League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 17

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Twitches Items? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=130783)

Wolvesrage 06-07-2010 12:40 PM

Twitches Items?
 
What items should i get i love speed and atk of new recommended set but takes some time to get that money.

Carados 06-07-2010 12:40 PM

Something like this:

Doran's Shield
Boots 1
(Avarice Blade)
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
*Crit and damage items*

Wilvanis 06-07-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 1514633)
Something like this:

Doran's Shield
Boots 1
(Avarice Blade)
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
*Crit and damage items*

i respectfully disagree. champs like trist are good for the ranged, high-dps cannonmissiles that crit every time and blast you with 1 hit. champions like twitch RELY on attack speed, and i have swamped many a game with my attack speed all the way up at 2.5, although this is rare and situational depending on MY team (not my opponents').
rune for crit, crit damage, attack speed etc but DO NOT rune for attack damage, and try to avoid too much of it in your build. armor pen is your f-buddy, consider black cleaver as either your ONLY attack damage item (not counting the small amount on whisper) or one of 2 with infinity edge.

try:
zeal
boots (i suggest mobility for maximizing effective stealth time)
last whisper
sword of the divine (EXTREMELY useful active vs. warwick, jax, amumu, even teemo, or anyone who runes for dodge and avoids lots of early hits or builds dodge and tries to avoid them all game)
then finish dancer and either go:
black cleaver + infinity edge or:
ghostblade, nashor's tooth (if mana is problematic and you're making effective use of expunge), wit's end or bloodrazor.

redelmos 06-07-2010 10:01 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with the attack speed Twitch. He has 2 skills that give him attack speed, and gets close to 2.0, if not higher, without any attack speed items. I agree with Carados for the most part, well nevermind. I completely agree with him. But if you need to get a phage in there, or vamp stick for some survivability. And Avarice blade is completely optional.

Wilvanis 06-07-2010 11:48 PM

2.0 is only during BOTH ambush AND spray and pray, which you can not rely on having together for every gank, unless attack speed items. attack damage and ability power are fail, redelmos, so i fail to see what your alternative is- or why you did not suggest one (except that perhaps you do not have one or are too afraid of flames to post your own? rather passive aggressive imo).

furthermore, phage and frozen mallet are fail as well- if you need survivability it's because you're taking focused fire, which means you are playing the champ incorrectly. do you even play twitch, redelmos? i would be willing to bet not, or that if you do i would smoke you 1v1. the trick to 15-0 twitch is to NOT be in sight after the building phase, to NOT be taking hits- you have FOUR teammates for that.

if avarice is "completely optional," how do you "completely agree"? (answer: "i completely agree with whatever this person says and if anyone refutes it i can just say you don't have to do what they say because i contradict myself and don't offer any sound suggestions of my own, just head-nodding for my buddies!" LOL) ...sounds like you are running a bias here, red, and also that you don't know what you're talking about. i suggest you go scope the newb forum.

to summarize:
-attack speed is how you get kills with twitch, wear them down before they have a chance to strike, this is how you 1v1 warwick, dps panth and poppy, and jax endgame. abuse expunge at 6 stacks even if they are not finished off yet.
-if your play style leans on slow, heavy hits, you are playing the wrong champion.
-stack crit to maximize quick hits
-go read literally every description of twitch ingame and on services like the lol wiki. they all say the same.

red, you fail.

Lawful 06-07-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolvesrage (Hozzászólás 1514626)
What items should i get i love speed and atk of new recommended set but takes some time to get that money.

The recommendeds are half true , you only need to replace the boots and Maldredz with Infinity and Mobility/Swiftness.

Lawful 06-07-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilvanis (Hozzászólás 1517775)
i respectfully disagree. champs like trist are good for the ranged, high-dps cannonmissiles that crit every time and blast you with 1 hit. champions like twitch RELY on attack speed, and i have swamped many a game with my attack speed all the way up at 2.5, although this is rare and situational depending on MY team (not my opponents').
rune for crit, crit damage, attack speed etc but DO NOT rune for attack damage, and try to avoid too much of it in your build. armor pen is your f-buddy, consider black cleaver as either your ONLY attack damage item (not counting the small amount on whisper) or one of 2 with infinity edge.

try:
zeal
boots (i suggest mobility for maximizing effective stealth time)
last whisper
sword of the divine (EXTREMELY useful active vs. warwick, jax, amumu, even teemo, or anyone who runes for dodge and avoids lots of early hits or builds dodge and tries to avoid them all game)
then finish dancer and either go:
black cleaver + infinity edge or:
ghostblade, nashor's tooth (if mana is problematic and you're making effective use of expunge), wit's end or bloodrazor.

Go reroll.

Twitch is like one of the few champions that does not need attack speed items at all, only items he needs are AD items, nothing else.
Attack speed should be aquired in small amounts and towards mid-end game.

Wilvanis 06-07-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful (Hozzászólás 1518428)
Go reroll.

Twitch is like one of the few champions that does not need attack speed items at all, only items he needs are AD items, nothing else.
Attack speed should be aquired in small amounts and towards mid-end game.

incorrect, and obviously another non-twitch player. you almost contributed to this conversation, though, good try!

"AD items, nothing else" suggests a complete lack of understand of how this champion works. you might have better luck with trist, based on what you've unfortunately displayed to everyone here.

furthermore, you failed to post a full build, just a generic disagreement. it would help not only your argument but everyone reading this for insight if you posted your proposed twitch build.

i find that 15-0 is easy as attack speed twitch, quick hits make the gank. perhaps you just haven't tried this strategy (and thus this champion) effectively yet.

good luck with that.

Temlam 06-08-2010 12:04 AM

dude, seriously, twitch has enough attack speed.

he will however do **** for damage without ad items. I do not play twitch, I'll admit it.
I have however seen many twitches, who have successfully spray and prayed whole teams, and those with aspeed items did basically nothing to the enemy. AD twitch has gotten a quadra kill off of next to full health enemies.

My recommended build:
infinity, last whisper, stack bloodthirsters

Wilvanis 06-08-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temlam (Hozzászólás 1518491)

My recommended build:
infinity, last whisper, stack bloodthirsters

as you can see, 2 of these are already listed in my build because my argument is that whisper + infinity OR black cleaver is plenty. make use of the 1/4 on sotd with the fast hits. i do not recommend blood.

good contribution, +1.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:54 AM.
1234511 ... 17


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc