League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   League of Legends: Dominion is Coming! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1054649)

Tryndamere 08-04-2011 05:13 AM

League of Legends: Dominion is Coming!

Summoners!

Many of you may have been wondering out loud just what we have in store for the future. Today we are pleased to give you your first look at League of Legends: Dominion, the largest game update in the history of League of Legends. This update will feature not only a brand new map, but also an entirely new game mode showcasing innovative gameplay never before attempted in the MOBA genre.

For quite some time, all of you have been clamoring for new battlefields upon which to test your skills against other summoners in League of Legends. We're pleased to announce that we've heard you, and that for over a year our Design Team has been working tirelessly to craft Dominion into a truly new and groundbreaking experience.

On the Crystal Scar players will battle for control of five capture points, holding them to damage their enemies' nexus. The game ends when one team has seized control long enough to drain the opposing team's nexus down to zero. Battles last around 20 minutes, and focus on high-intensity, player-versus-player combat. If you've been looking for a fast-paced, high-intensity competitive gaming experience, this is what you've been waiting for.

We're taking Dominion on the road during convention season this year, allowing you to get your hands on the new game mode at both Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington! Stay tuned for more details as we draw closer to these exciting events.

To find out more about this upcoming game mode and new Field of Justice, as well as get your first look at what Dominion will be like in action, visit the official Dominion Website.

Update:
Some of you have expressed interest in when Dominion will be available worldwide, and we wanted to respond to that directly. While we take a “when it’s ready” approach to our feature releases, you will be able to play Dominion in a nearly complete state at GamesCom (August 17-21) in Europe and at PAX Prime (August 26-28) in North America.

League of Legends: Dominion will make it into your daily play schedule shortly after PAX.

Keep an eye out on our website over the month of August for more information, video documentaries, trailers, live streams and gameplay previews.

warpzo 08-04-2011 05:13 AM

first

Fairness 08-04-2011 05:13 AM

This is amazing.

Hopefully this isn't some early-stage preview that's 'preparing' us for 2012 though.

Palindrake 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

First off, I am really looking forward to playing this new map/mode. I cannot wait.

So how soon is SOON?

I can't believe all the hype this week for an announcement. Just boggles the mind Riot...

Read the preview here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...minion-preview

Oh and how does this differ from AB in WoW?? Smells awful familiar...

kapane 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

I need a new pair of underwear

Rextarus 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

Gentleman Cho'Gath is very pleased at this...

Crazy Demon 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

That's what I love about LoL. They always willing to try something different instead of rehashing the same thing over and over again.

RiotWarty 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

I honestly can't wait to play this new mode.

I just hope that the hype for the game mode lasts for a long time, and it doesn't become another twisted treeline. The fact that it is a different game mode probably secures that.

Looking at the minimap that some people have tweeted links to (not sure if it's official), the initial base races & scrambles seems like coordination would be pretty vital, and that skirmishes would happen pretty much nonstop.

I'm also interested at how this game mode might (or might not) handle games becoming very one-sided and snowbally, or how stealthers might be handled. Would capturing successive bases take longer and longer? Would there be handicapping for the losers, to prevent such snowballing? (ex:Faster base captures, though that would promote longer games). It's pretty much going to be impossible to win early game by "rushing", since the other team would respawn in your face in like 10 seconds.

Also, this introduces a new metagame to LoL. It'll be interesting to see how the meta transforms really quickly when this mode is released, and a ton of players swarm it. I wonder if there will be a Ranked Dominion mode upon release (or maybe delayed for a patch or two to test balance)...

Haters gonna hate, but this actually makes LoL pretty unique compared to all of its competitors' current state - it offers what they have, and more. Don't rage that it's not coming this week - that just deters Riot from releasing information early.
For all we know, the mode might still be somewhat buggy, or have issues in balance. Perhaps the award system (ex: bases captured) might not be finalized, or other similar game aspects. Not much gameplay was shown - they do have a few weeks to polish stuff up, right?

ShinRyuuken 08-04-2011 05:14 AM

More repeating. Hell. F'kin. Yea.

DreamsOfGrandeur 08-04-2011 05:15 AM

New map? Sweet.

New gameplay? Epicwinsauceawesometown.

edit: All the downvoters need to chill out.
You were the ones who got excited over the hype. An intelligent person takes everything in stride. So shut up and enjoy the fact there's a new map coming.

You're here because you love LoL.