League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [GUIDE] Brief AP Ez guide. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=106792)

CTHDRL 05-05-2010 02:59 PM

[GUIDE] Brief AP Ez guide.

9/0/21 Into Spell pen.

Red = Magic pen
Yellow = MP5
Blue = MP5/CD18
Quint = magic pen/MP5

I use a combo of the above.

Items.

Sapphire + 2HP pots.

Does not matter if you have mid or a side lane. If in a side lane, be conservative; because healing your teammate will deplete your mana quickly.

If mid, last hit. Only autoattack if the other guy is pushing your tower hard enough that the tower will steal gold from you.

Q
W
E

Max W and R ASAP.

Max E when you can't add into W or R.

Q when you have to.

So..

Sapphire + 2HP pots.
Sheen.
Mejas
Preferred boots. Sorc or merc.
Lichbane, decide if you need more damage or more MR when building.

This is your core.

From here on out experience is what you need to proceed.

Are you owning?

Zhonyas.

Your team owning?

Crystal Scepter

Do you need some more magic pen?

Void staff
Abysmal Scepter (also has MR)

After you decide which item, is the enemy team smart enough to focus you?

Guardian Angel
. It is simply awesome, and as far as I know they have fixed the lame bug with it

Other items I can see being useful at different levels of play against certain enemies.

Haunting Guise
DFG
Thornmail
RoA
BVeil

Frozen Heart (courtesy of Khaztr)

There is NO ideal item build, because your items should always reflect your enemies.

When Ez first came out people would claim that "omg E isn't a skill shot". Yes, yes it is. E is dependent on positioning. Landing E is an art form. Because it serves multiple purposes.

It is an escape, an initiation, a minor nuke, and a set-up.

You can use it to;

Escape from immediate danger; while nuking your chaser, while setting up to use W on multiple teammates and enemies in one click. That is most definitely a skill. It's missile range is hard to get used to. Over time you will get a feel for it how it works. I can't really explain it.

Ez is an amazing tower diver. He is squishy so people think they can turtle at half health. A fortunate mistake for us.

E either in or out of tower's range; your choice; that should be made depending on how intelligent you believe them to be. W + Q and R if necessary. As fast as possible. The faster, the less amount of time they have to GTFO therefore the better.

The combo isn't perfect, if you do it too quickly your E will not activate and you will just stand there and use your W and Q way out of range and look stupid. It takes practice.

Whether you want to initiate with R, or try for penta-kills depends on the capabilities of your team. Remember to do what's best to win; not to supplement your ego. AP Ez is a team support nuker.

Remind your teammates to stay clumped up if they're injured so you can heal them.

Ez can warp over every wall on SR, that is narrow enough to be warped over including base walls.

Do not get too greedy. You are not a DPS hard carry. You are dependent on not dying and keeping your teammates alive. Be cautious with your recklessness; so to speak.

Being on ventrilo makes Ez's job IMMENSELY easier. Yes, there is a noticeable difference between a premade team on ventrilo and solo que. You will have MUCH more fun being on a premade who can communicate.

Remember to have fun even with the the immenseness of how lame Ez's concept is, his dance and his quotes. Do not let those things get to you. He is a great champ. And his ****ty dnace comes in handy when you destroy the Nexus! It's like an insult to the enemy team that such a homosexual champion defeated them. ^^

Edit; When killing towers; use Q to hit minions to up your attack speed; you can also heal/nuke any teammates/champions nearby to do the same. Multiple targets hit with W means multiple stacks of your passive.

Khaztr 05-05-2010 05:00 PM

NJ, though I can't think of any situation where I'd go for Thornmail...

CTHDRL 05-05-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaztr (Hozzászólás 1214150)
NJ, though I can't think of any situation where I'd go for Thornmail...

End-game those rare times there are 3-4 Phys carries and they all decide to focus you. Even though it won't do a whole lot, you won't have time to nuke all of them, and at least they get damaged at all.

Khaztr 05-05-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneironaut (Hozzászólás 1214187)
End-game those rare times there are 3-4 Phys carries and they all decide to focus you. Even though it won't do a whole lot, you won't have time to nuke all of them, and at least they get damaged at all.

I think Frozen Heart would be worth the extra gold over Thronmail in that case. It would increase your chances of survival as well as bring down your cooldowns.

CTHDRL 05-05-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaztr (Hozzászólás 1214226)
I think Frozen Heart would be worth the extra gold over Thronmail in that case. It would increase your chances of survival as well as bring down your cooldowns.

You have a point; my games don't normally last long enough for me to afford that though. -.-

I'll add it in; thank you my friend.

DayInTheSun 05-05-2010 06:16 PM

This man knows what he's talking about. :) +1

I also like the fact that you lay down the different items you can gget depending on the situation, unlike most fail Ezreal guides I've seen that pigeon hold you into one direction. I think what makes Ezreal such an awesome champ is that he's so adaptable to different team comps.

Seirai 05-05-2010 06:39 PM

I've seen some Ez go locket first. IMO, I go Deathfire Grasp, it seems I'm the only one whom uses it to initiate my ganks, it also lowers cooldown and goes well with my build. Though I might be on a lower ELO, I've been streaking and killing like crazy as Ez with it, and I always get meki pendant as my first item and stay in lane for a long while, though being pushed back lightly during the laning phase. Though, everyone calls me "lul noob ez" because I spam level 1 Q to make long ranged finishing hits and ult to hit 2-3 minion waves with one shot when there's no viable targets for it.

CTHDRL 05-05-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetriando (Hozzászólás 1214853)
I've seen some Ez go locket first. IMO, I go Deathfire Grasp, it seems I'm the only one whom uses it to initiate my ganks, it also lowers cooldown and goes well with my build. Though I might be on a lower ELO, I've been streaking and killing like crazy as Ez with it, and I always get meki pendant as my first item and stay in lane for a long while, though being pushed back lightly during the laning phase. Though, everyone calls me "lul noob ez" because I spam level 1 Q to make long ranged finishing hits and ult to hit 2-3 minion waves with one shot when there's no viable targets for it.

Never seen a locket Ez myself; seems other champions would be more suited for it. I'll have to try it our.

Also, ignore ragers. I get called noob as I get a 2-4 k/d with ~4 tower kills while keeping my team alive and capable.

Some people just blame their downfalls on others.

Seirai 05-05-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneironaut (Hozzászólás 1215506)
Never seen a locket Ez myself; seems other champions would be more suited for it. I'll have to try it our.

Also, ignore ragers. I get called noob as I get a 2-4 k/d with ~4 tower kills while keeping my team alive and capable.

Some people just blame their downfalls on others.

Word, true dat.

Though a lot of people seem to not realize that Ez is doing a lot of the work by healing and buffing your team with Essence Flux and that your ult is horribly draining their teams HP pool before or during a teamfight. I guess he's not that much of a popular target to focus with DoT because he can just flash out with his E. Oh well, sucks how I get bursted like hell sometimes.

IceDive 05-05-2010 10:15 PM

If you have survivability issues with ez, start with a RoA