League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1302486)

BeardRex 09-30-2011 06:27 PM

Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion

How the current system works:
For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.

I think it would help out with a huge amount of the frustration that some people are experiencing in Dominion. It's not that it is impossible to win against super speedy champs, it's just annoying.

I know some of you may say "So what if it's annoying?" Well my response to that is, "Annoying un-fun gameplay is why stealth is getting a rework, and TF and pantheon ults were changed. And also why Sivir's backdooring is being looked at.It is completely in-line with Riots development goals."

Having the speed diminishing returns on speed adjusted as part of the Dominion specific buff would be a way to tone some champs down without effecting them in other game modes. Extremely fast champions promote stagnant overly-defensive gameplay. Especially due to the lack of wards.

This is not about removing the "back-capping" tactic. This is simply balancing the champions using the dominion buff that is already in-place.

Postal Twinkie 09-30-2011 06:38 PM

I agree with this and had a lengthy conversation about it with other players. Currently champions like Rammus, Teemo, and Gangplank stacking zeals makes it very frustrating to play against.

BeardRex 09-30-2011 07:55 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thinking of this. I'd love to get a red's opinion on the matter. I'd love to know if it's something they've tested during development of dominion. I mean, if I thought of it, I'm sure Riot has considered it too.

Brackhar 09-30-2011 08:11 PM

I think this is a pretty good approach. We're debating between this and a few other options right now. but the argument is sound.

BeardRex 09-30-2011 08:30 PM

Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that you guys are still working on dominion balance :D

I love the mode and think it's very successful.

cF Dawgy 09-30-2011 08:52 PM

I worry about Ults like Twisted Fate and Pantheon (and even Nocturne) if this change is implemented.

Polaritie 09-30-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgy (Hozzászólás 15192421)
I worry about Ults like Twisted Fate and Pantheon (and even Nocturne) if this change is implemented.

Currently, Rammus can stop a surprise cap anywhere from anywhere if he has boots5. That's a bit much since his Q isn't on a long cooldown. Anyone can interrupt if they're on an adjacent point, even against Priscillas (Unless creeps or multiple people are present), so the result is basically uber-speed stacking is punished, but it shouldn't overly hurt your ability to defend (Though I think defense is slightly too strong atm, in that it's too easy to defend agaisnt a surprise attack on an unguarded point)

Volimar 09-30-2011 08:56 PM

My response would not be diminishing returns on speed, but to make every speed increase item unique. For example, Zeal would not stack on another zeal or any item zeal is part of, but would stack on say, force of nature. Just my opinion.

Adac 09-30-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaritie (Hozzászólás 15192589)
Currently, Rammus can stop a surprise cap anywhere from anywhere if he has boots5. That's a bit much since his Q isn't on a long cooldown. Anyone can interrupt if they're on an adjacent point, even against Priscillas (Unless creeps or multiple people are present), so the result is basically uber-speed stacking is punished, but it shouldn't overly hurt your ability to defend (Though I think defense is slightly too strong atm, in that it's too easy to defend agaisnt a surprise attack on an unguarded point)

Then you must play heroes like Shaco or Eve (mostly Shaco) that can BD endlessly with no real counter. I've played games where if I wasn't Rammus, we would have lost due to Shaco's endless ability to keep BDing which is not fun to defend against and not really fun to execute. I don't know how to fix it, but possibly make it if one team owns both points that surround a point (aka a team owns the top and bottom left points), then the middle left point takes 2 times as long to channel to neutral. On the flip side this would wreck come-backs with 1 life left on your Nexus which are so intense that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change (love Dominion for that; one life left on Nexus and then coming back and winning). One of the best feelings in a video game.

Gentleman Oz 09-30-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie (Hozzászólás 15186270)
I agree with this and had a lengthy conversation about it with other players. Currently champions like Rammus, Teemo, and Gangplank stacking zeals makes it very frustrating to play against.

Don't forget Janna and Singed on that one