League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to counter Akali? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=111255)

YouFubar 05-11-2010 10:42 PM

How to counter Akali?

Having some problems with Akali. I've been playing TF and whenever I fight her she pops in and out of her stealth bubble thing. The Akali I've played had Infinity Edge, TriForce (w/e it's called), and rage blade, with some other misc items. She dealt around 255 damage and had a dps of 1.4, while her summoner skills were cleanse and flash.

This caused a problem with TF because I didn't have enough time to auto attack her to death. I have no idea how to counter this, and I'm only hoping they balance her out some, because her "escape" stealth bubble, she can "disappear" during battle MULTIPLE times. On a side note: She got ulti'd by a Warwick, used the disappear, and took no damage...?

Calcabrina 05-11-2010 10:47 PM

TF's answer to everything: gold card.

Temlam 05-11-2010 10:48 PM

be happy she wasnt full of ap...it's worse :P

YouFubar 05-11-2010 10:52 PM

Hard to goldcard something that keeps disappearing, plus the TriForce or w/e it's called absorbed alot. To kill her you would need MULTIPLE goldcards in a 3 seconds, thus I would need a super low cool-down, which would make me deal less damage. It was the Akali's first game, and I'm mid elo. Something is seriously wrong when someone can pick up a character and face stomp a whole team. (5 of us went to their base to kill it, Akali ran into ours and face stomped the nexus).

Calcabrina 05-11-2010 10:58 PM

are you seriously complaining about getting backdoored when you're playing tf

wildfire393 05-11-2010 11:07 PM

Don't stand near her stealth bubble. All of her attacks are melee ranged besides mark (which is only half strength if she can't melee you). Force her to leave the bubble and she can't stealth and becomes easy prey. Stun her outside the bubble and she can't get back into it. Buy Wards/Oracles so the stealth doesn't do anything.

Not that tough.

Akyio 05-11-2010 11:11 PM

In my opinion there will be a lot of discussions about Akali now, because its second day since she came out right.. It's like when ezreal came everybody was whinning that he's so prodigal useless, and now he receives a nerf because of his crazy heal.
Akali is also counterable, though for me its pretty much a mistery as well, she has very huge mobility.

Supreme1337 05-11-2010 11:27 PM

What I've realized so far is that once Akali gets her Ult she rapes until level ~12, and then she evens out a bit. Try to avoid her mid game because her ult does huge damage and has insane range (which is definitely gonna get nerfed). Otherwise use Oracle if the bubble annoys you, or Warwick, who's bloodscent essentially makes it useless as an escape mechanism.

YouFubar 05-11-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcabrina (Hozzászólás 1269321)
are you seriously complaining about getting backdoored when you're playing tf

It wasnt backdooring, she ran through the base, turrets and all. Backdooring is porting and killing the nexus.

EcoEco 05-11-2010 11:38 PM

Its a mystery on how to counter Akali for now in TT because shes really good in such a small map with so many creeps for her R skill. Good for running away and for hiding, just look at Phreak's video.

But TT often you would use wards, perhaps grabbing an Invisible ward instead of sight. Though that is still a pretty bad solution.

Havent really seen or played her enough but, shes pretty good at escape and ganking in TT