League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Poll] Please Revert Morgana Black Shield Ninja Nerf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=129052)

PhailRaptor 06-05-2010 01:50 AM

[Poll] Please Revert Morgana Black Shield Ninja Nerf

Some of you may not be aware that Morgana's Black Shield took a significant nerf to it's effectiveness and usefulness in the May 11th patch. It still prevents CC effects and shields the target from Magic damage, but it no longer prevents the application of debuffs (such as Teemo's Shrooms, Zilean's Bombs, and Ignite). These debuffs will now begin eroding the shield, rather than being prevented like they previously were. This change impacts Morgana very hard, after the already impairing nerf to Soul Shackles AP ratio distribution.

This is not the first time Morgana has been unnecessarily nerfed. Several months ago, the slow debuff for many spells was split from the damage debuff of many spells, like Teemo's Shrooms, to prevent Highlander and Merc Treads from reducing/negating their damage when they were not intended to. Meanwhile, Morgana's Dark Binding was not changed to match. This cut her already circumstantial damage potential by a large margin. Dark Binding itself was dealing 40% less damage from just the snare-reducing Merc Treads passive, not even counting the MR. Because of the reduced duration, Tormented Soil also becomes partially negated, because the unit Bound to it will just walk away, receiving only 1 or 2 ticks of damage after Dark Binding wears off.

For a long time, Morgana has been disproportionately affected by changes made to her. The Black Shield changes are no different. The one thing keeping truly Morgana useful has been taken away. Now she has fallen to a very low tier of usefulness.

Please, for the sake of fallen angels everywhere, revert this unjust change.

Dimensionist 06-05-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhailRaptor (Hozzászólás 1493324)
Some of you may not be aware that Morgana's Black Shield took a significant nerf to it's effectiveness and usefulness in the May 11th patch. It still prevents CC effects and shields the target from Magic damage, but it no longer prevents the application of debuffs (such as Teemo's Shrooms, Zilean's Bombs, and Ignite). These debuffs will now begin eroding the shield, rather than being prevented like they previously were. This change impacts Morgana very hard, after the already impairing nerf to Soul Shackles AP ratio distribution.

This is not the first time Morgana has been unnecessarily nerfed. Several months ago, the slow debuff for many spells was split from the damage debuff of many spells, like Teemo's Shrooms, to prevent Highlander and Merc Treads from reducing/negating their damage when they were not intended to. Meanwhile, Morgana's Dark Binding was not changed to match. This cut her already circumstantial damage potential by a large margin. Dark Binding itself was dealing 40% less damage from just the snare-reducing Merc Treads passive, not even counting the MR. Because of the reduced duration, Tormented Soil also becomes partially negated, because the unit Bound to it will just walk away, receiving only 1 or 2 ticks of damage after Dark Binding wears off.

For a long time, Morgana has been disproportionately affected by changes made to her. The Black Shield changes are no different. The one thing keeping truly Morgana useful has been taken away. Now she has fallen to a very low tier of usefulness.

Please, for the sake of fallen angels everywhere, revert this unjust change.

Couldn't agree more, nerf her most useful ability. This would be like taking away all stealth capability from eve and not compensating with a buff elsewhere.

Hanni 06-05-2010 04:56 AM

No idea what Riot was thinking. Let's nerf the underpowered and keep the OP ones like they are so they'll attract more people? Maybe that's their business strategy.

Fantastic Colors 06-05-2010 05:02 AM

I miss the Tankganas :/

Ai shi teru 06-05-2010 06:03 AM

There is not an option to just vote no o.o

Dimensionist 06-05-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlasting (Hozzászólás 1494224)
There is not an option to just vote no o.o

That would be "wait until Riot comes up with something" That something could be nothing...

Rebel Scum 06-05-2010 07:58 AM

I'm cool with the ability to apply debuffs, its a damage shield, not an everything shield and you're greedy to ask for that. it was a bit of a ***** to play as morde and toss my ult on her right whens he shield so its a solid waste

Dimensionist 06-05-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eatmypie (Hozzászólás 1494661)
I'm cool with the ability to apply debuffs, its a damage shield, not an everything shield and you're greedy to ask for that. it was a bit of a ***** to play as morde and toss my ult on her right whens he shield so its a solid waste

fail
fail
fail

You totally forgot to mention how ****ing ******ed it is to play against a morde running merc treads and cleanse. How do I feel when I throw up my ult and you just cleanse and lol?

Think outside of yourself for once.

Rebel Scum 06-05-2010 09:01 AM

Im not talking about morgana as a character, im talking specifically about her shield. even with a ton of ap shes more of a support caster than a dps anyway. you shouldnt be trying to solo a tank. i've played moragana enough and talked to other morganas. yea she can do good damage with all 3 skills, but its hardly a nuke. she's good at harassing with skill shots and her ult stun in big fights, beyond that i dont care how you build her. you probably shouldnt be trying to solo most people in a fair fight.

Dimensionist 06-05-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eatmypie (Hozzászólás 1495013)
Im not talking about morgana as a character, im talking specifically about her shield. even with a ton of ap shes more of a support caster than a dps anyway. you shouldnt be trying to solo a tank. i've played moragana enough and talked to other morganas. yea she can do good damage with all 3 skills, but its hardly a nuke. she's good at harassing with skill shots and her ult stun in big fights, beyond that i dont care how you build her. you probably shouldnt be trying to solo most people in a fair fight.

Support caster? She has ONE support spell which has been nerfed. Don't tell me you've played enough games as morg until you've reached the 300 plus mark and you have more wins than losses with her. Learn to spell her name right too.