League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   dominion mode is "arcade shoot each other mode" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1062872)

Aluminar 08-06-2011 06:49 AM

dominion mode is "arcade shoot each other mode"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...gends-Dominion

"Champions begin the match at a higher level and with more starting gold than in the classic gametypes. This gets you into the action right away. So instead of laning, farming and harassing at the beginning of the match, you will get into big team fights right in the first 30 seconds of the game"

"Items have been refined with new ones being added and a few problematic ones, particularly some of the powerful defensive ones like Banshee's Veil, restricted. The intent was to make all the champions viable"

"A new points system serves to emphasize team play instead of simply kills, deaths and assists"

Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with just some arcade gameplay once in a while, but from what I got from this was this game mode is less about skill and far more about ****ing around

as fun as that might be, Dominion looks like it lacks the majority of the complexity and thought that other game modes have, and I believe that same complexity is what makes them fun.

One thing is for sure, I probably wont touch Dominion much, as most of the time I'll play regular games and chances are if I wana play arcade mode league, I'd go play aram

anyway, your thoughts?

RaptorJetpack 08-06-2011 06:56 AM

Pretty much this, i find i get more satisfaction from outplaying my enemies in other ways than just facerolling buttons and killing them. Out farming, and denying the enemy is hugely satisfying to me.

I really hope Riot doesn't give up on magma chamber.

Aluminar 08-06-2011 08:21 AM

agreed

Kietsu 08-06-2011 08:38 AM

Well personally I find laning in solo queue to be incredibly tedious.

AlokJuro 08-06-2011 08:45 AM

TBH I doubt team fights will start in the first 30 seconds of the game no matter what riot says. However I do expect lots of ganks pushing and BDing from what I have read it sounds like it will be more about "who can get the most towers without the other team seeing we are taking there tower" and with the new items it will have a different learning curve to it

Hotdogs 08-06-2011 09:13 AM

too early to say that i think

i have no idea what the gameplay will be like because i dont know the relative strength of the minions and towers and how they scale

i think it could be more complex, but in the early days you will see people just doing random ****

The Uprising 08-06-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlokJuro (Hozzászólás 12502905)
TBH I doubt team fights will start in the first 30 seconds of the game no matter what riot says. However I do expect lots of ganks pushing and BDing from what I have read it sounds like it will be more about "who can get the most towers without the other team seeing we are taking there tower" and with the new items it will have a different learning curve to it

They did in TT, just saying. I think that's a good thing hopefully it gets ranked solo queue eventually.

Arthur Crackpot 08-06-2011 11:49 AM

While I like the standard MOBA style play, and enjoy matching wits in the laning phase, sometimes you just want some action, too. Dominion looks like it's going to have a nice blend of strategy and RAWR KILL, and I look forward to it.

King Ron Jeremy 08-06-2011 11:52 AM

Stop being so optimistic about everything that anyone does, all you do is bring doubt to the forums, it's pretty annoying tbh.. Stop denying it before you try it.

Borigrad 08-06-2011 12:09 PM

As a frequent user of the escapist... never use their opinions on games. The whole community are gaming elitists who are surprisingly bad at games. The videos are good though. Use Destructoid, they actually have a clue around there.