League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Riot, are you aware that the last patch is causing fps loss? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1150758)

jsgnextortex 08-25-2011 12:09 PM

Riot, are you aware that the talon patch is still causing fps loss?

There are a lot of topics pointing this out but no one of them have a responce from a riot software engineer or a member of the riot staff....

*We have already tried all the old methods for improving the fps before...
*The Game was running fine till the last update
*It doesnt matter what graphic card we have, all experienced a significant fps loss(prove me wrong)
*Shadows and on-character effects/auras seems to be the cause of the problem
*Setting shadows to "anything but low" does not fix the problem, it just thumbs it down a bit
*Setting the shadows to off is the best workarround for now, but when someone uses an aura spell (like annie's shield) the fps loss strikes back

Please, I dont want to bump this topic 10 times...I just want to know if you, Riot team, are aware of this issues or not?
I also want to know if this fps drop was expected(meaning that the game expects are going up) or its some kind of unexpected bug (a loop most likely) that you will fix soon?

at page 69

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums (Hozzászólás 14366193)
Just a note. We are still planning on looking more into this. However unfortunately it will take sometime getting anything into a patch as we do have long test cycles (ie to test for things like framerate issues and crashes etc...).

at page 123

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums
The hotfix was to resolve a LoLClient.exe performance issue affecting the game client. Unfortunately fixing the other issue looks like something that will take some time. Apart from people looking into this particular issue, we do have a separate team working on performance improvements in general.

However its not the sort of stuff that can be done quickly, unless we get a really good lead on this issue. We are also building tech which may help us understand this issue better as well.

We realize that this is a serious issue and its one of the reasons Riot are throwing resources / people at this problem. I can't promise a quick fix (I wish I could).

Percentage of users affected since TALON PATCH:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...182430&page=47

Special note: FPS have nothing to do with latency....for complaining/ helping/ talking/ make riot notice about latency issues dont use this thread because its unrelated

Update: poll dont longer sticky, voting now is useless
Update2: This topic is about a issue that started at talon patch(weeks ago and its still there!), the recent riven patch issue is a different one.....however use this thread if you feel like since its related to fps issues anyway
Update3: the best workarround for the riven issue (specially if you havent experienced the talon one) is suspending (with process explorer) or killing the LoLclient exe once the game starts....suspending it is better, because you can resume the process after the game ends without having to relog on pvp.net

jsgnextortex 08-25-2011 12:30 PM

bamp

OMG its Dylan 08-25-2011 12:32 PM

agreed

if i remember 08-25-2011 12:39 PM

OMG... I removed so many stuff and reinstalled game, Bought a cooling pad for my laptop which is already fairly new so it can't be an overheat problem. Cleaned computer defrag, driver updates EVERYTHING on the support site for bad fps, nothing worked.

Hopefully riot looks into this because for now I refuse to play this game with 0-20 fps which makes me worthless in team fights. It is not fun when i miss cs because my fps drops randomly. I am pretty OCD about my minion kills =[ and I can't last hit with constant fps lag.

jsgnextortex 08-25-2011 04:11 PM

bump for a responce

jsgnextortex 08-25-2011 05:02 PM

bump.....cmon! just a "we are aware of the prob" or "there is no problem to solve, fps will be like this from now on" could be enough for me and for all the people who are blindly waiting....

Usara Dark 08-25-2011 05:03 PM

Bump! Riot what did u do!

Duhizy 08-25-2011 05:47 PM

ping goy bad 300-600 since last patch and now the game seems all pixely when i move everything is updated correctly and i have reinstalled a nothing works

Darkkbow 08-25-2011 05:52 PM

riot responded in another post like this saying the haven't received a large number of complaints about this problem and that it was all on our own ends. which is complete BS. Especially since we were all fine before this patch hit

jsgnextortex 08-25-2011 06:13 PM

No, they responded to a ping isue....Im reporting a fps issue here, nothing is wrong with my ping...
Im preety sure this is not my problem(Tried all the things riot sugested in other threads)....but I want to know whats riot possition about this because I feel like im waiting for a fix that will never come.....
And Im preety sure the problem started with the last patch....since I havent changed any other setting of my computer (till I tried updating my video drivers which also didnt work)
I have read tons of messeges regarding to this issue, even from users with expects higher than mine....
I used to play the game at high settings (all high!) before the patch.......and I cant even stay at 30fps now.....so I dont know why riot cant take a look at this!......

So, in other words....This is something that is being fixed or not?! (I wont cry if riot responce with a negative post but I wont be playing till this is fixed, I hate loosing because of the lag,that meaning Im leaving the game if this never gets fixed )