League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion needs some serious work (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1280468)

103percent 09-25-2011 11:02 AM

Dominion needs some serious work

So I like dominion, I really do; but it needs some serious work. Starting with the new skills you get. Essentially, they both suck.

They need to be tweaked to be useful, like the turrent one preventing turrent captures for the duration of it; or something more potent for defense as it is usually all but worthless on anything but offense.

The range of the towers are extremely small, to the point unless you are sitting inside the tower against a melee hero it won't actually really do anything. Furthermore, the capping of towers needs some serious work; the fact any one person can attempt to take a tower and prevent it from helping defend while a hero is trying to defend skews the balance to cc heavy teams as they can easily stun the defending team but still attack at no penalty because someone can be trying to cap the tower. If a person is defending a tower inside the stone zone there needs to be something to promote defense; either some kind of defense buff or the prevention of the tower being cappable, or something. Not to mention, the damage on towers can also be easily negated with a little health and defense stacking further promoting a "run-n-gun" all offense type of show.

Now to minions; I honestly don't know why you put them in dominion since they are absolutely worthless. Not once have I seen a minion contribute to either a capture or a kill. They come in such small packs they are easy to beat back, and since the lanes are always visible it makes "pushing lanes" all but impossible because you are easily ganked and seen trying to push.

Essentially what I'm saying is, i'd like to see more focus on the points actually promoting defense, and a bit more dimensions added to what seems to be a 1D game mode (zerg rush the nodes and if you have 1 person more just dive in, kill the defender(s) and take the node). Possibly lengthen the time on taking down nodes to promote staying there and defending; or delaying the time for each hero around the node. Something to promote defense and not just running to every empty node and just capping it before moving on to another.

Robotick 09-25-2011 11:09 AM

I don't agree with you, on the minion point. They push the tower really fast and help when you are alone and try to sneak a cap

Lolkoopa 09-25-2011 11:43 AM

The towers need to be worked on. I agree that defenders should get some sort of buff when defending a point. Standing on one of your points should give you some sort of buff. To make it fair then, standing on an enemies point should make you get a debuff then.

Drastone 09-25-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolkoopa (Hozzászólás 14936650)
The towers need to be worked on. I agree that defenders should get some sort of buff when defending a point. Standing on one of your points should give you some sort of buff. To make it fair then, standing on an enemies point should make you get a debuff then.

how's that fair? that's basically saying "if you're on your point, you're strong AND the enemies weaker"

JiggalyWiggaly 09-25-2011 11:47 AM

i do not agree.

Tc3001 09-25-2011 11:49 AM

Minions are definitely not useless.

UnholyFace 09-25-2011 11:50 AM

I do agree with the tower part, they're useless by the time everyone's level 7 at around 2 or 3 minutes. I disagree with minions though, they push very quickly and are extremely helpful for avoiding skillshots and sneaking captures.

Astiahl 09-25-2011 11:58 AM

When I play Pantheon I pack both Garrison and promote. He's a very "go big or go home" champion and deaths are of less consequence. Most of my deaths are from stalling at a point while my team runs to help me. I feel Flash is kind of "meh" in dominion as deaths hold much less weight. I prefer the utility of using Garrison to defend a point against a melee champion, or disabling a tower when diving huggers. And promote can be quite useful for assaulting a point faster, not to mention the uber-minion gives you gold for it's kills...it last-hits most of the time from brute force.

P.S. After reviewing that mess I know it's redundant and rambling in a few places...not going to bother fixing it because...well, beta is up.

Luminos Galen 09-25-2011 12:03 PM

Garrison is just freaking amazing for going after a defended point. There should always be 1 or 2 garrison's on a team. Promote is probably good, haven't tested it enough.

pavi132 09-25-2011 12:14 PM

Minions aren't useless. Promote, however, is.