try and gank, make him waste a summoners then go take your red and see if you can go back. and while it's not solely your responsibility, dont be afraid to throw out a ward or two

Arkalyn 10-08-2011 05:44 AM

Can someone address good ideas on what to do if you get killed in the jungles or by getting ganked by the enemy jungler? What do should you do if this happens and your team wasn't able to catch the enemy?

Also when is the best time to grab dragon depending on champion? I've found it much more difficult to kill the dragon early now.

ColossusCrusher 10-08-2011 06:22 AM

If you get killed by the enemy jungler, congratulations, you just got counterjungled and get to learn recovery paths! Try to finish your route if you can, and then assess the situation. If the enemy jungler is in a lane, run in and steal some creeps, or a buff if you feel confident about it/it's up and hasn't been cleared. Yes, your jungle will be hurt, but as long as you aren't Amumu or one of those junglers that literally needs blue, you'll be more or less ok.