League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Oppenheimer (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=98911)

Thth 04-23-2010 11:38 PM

[Guide] Oppenheimer — An In-Depth Guide to Playing Support-Nuke Heimerdinger
 
This guide has been moved here on account of its having reached the 30000 character cap. Go read it in the new thread.


`

Rezengu 04-24-2010 01:42 AM

Hi thar
I know you

Iovemuscle 04-24-2010 04:17 AM

yay

Steamsteam 04-24-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pintos (Hozzászólás 1115007)
I LIKE MEN

Jessus this is a detailed guide! thanks!

Thth 04-26-2010 11:28 PM

The guide's been slightly perfected overall, and I've added a section detailing laning against specific champions.

In other regards, I fear that my guide's length has been detracting potential readers. If that is you, then you are totally not scholarly enough to deserve Heimerdinger. Wimp.

Lord Oliveira 04-26-2010 11:50 PM

Almost exactly the same as my guide, including skill build and general tactics, only difference being you take Clarity over Exhaust, the Utility Tree over Defense, and different item build.

I updating mine a few days ago: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=82894

Thth 04-27-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Oliveira (Hozzászólás 1137269)
Almost exactly the same as my guide, including skill build and general tactics, only difference being you take Clarity over Exhaust, the Utility Tree over Defense, and different item build.

Yes, of all the guides I've read during my earlier days with Heimer, I've drawn the greatest influence from yours (which I must thank you for), most specifically the skill build. We do differ however in some key differences, specifically in that of item builds, with mine being quite as damage focused as possible, as well as my dictation of playstyle beyond the opening siege, where your guide cuts quite loose :)

ultralof 05-13-2010 03:41 PM

I wonder abit about your skill priorzation.
At about level 6-8 I usualy start to get AP-items (first = the mana/hp/$ stone and boots). When AP start to climb the rockets become instantly viable.
They arent great damagedealers at low levels, but they ARE more manaeffiecent, and having just ONE nuke can be very detrimental to my ability to kill ppl.
Not getting rockets until lvl13 = dampens damageoutput IMHO.
Also, I like to get atleast 1 lvl in upgrade at lvl6, since alot of opponents tend to forget the slowing effect, so turrets can both assit in killing, or running away from ppl.


My skills usualy go like this.
Turret
Nade
Turret
Nade
Turret
Upgrade

Then its a bit situational, but usually I continue
Turret
Rockets
Rockets
After that i go Upgrade>nade>rockets

honestmullet 05-13-2010 04:35 PM

I am most interested about the runes. How do you know that Magic Penatration doesn't apply to turrets?

(I don't mean this as a challenge, I'm just wondering how you know that.)

I'm not looking forward to replacing all my mag pen.....

Thth 05-13-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultralof (Hozzászólás 1285737)
I wonder abit about your skill priorzation.
At about level 6-8 I usualy start to get AP-items (first = the mana/hp/$ stone and boots). When AP start to climb the rockets become instantly viable.
They arent great damagedealers at low levels, but they ARE more manaeffiecent, and having just ONE nuke can be very detrimental to my ability to kill ppl.
Not getting rockets until lvl13 = dampens damageoutput IMHO.
Also, I like to get atleast 1 lvl in upgrade at lvl6, since alot of opponents tend to forget the slowing effect, so turrets can both assit in killing, or running away from ppl.


My skills usualy go like this.
Turret
Nade
Turret
Nade
Turret
Upgrade

Then its a bit situational, but usually I continue
Turret
Rockets
Rockets
After that i go Upgrade>nade>rockets


Firstly, in terms of efficiency, rockets are only efficient if you dedicate to them, but splitting skill points to both rockets and nades plunders efficiency, with ~1.5damage/mana with two level 3 skills as opposed to ~3damage/mana with one level five. You could dedicate to rockets for efficiency, but I contend that rockets are lesser than grenades, as I've stated with backing in my guide.
In terms of nukeability however, of course rockets would contribute to that, but that's only assuming the opponent engages for you to be able to hit with rockets, which, in a solo lane position, against a Heimer with turrets, rarely happens. Keep in mind that when Heimer sieges down mid is usually about the time when your turret and nades get maxed, so once you go in to support lanes, you'll most likely have rockets and your ult.

Secondly, philosopher's stone is a horrible item for Heimer. He's the best lane farmer champion, so he doesn't need the minimal gold that stone gives, chalice is better for mana, and the hp it gives is regen, which implies being harassed— something which could be avoided with practice, and won't stop you from dying. And of course, it doesn't build up to anything you'll need for endgame, so you'll be selling it later like chalice regardless.

Lastly, getting your ult at level 6 instead of 11 is certainly viable for survivability, but going all-in with the siege is so much awesome-er. (Not to mention that engagements are rare with proper grenade harassment)

Quote:

Originally Posted by honestmullet (Hozzászólás 1286236)
I am most interested about the runes. How do you know that Magic Penatration doesn't apply to turrets?

(I don't mean this as a challenge, I'm just wondering how you know that.)

I'm not looking forward to replacing all my mag pen.....

Go give it a test in practice with your full magic pen sheet equipped and off on some minions or a buddy :)
edit:disregard; magic pen works


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:50 AM.
12345 ... 8


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc