League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1268502)

Sykper 09-22-2011 06:09 PM

Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine.

1 Attachment(s)
Allow me to be completely honest with each and every one of you who have certain...qualms or worries about the current state of Dominion.

Currently Dominion as of right now, is fairly balanced.

Not the kind of balance you all are accustomed to in Summoner's Rift, no, Dominion is a different beast Riot is attempting to tame to allow everyone to ride on. And so far from what I have seen from these beta tests, the taming is actually pretty good!

I can tell at this moment that Dominion caters not to the old balancing ideas of Tanks, DPS or Support, rather these roles are changed in Dominion, and you must use your champions differently, since the rules are changed from tower defense to capture and hold!

For example, (just as a thought process on how Riot might have come up with how to balance Champions in Dominion) there are new roles:

- Defenders (Champions with the ability to hold points, keep alive, and kills enemies)
- Attackers (Champions with the ability to pressure points down a lane, assaulting both points and foes)
- Stalkers (Champions with the ability to eradicate foes, killing many times and control the 'center' and flow of the game)
- Capturers (Champions whose only purpose in life is to assault points, escape being caught, and survive, they work alongside teammates to capture points, and can hit any point, a jack of all trades)

How well you do in Dominion depends SOLELY on how well your team fits the above roles, whether you have someone who can hold a point at all times while you attempt to push out, whether or not you have someone to control the center and kill would-be heroes, etc. In fact, a champion is not subject to just one role, he/she could have many!

What I am attempting to say is, that right now people are still trying to figure out in these normal or draft games what exactly you need to win, what is the ideal comp?

Naturally you would want at least 1 of each role, and another person to supplement as well, however there is also a very clear thing people also need to realize about Dominion:

There is just as much a focus to make sure you can defeat any comp as there is in Summoner's Rift.

This whole 'Tanky DPS > all' has grown way out of proportion for the populace in general, Riot knows this, and I am probably not the only one out of the players who knows this. Name any counters to Tanky DPS, what role do they have for your comp, can they do it well? Then have them play it!

Alistar (Defender, Attacker), Vayne (Attacker, Stalker), Evelynn (Stalker, Capturer), Annie (Attacker), Xin Zhao (Attacker, Stalker)

Wala, just made a good comp for Dominion, with a bunch of champions listed for their primary roles. This comp would be just perfect for an offensive kind, the one that wants to 4 cap and try for an early win. Of course, with the tanky meta you would kind of expect the other team to have like, 4 tanky DPS and say a Kassadin. Good news, you have a vayne and 4 other champions with mostly hard CC! I bet they wont even be able to touch Vayne until she decimates 1-2 of them before they get close...

But again Kassadin could be good enough to realize this and aim for Vayne, oh dear this is becoming quite the dilemma!

Honestly I think the best part about Dominion is that when you have at least a decent team fulfilling all the roles, you stand a GOOD chance to win even with all the stakes against you!

So far I have had a wonderful time playing various roles, I find that my Leona has won me every game (mainly because I literally main her and wrote a guide on how to be a good tank with her and still viable, go look in the LoL Forum Guides section under Leona guides, I am there *shameless promotion*) in Dominion thus far, and im about 50/50 with Brand, Lee sin, etc.

So what do I conclude with?

- Do not put down this mode, it is really amazing, fast-paced action that develops your skills in champion combat and your ability to prioritize quickly.
- For the beta, this is pretty **** good, I almost want to say it should be released now, but as Riot says, this is just testing server loads and bug fixes
- Balancing is not a problem, I actually do believe in Riot.

Keep looking good Riot!

- A very impressed and happy player

Sykper 09-22-2011 06:21 PM

Man a lot of folks be posting atm, thread fell right off!

Ruusaan 09-22-2011 06:25 PM

Agreed in full. I like your role list. Totally spot on.

Grunghole 09-22-2011 06:27 PM

"Wala" is actually spelled "Voila." It's french.

Just thought you would like to know.

Seems like a good read, although I only skimmed it. I'll come back to it a little later, I think.

Sykper 09-22-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grunghole (Hozzászólás 14813263)
"Wala" is actually spelled "Voila." It's french.

Just thought you would like to know.

Seems like a good read, although I only skimmed it. I'll come back to it a little later, I think.

I figured I did spell that wrong, seems kind of moot to try to edit anyways, thanks for the info though!

Yagrush 09-22-2011 06:33 PM

People need to read this. I think this is a good starting point for whoever plays Dominion. Notably because of the role list.

gravygrork 09-22-2011 06:34 PM

bump

Kaylnaz 09-22-2011 06:37 PM

There are balancing issues on Dominion because some champs (Tryn) are brokenly OP on the map since there aren't any team fights where you could usually focus them down easily/CC them you are stuck fighting against champs that can easily take out half of your team with no effort

BigDaddyRelish 09-22-2011 06:38 PM

Yeah, a lot of people are *****ing about how op Garen and Akali are and while they are DEFINITELY strong I don't think they are so overbearing they can change the tide of the match by themselves.

If you work around it, buy the right items and change your strategy, you'll find that Dominion is actually pretty intense in the strategy department and there are butt loads of ways to control the map and keep the points together.

It's loads of fun, and I love it.

Psychicken 09-22-2011 06:38 PM

My only problem with Dominion so far is the overwhelming fear of death that people seem to have, I've seen my teams and the enemies teams run away after victorious team fights rather than capture the node they were fighting for because they have low health.

In relation to champ balance, every champ brings something to the table, the players must stop thinking in terms of SR before some of those things will come to light.