League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   3 v 3 and Supports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1327437)

Rabbitsuit 10-06-2011 06:04 AM

3 v 3 and Supports

What supports are viable on the Twisted Treeline?

I have a friend that almost exclusively plays supports, and when we premake and get a pub, we generally cycle through one or two dodges before getting somebody that picks another iffy champion.

Do you have a favorite support champion for TT? Do any mesh well with champions that excel on the map?

Gloribhem 10-06-2011 06:06 AM

Janna is great, as is zilean, Soraka does well more as a battle mage than support in 3's. Sona does well if you have a team to back you up and receive the auras to the most effective they can be.

CaliOGkush 10-06-2011 06:10 AM

Any support hero, just play him more aggressively and build more AP.

Gloribhem 10-06-2011 06:11 AM

I agree with big. It just changes the playstyle from 0 CS to more agressive. That's why I stated the more offensive supports instead of the blah support blah.

èXx 10-06-2011 06:16 AM

Janna and Zilean are the only champs I've seen work out well.

I've tried Janna maxing out "eye of the storm" early to give my lane partner a free BF Sword, while also building AP/AD Hybrid.

I've never personally tried Zilean, but have teamed with one that worked well. His bombs deal massive damage and he helps a carry like Catilynn escape with his speed boost. He also has some crucial revives with his ult.

Soraka only works with another AP Carry, but you sometimes get the problem as stated below.

Supports are tough on TT, sometimes you feel like you need that third damage dealer. If anything I'd go with a support hybrid like Alistar who provides a heal. If you friend can handle Karma, she is also an alright choice.

CaliOGkush 10-06-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElenoreX (Hozzászólás 15472454)
mes you feel like you need that third damage dealer. If anything I'd go with a support hybrid like Alistar who provides a heal. If you friend can handle Karma, she is also an alright choice.

This is why the support is aggressive and builds for ability power in addition to support stats like regen or health and armor, to act as the third damage dealer in addition to heals and auras.

Frosty716 10-06-2011 07:07 AM

Taric is a beast in 3's.

infinite azure 10-06-2011 09:37 AM

karma alistar and kayle are notable supports not yet mentioned

Vraell 10-06-2011 01:19 PM

To be honest, supports aren't really that viable on TT. Supports just don't deal enough damage in a map that is really fast paced, especially when there are just so many better picks. However, if you really want to play support, Soraka is by far the best option as she actually has good damage now as well as good sustain.

I am more greezy 10-06-2011 02:37 PM

Janna is alright, but I wouldn't reccomend her.

Zilean is probably the best. His bombs are annoying as hell, and his ulti plus a champ like Garen or Jax is just a pain.

Either one of the two though really aren't viable. In TT, the pubstomp team will normally pull off a victory. There are some exceptions, but there is a reason you those kind of teams so often.