League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Dominion Meta (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1270910)

ProfChaos 09-23-2011 07:08 AM

The Dominion Meta

So I know it's only been out in beta for a few hours but it seems the meta is that everyone grabs an AD Dueler with high mobility and stacks phantom dancers. It does seem quite effective and Yi, Xin, Jax, Nocturne, Tryn run around dominating capture points.

I found that the perfect counter to dominate in dominion last night was Rammus. I boots of mobility ghost and power ball and he can get to any team fight or capture point in a hurry and he can dive points and defend them like crazy. You can walk into a Nocturne and tryn trying to steal your point and one combo (taunt, defensive ball curl and ult) and you can easily get them to both a quarter health before the rest of your team gets there just from ball curl alone. The only dueller I had issues with last night was an Udyr I played. lots of life steal and he was good with his stuns and build tanky (like nobody else in dominion who is just stacking pd).

I wonder how this meta is going to evolve and if a team comp with variety is ever going to come into play.

TL DR; ................Ok.

Edit: A lot of good suggestions in this thread: I've seen Akali, WW, Morgana, Heimer Kog'Maw, Poppy and Teemo be effective. I like the idea of trying out Talon, Trundle, Irelia, Kennen too
I'd probably agree too that Jax shouldn't be in my first list.

Edit 2: why down votes? I'm just making conversation from my observation of Dominion. I'm not even claiming anyone is UP or OP.

AdziiMate 09-23-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Punmaster (Hozzászólás 14833584)
So I know it's only been out in beta for a few hours but it seems the meta is that everyone grabs an AD Dueler with high mobility and stacks phantom dancers. It does seem quite effective and Yi, Xin, Jax, Nocturne, Tryn run around dominating capture points.

I found that the perfect counter to dominate in dominion last night was Rammus. I boots of mobility ghost and power ball and he can get to any team fight or capture point in a hurry and he can dive points and defend them like crazy. You can walk into a Nocturne and tryn trying to steal your point and one combo (taunt, defensive ball curl and ult) and you can easily get them to both a quarter health before the rest of your team gets there just from ball curl alone. The only dueller I had issues with last night was an Udyr I played. lots of life steal and he was good with his stuns and build tanky (like nobody else in dominion who is just stacking pd).

I wonder how this meta is going to evolve and if a team comp with variety is ever going to come into play.

TL DR; ................Ok.

Enemy team has 5 AD champs

Play anyone

Get Ninja Tabi

Win the game

Hannor 09-23-2011 07:14 AM

The rush game is getting old, and working less each game.

lbgsloan 09-23-2011 07:14 AM

Build Thornmail. Laugh.

MajorKite 09-23-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdziiMate (Hozzászólás 14833656)
Enemy team has 5 AD champs

Play anyone

Get Ninja Tabi

Win the game

Except for squishies or anything that isn't tanky dps. They will 2-3 man gank you while you are alone and there is no safe place except your spawn.

Icy Nipplez 09-23-2011 07:16 AM

Rammus + Thornmail + Garrison = GG

judokyn 09-23-2011 07:16 AM

i find thundermouse to work well.

MyDeadGrandma 09-23-2011 07:17 AM

3 tanky dps, one of them being rammus. 1 Global -panth, GP, TF Karth 1 Point defender - Heimer, Lux, Janna, Gragas.

warmturtle474 09-23-2011 07:17 AM

karthus

Gravelord Nito 09-23-2011 07:19 AM

ninja tabi + thornmail = gg