League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Last hitting in late game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1243947)

11chickens 09-16-2011 10:21 PM

Last hitting in late game

so I find that I can last hit just fine in the early and early middle game, but after a certain point i find that all my teammates are way out farming me. and I am under level by about two to one levels.

Any suggestions.

TwistWrist 09-16-2011 10:30 PM

Last hitting has nothing to do with levels. You are playing AP carries...what are you doing? Are you running around from lane to lane?

Igasho 09-16-2011 10:30 PM

Depends, which champion do you mostly play that you're having this problem? Also do you find yourself going back to base a lot more, or roaming around trying to help your team-mates pick up kills?

The time spent away from your lane, or killing anything in general adds up overtime, so you may find yourself around lvl 15, while the rest of your team is 17/18. It's easy to neglect your lane when you're roaming around trying to setup ganks, or going back and forth from the base cause some one's harassing you, or you're low from a really big fight, then you go back just to start another one.

Suggestion would be to try to pick a relatively empty lane where your team-mates aren't at to get in some extra creep kills wherever you can. Or just try to stick with 1 other person while pushing a lane to however far you both feel comfortable with.

Sauron 09-16-2011 10:33 PM

You may be committing to team fights too much. Make sure to visit vacant lanes every once in a while to ensure the lanes will push by themselves.

11chickens 09-16-2011 10:37 PM

but hold on, I want to be a team player, I though that blatantly avoiding a team fight to farm was a bad thing.

Sauron 09-16-2011 10:41 PM

Not really, there will be lulls between team fights where people are just poking at each other. Unless one team is ready to push, its usually okay to drop by a side lane to clear a wave or two of minions and then head back to your team. Just ping it as you do so, so that nobody on your team initiates without you.

Overlord Heian 09-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11chickens (Hozzászólás 14534175)
but hold on, I want to be a team player, I though that blatantly avoiding a team fight to farm was a bad thing.

You have to be able to judge - it's about knowing if your team will go for it or not. If you're off on a sidelane, farming and pushing, while they have a standoff mid, that can cause some of them to break off and try to cut you off - bad news for you, if you're not careful, but it can let your team overrun the enemies left behind.

You really have to use your judgement - sometimes you can do more for your team by building a big minion wave toward a turret, applying pressure to their defenses, more than hovering around the fringes of a teamfight.

One last factor is lane-staying power - recalling for mana/health. If it's an issue, think about building sustainability early on, regen or spellvamp/lifesteal. Keeping in lane keeps your exp rolling in. I personally prefer to lane out an opponent and force them to B, rather than risk being killed for a shot at a kill. They lose exp and gold, which can be more beneficial than being overaggressive.

TwistWrist 09-16-2011 10:53 PM

If you are an AP carry, getting farmed helps your team a lot when it comes to teamfights. Especially since you play Veigar.

GeAsa 09-17-2011 07:14 AM

Deciding wether to fight in a teamfight or keep on farming requires skills and judment, which you will acquire after lots of matches. But if you are getting to their late game with less gold and level than your teammates, remember a couple of things:

1) Last hitting in the early stages is vital to be safe in your lane, If you autoattack you will push, if you push you have a long way back to your tower if a gank occurs, thus, making you more vulnerable.

2)Most champions have a skill that helps them farm, its ok (depending on the champion, again) not to use them in the very early stages, but after mid game, you MUST use them in order to farm gold and raise your gold per minute (gpm).

3) Remember that not getting the kill is not always a bad thing (in most casses actually its not a bad thing). Assists are a great way of getting gold and experience.

TehomCD 09-17-2011 09:40 AM

Figuring out whether you can safely push a lane without your team being forced into a team fight they can't win is a very tricky skill to develop. You'll be wrong a lot of times and feel terrible if your team blames you for it, but the only way to get a feel for it is to see what you can get away with.

Just try to get a feel for when your team is going to have to either defend or attack an objective (turret, dragons, baron, even jungle buffs like blue or red), or when you'll just be wasting farming time by staying in a stalemated lane, or waiting on someone else to get back. Wards really help with this by giving you more time in seeing whether a team fight is likely to develop.