League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 21

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A ton of giant bugs in the new patch and would appreciate a Red response... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1326171)

Arruke 10-05-2011 09:41 PM

A ton of giant bugs in the new patch and would appreciate a Red response...

So I'm counting at least 5 maybe 6 giant bugs in the latest patch when it wasn't even a big one >.>

1. Bugged ban times, from what I gather most of them are being banned till somewhere in the past, most of them say they didn't even do anything.

2. Black screens in the client, in champ select, or in game. Mangled pixels among other things.

3. No text in game (I personally am experiencing this), no text for hp/mana, tooltips, armor, gold, mr, ect.

4. C++ runtime error / bugsplat at the start of the game, during champ select, or when you try to start a game.

5. 1st win of the day bonus will say it is available but will not grant a bonus when you win. EDIT: It's just a display error apparently, you still get the first win of the day but the indicator won't go away.

6. Assorted freezing in client, champ select, game, and when patching. Not sure if this is related to the patch but I do see a good number of threads on them.

EDIT: 7. When starting a game, right after champ select finishes and the game is about to start the pvp.net client minimizes like usual but nothing happens and the user is presented with a "reconnect to game" button on the pvp.net client but cannot reconnect to said game.

EDIT: 8. Ghost que is back again where you get into que and it doesn't match you but the timer keeps counting. When you try to leave the que it'll say that you cannot as champion selection has already begun and the game will start shortly and you have to close LoL with task manager.

EDIT: 9. When searching for a game in a premade or even alone, when a game is found you'll be dropped from the que when you didn't leave.

EDIT: 10. A bunch of people have been getting various in game lag, some people's experiences include delayed cast times, delayed changes in values (hp/mana, cooldowns, stacks), and lag in general gameplay (movement, buying items, particles, ect.)

So far none of these issues have been addressed except the bugged ban times but from what I'm seeing most of the bans aren't even legitimate bans even if the ban time is just messed up. Although they have been working for the past 5 hours on the login que times, I still think they should be able to address and work on some serious bugs that accompanied the new patch making the game completely unplayable for a good number of people.

EDIT: A reinstall and repair have been tried on all of the problems listed above (except for the bans ofc) and it has not fixed any of them, just for some clarification.

I can link multiple threads for each one of these but it doesn't take that much time to look around the bug and help forums to see that all of the ones I listed have a lot of threads regarding them. I hope these issues can be dealt with soon.

Faser 10-05-2011 09:42 PM

also the mana gained from the tear and the upgraded scepter no longer display how much mana you have gained

ATK 10-05-2011 09:43 PM

Pretty obvious that your installation got corrupted during the patch. Reinstall the game.

Arruke 10-05-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vieto (Hozzászólás 15459241)
Pretty obvious that your installation got corrupted during the patch. Reinstall the game.

A reinstall and repair has been tested by countless other members including myself and it does not fix the current problem I am experiencing, nor any of the other problems listed in the OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faser (Hozzászólás 15459181)
also the mana gained from the tear and the upgraded scepter no longer display how much mana you have gained

Those aren't giant concerns as they don't make the game unplayable.

ShadowSained 10-05-2011 10:16 PM

Yeah hopefully these threads can be kept up till we get some help as I am experiencing the 3rd problem. No text in game really feels weird and kills all communication with teammates.

Arruke 10-05-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowSained (Hozzászólás 15460573)
Yeah hopefully these threads can be kept up till we get some help as I am experiencing the 3rd problem. No text in game really feels weird and kills all communication with teammates.

The main reason it sucks is because I can't tell any armor/mr hp/mana values or my gold, I can pretty much navigate everything else fine. After I did the repair nothing happened so my options menu still had no text and I play on all low settings so I can't even play the game right now because I can't navigate the options menu to switch my video settings back.

It's really hard for me to understand how such a small patch with very minor changes did so much damage, I'd love to get some feedback from the actual designers of the patch on what they changed so we know why everything is so messed up.

Gentleman G 10-05-2011 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got one, and I've tried repairing and it doesn't fix it
randomly not being able to find a game and being told you can't exit queue because champion selection has begun
you have to use the task manager to close LoL in that case.

Shock of Ages 10-05-2011 10:33 PM

There's also the issue stated in this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1321113

But that seems to only be concerning VMWare users. Still, it makes the game entirely unplayable, so it needs to be fixed. I mean, first Riot forsakes Mac, and now the most popular Windows virtual machine on Macs is messed up too? How the hell are we Mac users supposed to play? >.<

Arruke 10-05-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shock64 (Hozzászólás 15461275)
There's also the issue stated in this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1321113

But that seems to only be concerning VMWare users. Still, it makes the game entirely unplayable, so it needs to be fixed. I mean, first Riot forsakes Mac, and now the most popular Windows virtual machine on Macs is messed up too? How the hell are we Mac users supposed to play? >.<

Yeah I kind of just threw that in with the rest of the black screen / mismatched random mangled pixels.

The amount of people affected by these bugs is staggering yet Riot isn't addressing anything which just concerns me really. It's like they want us to believe they're understaffed or something.. I'm not too sure :S

TiznaraN 10-05-2011 10:49 PM

Also receiving no Win of the Day tried every game mode except 5v5 pvp and dominion