League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best "Cheap" champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=129524)

TriniSlayer 06-05-2010 06:31 PM

Best "Cheap" champion

As the title says, in your opinion which champion gives you the best bang for you buck. ie cheap but very useful.

PS if its not too much trouble can you post how much the champion costs (IP) and and why u think its useful.

Silverdevilboy 06-05-2010 06:42 PM

Ashe. 450 IP, best hard carry in game. Infinity edge, last whisper, just get to the edge of the fight and spam shots/volley. And NEVER take bounty til you cannot level anything else.

Ebonclaw 06-05-2010 06:43 PM

Ashe is 450 IP, and has very simple close combat options, as well as an immensely powerful ult that isn't entirely hard to put to good use.

But dear god, please don't play Ashe, everyone does. 8 \ Don't play Annie either, even though she's sort of the same league.

My suggestion, there are a fair number of 450 IP champs, just start buying them up, and trying to get good with all of them. That way, you'll at least find your niche, whether it be DPS, support, tanking, etc - then you can begin diversifying on that platform.

EcoEco 06-05-2010 06:52 PM

Ashe is good, perma slow. Really piss off the melee that cant jump or flash closer or escape. 450 IP

Sivir is also a decent choice. She isn't a carry, but she supports well and pushes like mad. 450 IP

Annie is pretty good if you know how to play. Learn to last hit with your Q and you will save a lot of mana. Farm incredibly well early game. She works wonder with Flash + R + Stun. You can kill pretty much any squishy at level 6 with that combo from full health. 1350 IP

Ryze, Fiddle, Mundo, Twisted Fate, Poppy are also decent for 1350 IP. You can stop low elo if you're decent in low elo. You can do pretty good in mid elo if you're decent. But if you're at high elo, you need to master them to be good. Easy to use for low and mid elo and able to do well. But to succeed in high it requires much more work.

Tristana is a good choice too. Incredible at pushing and farming. Good escape mechanism and chasing too. Rely on Lizard buff though. She can save someone from melee ganks (her R skill). 1350 IP

Tryndamere is really good as a late game carry. You NEED to learn 2 things. Either feed but pull the game out so you can get your core build because once you get your core build; no one can practically stop you. Or not feed and wreck the game from early to end. High level skill required, 1350 IP.

Singed is definitely good choice. He has really nice base health regeneration. He is really good as a mage tank. Again 1350 IP.

The champions I suggested separately, I believe they are worth the 1350 IP and I enjoy playing them a lot. The ones I grouped together (Ryze, TF, etc), I don't really like them much but they are good for 1350 IP.

TriniSlayer 06-05-2010 06:53 PM

hmm ok thanks for the advice, so far i've only bought nunu and i'm practicing tanking/support would try the others just to practice the different roles.

Carados 06-05-2010 06:57 PM

Ashe is pretty much the best carry for solo queueing currently, just because you fill two very important roles at once. Make sure you know when to initiate, because that's your job now.

AnyOtherEnemy 06-05-2010 07:56 PM

You guys are all missing the obvious, Ryze.

Press R, bring a whole team to half HP. Die maybe, maybe not.

EcoEco 06-05-2010 08:50 PM

1 I said Ryze, I just don't like him.

2 Nunu isn't that good since a lot of teams have CC (especially stuns). Nunu's Ulti is channeling, so stuns will mess him up. Not sure about fear or taunt. Taunt does not work on Fiddle's Channel for his Ulti.

DayInTheSun 06-05-2010 08:59 PM

Twisted Fate is only 1350... For a champ that can be very powerful in the hands of an experienced player he's definitely worth the buy if you want to spend time to learn how to play him.

TheShortestPath 06-05-2010 09:04 PM

Ashe, easily. She's 450, and she's also free at the moment so you can try her out before you buy.

Hang back and farm creeps, then slow people to piss them off and pressure them. Her ult is great for hitting someone either running away with low health or someone chasing you or a teammate.

I honestly can't imagine a better hero for starting players.