League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tankwick? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=995286)

Deinbeck 07-20-2011 01:07 AM

Tankwick?

Discuss. I've been messing round with Warwick, and I find him sub-par when compared to Udyr in every possible way. Why not just tank him out completely?

Warrrrax 07-20-2011 05:24 AM

He has to be a threat. He has no taunt and only 1 CC with his ult. A pure "tankwick" just gets ignored.

Hence, the bloodrazor so his Ult hits hard and he remains threatening, with almost pure defense past that point... and the Frozen Mallet to ensure he can keep beating on his chosen target.

When WW Ults to their carry and slows with mallet, the enemy team has to respond. If WW Ults to their carry and does 20% health with 4000 health, they will laugh.

Sporego 07-20-2011 05:30 AM

Done before go to mobafire and search gank tank

Tha Dynamite 07-20-2011 05:37 AM

Tankwick just screams out "ignore me". If you watch TSM vs CLG's first IEM game on Youtube, you'll realize that the Lanewick built Tankwick is completely ignored in almost every fight unless he is the only target still there.

If you don't build any sort of damage on Warwick, he is almost irrelevant other for the 1.7 seconds he ulted.
You can't just build tanky with any champion. Its like building Irelia tank.

NoI Pamyu 07-20-2011 06:17 AM

that's the point on WW, getting ignored and not dying grabbing the carry while your team destroys the enemies.
Besides Q poke is not ignorable at all

frankybeanz 07-20-2011 09:27 AM

lol just get a wit's end/ wriggles/ bloodrazors on tankwick and you rape face. problem solved. i mean bloodrazors/wriggles if you need armor and wit's end if you need mr. simple as that. :)

frankybeanz 07-20-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuukz (Hozzászólás 11728013)
that's the point on WW, getting ignored and not dying grabbing the carry while your team destroys the enemies.
Besides Q poke is not ignorable at all

agreed especially in early team fights ww hurts a lot with his pokes.

Hobocop 07-20-2011 10:20 AM

Get tanky damage items and CDR.

Wit's End (early-midgame) and Bloodrazor (lategame) are both excellent, and they also proc when you ult someone. Wit's End also provides you with a total of 50 MR pretty much all the time as long as you're DPSing someone, which you should be.

CDR from items like Spirit Visage (which also improves his passive and Q, along with any lifesteal items you might buy like Wriggle's) and Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart greatly increase his damage output and by extension, his survivability in teamfights.

CDR also has the added benefit of giving you a fairly spammable AoE attack speed steroid lategame, which improves the output of your carries as well as your own. 80% personal attack speed and 40% for any allies nearby on a 12 second CD with max CDR, 10 second uptime for 35 mana? Yes, please. Additionally, it's always nice to have your ult up more often.

Booterang 07-20-2011 11:04 AM

You build him as a CDR mpen tank. The only offensive item I build on a lanewick is a void staff. Hungering strike does a crapload of damage, especially when you consider it hits for 20% of total health and is on a 3.5 second cooldown with cdr items. It also serves to keep Warwick alive. Items like Wit´s end and Madreds bloodrazor are usually too much of a luxury to afford.

It may seem like he is doing low damage, but a cdr/tank build allows Warwick to make a bee-line straight for the AD or AP carry, a character that he can easily defeat in a 1v1 fight if he uses his ultimate skill to isolate them from the fight.